SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

NERF THAT

:rage:

Tell that to Angry Bird because he uses Zeku for entire tournaments.

1 Like

Bonchan, please win this.

I want to say that most people didn’t think Young Zeku was bad, it’s Old Zeku that makes Zeku feel bad. You can see in Angry Bird and Momochi’s play that Old is used very sparingly to quickly inject a flip/DP AA chance/koku into the game, and then switching right back into Young.

But Young is mad solid, has great buttons.

2 Likes

That’s the one thing Young Zeku definitely doesn’t have. They aren’t even good by SF5 standards.

Can someone tell me when Top 8 begins? As in, in how many hours?

About 3.5 from now.

Thanks. Will be a long night for us Europe guys.

slide, st.hp, cr.hp and st.mp are good buttons

1 Like

He started using only Zeku lately, but he has also Akuma in his pocket. None of the matches he had last night forced him to use Akuma.

Eh…

St.lk, St.Mk, St.Hk are basically his best do things buttons.

St.HP is a lot shorter than it looks and easy to fuck up. Cr.HP kind of what its mean to do which is CC somebody trying to defend themselves with jabs. Unfortunately you don’t get the super easy “baby’s first hit confirm” of the St.HP target combo (this is fine and should stay that way).

Once you have v-trigger, slide becomes the handiest button because everything else is pretty worthless as far as range goes. Unfortunately a lot of Zeku’s lean heavy on slide activate which hampers the utility of VT1. After activation though, cr.mk and st.mk become the best ones since it lets you threaten people with 300 damage from far range with st.mk or for trying to walk away from him in cr.mk.

You can whiff punish the balls out of YZ’s cr.mp for some inexplicable reason. It looks and feels like its the button you want to use for something, but really just shove the thing up your ass and don’t use it outside of combos.

Anyways, looking at the bracket, here’s some predictions:

Gachikun vs Bonchan
Fujimura vs Wong
Angry Bird vs Itazan
Fuudo vs Momochi - can go either way, honestly. If Momo goes with Ken, probably he’s gonna win

stmk goes nowhere, good AA though

sthk useful vs. 4f characters

sthp is his longest range hit confirm tool, not short.

Actually it’s his longest normal button period between both forms, not counting slide

3 Likes

yeah I didn’t wanna say longest because slide exists

i think honda would be cool. he would fit right into the roster with an unreactable ex headbutt and 1/4 hp command grab.

i dgaf about any returning chars tho. we got everyone we need from sfa, 3, and 4. fuck your rose and dudley lol.

I gladly would but she’s a fictional character so getting her into the game is the closest thing.

5 Likes

St.Mk controls a lot of space actually. 7 frames too. The important part is that it doesnt have a hurtbox below it so you can use it to mess with people trying to harass you with cr.mks.

St.Hp can sort of do it against certain characters, but then you have to play from a range that Young Zeku isnt that good at. If you’re gonna fight lows from footsies range, then getting the CC is often better amd more practical than trying dancing around with St.hp. if they switched the speeds of both respective normals it’d be way better. 10 frame st.hp and a 12 frame cr.hp would make him a better character. Hell, male st.hp 9 frames.

St.HK is just an useful button to catch people trying to jump out of things and as an anti air. Its goofy AF, but you can anti air a lot of things with it. Good as a shimmy with super because you can link a super on counterhit too.

Y.Zeku doesn’t want to be playing neutral much anyway, he gets in, if the blockstring doesn’t work out end it off with a sthp at a range where it will crush through jabs, reset the spacing and walk in for sthk or stmp

stmk doesn’t give Zeku a plan further than “I’m gonna beat a low” which doesn’t offer enough toward his gameplan. I use stmk primarily for AAs.

sthp/stmp/stlk/sthk/slide are doing way more for him, and anywhere you can stmk you can realistically attempt a sthp and confirm that into slide for momentum.

Zeku plays traditional streetfighter

Young Z plays street fighter 5

ironic eh