SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

He’s a SF2 World Warrior, do not stress my friend.

I’m starting to worry about Poison, though. She’s crazy popular but I worry they’re nervous about any controversy repeating.

That is so true.

I’m ready for Season 4 advertisement.

10 Likes

If Honda is in you better know what you’re asking for.

Motion hands off a 3 frame jab -
EX Butt slam invincible 1-16 - plus on block
Command grab
EX head butt lightning fast,safe - v trigger cancel
V-skill - goes through fireballs

Bring it.

3 Likes

Don’t worry Makoto should be in the CFN poll is strong with Makoto. I never looked at it seriously before because of the edgelord rank but after looking again comparing to S3. Makoto should be in. Makoto is unique, sensible addition and not a clone.

She is also a decent choice for how SFV isn’t projectile advantage designed game according to the latest books plus her SA would work decent as Vtrigger.

Don’t forget the stages, classic costumes, cinematic mode, dramatic mode, extra battle, sheng long and my all time favorite giant peter!!

1 Like

Words of wisdom.

4 Likes

Can’t believe that out of all the Menat players it’s Justin who makes Top 8. I suppose fundamentals still sort of work in SFV if your character has broken normals.

Also, and I’m usually more of a ‘glad this guy won’ instead of a ‘glad this guy lost’ kind of person but boy am I happy MenaRD is out. I can’t stand that cocky brat for the life of me.

2 Likes

Honestly season 4 was probably decided before the character popularity poll results came out.

Capcom has no idea how popular Makoto is with how much she gets left out of things.

My guess is S4 and S5 are already selected and the popularity poll results will influence which characters come out first.

4 Likes

^This.

JWong is well known for his lame play, Menat allows him to poke the opponent to death without paying for bad placed normals. The AAs are good and the comeback mechanic is dumb, I’m not surprised at all. He has no shame in playing like that, but if he had faced Phenom, Gachikun or Fujimura in this tournament he would be already out.

The funny thing is Makoto is constantly in the top 5 requested characters even in unofficial polls, the first female not named Sakura since the beginning. People are constantly pushing their biased narrative about how much requested Rose and Viper are (I do the same for Mak), but none of them were top 20 material in that damn Capcom poll, they were Makoto and Poison. They can include whoever they want at the end of the day, but not including Makoto would be a statement of Capcom being incompetent at delivering what the fans asked.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s decided, I would say it is decided after a year or 6 months of data gathering and research.

This isn’t like the same workflow previous SF games were designed and compiled. AKA waterfall.

SFV was designed to profit with DLC, by looking back to vanilla SFV by designed and content.

1 Like

Dunno, the poll results are from last January, they had enough time to decide the order of the DLC. I think Capcom also underestimated the requests for characters like Sagat and Cody, personally I would’ve included these two way earlier than S4. Proof of that is Ed, a clear attempt of creating an alternative version of our Mayor especially with the always bored attitude. They’ve failed.

1 Like

I have took 3d modeling but im very amateur yet I understood the process and Capcom has been outsourcing lately.

Looking at individual storymode that are now 1 or 2 matches? Don’t tell me those would took 3 months completion?

A single 3D models won’t took more than 2 months in a dedicated studio that specialize and focus on those.

A voice over and scripts won’t also took 2 month completion.

And also those stuff are done and worked on all at the same time not after each other.

Things aren’t done by 2 people but worked by multiple people with specialization and forte dedicated to the need work. Unlike the sprite era.

Another thing it’s not something like “we need to finish this character before we begin with another” or doing pending works. Studio isn’t like that there would be another person assigned to the project.

The most time consuming aspect of developing new characters isn’t their character model or their story mode but the entire game design aspect of it. From the first moveset ideas to how they will be implemented in the final game, to animating the entire character in accordance to the frame and damage data that was decided upon and of course extensive testing afterwards to avoid releasing a buggy mess to the public.

Try to watch SF4 behind the scenes.

Agree that assigning hitboxes are the meticulous stage, but it won’t took 3 months long. They probably assigning it before the base model external visual effects are completed.

Bug and glitch testing isn’t done by a single person too.

And mostly characters are now is templated to fit easily because SFV is designed that way from the ground up.

As for game design it’s already their since SFV game mechanics is the game design.

Softwares are now done through agile method that’s why we get easily patch out everything without conflicts because those were invision from the start of the project.

That’s why it’s nearly impossible(time consuming) to do a decent tag mode or Dramatic mode for SFV because it isn’t designed from the ground up.

Looking at USF2 buddy mode those took a lot time because those weren’t envisioned ideas from the ground up.

Looking at A3 that probably the most ambitious game that Capcom can easily customized for different stuff because the dev probably want those in the beginning compare to 3S.

1 Like

I’m just saying getting the character to work is way more time-consuming than just doing the model.

1 Like

Agree. They are done by different people that are expertise in different areas. And probably has different artist assigned per character and costume. Then multiple set of tester assigned for a particular character to do multiple play sessions.

1 Like

I invite you to a visage of s4

the age of cammy is over

the age of honda has begun

6 Likes

Two Zekus in top 8, do we still call him bad?

if he loses, yes
if he wins, call for nerfs

7 Likes