SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

He’s tripping

In this day and age everyone can sensationalize everything in a game to be a later of depth but the design gameplay mechanic is where the core is.

Capcom and Namco still know how to do decent gameplay mechanics. Arika is also doing great with gameplay mechanics.

What will REALLY drop your noodles is tekken 10 hit combos aren’t even full combos…

Now what say you?

Just because something starts with something doesn’t make the start somehow the entire thing.

I’ve never heard of anyone (except frosty) complaining about 2 hit autocombo chains in dbfz. Basically all the ire is for full autocombo launch combos, and sometimes the 3 hit autocorrect versions that you’ll probably never get hit by because good players rarely go 3 hits into autochains outside certain obvious characters.

They just really aren’t that special or something to make a big deal over.

tournament already started :coffee:

2 Likes

you’ve missed the entirety of twitter, ECs channel, pro interviews then?

It’s an autocombo.

Frost complains about Auto-Combos?

He literally explained why they’re important in DBFZ and a big part of the gameplay.
Now you went on to explain that these strings aren’t real Auto-combos and Tekken 10 Hit strings are autocombos now.

Just stop please, stop.

Can someone explain why it’s problematic that 2-3 hits of a 30-hit combo is LL(L) for some characters?

3 Likes

At least you get it

Afaik, the original discussion in this forum was about FULL autocombos, not 2 hit variants. Full autocombos not only don’t make it into pro play, they don’t play a big role even at intermediate play last I checked.

Pros complain about basically everything so, I’m not going to go there about what they’ve figured out to complain about this week.

Read a smash or Chris T or imstilldaddy rant. Pros complain about stupid shit all the time.

But yeah it would be news to me if they are now complaining about 2 hit autocombos BECAUSE of the autocombo property rather than some property specific to the chain itself like becoming unblockable or autocorrecting or being a rekka on wiff etc etc etc

And people say I can’t read.

auto combos vs regular combo’s sounds like traditional fighters vs smash convo

2 Likes

I didn’t expect my caustic jab at DBFZ to start an entire argument over the nature of autocombos.

CapcomFighters is on by the way:

2 Likes

Everyone has ADS! ADS ADS ADS!

3 Likes

I finally played ultra sf 2 on switch and really liked it. I did not play turbo in years, so that helped probably.

• game look awesome, pretty sure purists would not agree
  • sound is ok, announcer is awful
  • evil ruy is meh, strange that red fireball only has one hit when colliding
  • violent ken is awesome, dash is insane, srk voice sample is great, he sounds like a robot
  • no comeback mehanics is so refreshing
  • arcade mode is a lot better than the one in sfv
  • switch controller is not good for fg
1 Like

Rooting for Fuudo

I think SF4 looks timeless, I love the art design, same with SF5 and all the other – what’s it called again… SF :+1: :blush:

1 Like

Some SFIV models were pretty rough, but I still think the art style they were going for holds decently.

3 Likes

With ya bro’ :+1: :blush:

1 Like

I still think SFIVs semi-cartoony art style has aged really well. It went for aesthetics and personality over graphical fidelity, and I do think it paid off.

The facial expressions when the opponent activates an ultra, or the deformed jaws people get when they get DPed, are still details that stick with me.

6 Likes

AngryBird was already good enough to win a match.