SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

What time does CC start?

Yeah but none of those things are particularly strong once you know the game.

Autocombo abuse only bothered me for my first month or so of playing. After that, they are literally shit the way bad players use them and good players stay away from them and put you into forever long blockstrings that tend to not use autocombos because you blocked 1 jab.

Lol that’s why high level utilises it constantly. One of Bardocks best qualities is that his AC second hit ground pounds so he never has to adjust on the stray hit.

Neither of you play the game enough if you think ACs are prominent.

I haven’t played the game in months but I played it for awhile. When I’m talking autocombo I’m talking LLLL

Not LL… if you are talking about LL then you are barely talking about autocombos and are more talking about a special chain that has various properties over the manual 2 button.

I said they aren’t useful outside specific cases which is true, you don’t just mash L and get a full optimal combo you use them inbetween your manual strings.
And yes, I haven’t played the game much

I don’t know what the fuck Granblue is, but that trailer was sick. I’ll always support a new Arcsys game.
That little girl knight with the Napoleon complex looks pretty funny. Getting a Kliff Undersn/Bedman vibe off her gameplay wise which I like.

2 Likes

Starts at 1 PM EST/10 AM PST

3 Likes

What the hell is Grandblue?

Well game looks good, hope it doesn’t feel as heavy as GG.

He’s sick? Since when…? If Del isn’t performing, Capcom should have say something by now.

Granted this was in july, didn’t realize it was that long ago.

Time flies

You mash L twice, it has auto-combo properties(so I have no idea what kinda point Dime is trying to make above your post) and it leads to an optimal combo due to the leniency and auto-correct stuff that ACs have in the game.

They are prominent, they are important.

If you keep mashing L repeatedly it’s an unoptimal auto combo

If you’re only pressing L twice, that’s more like a target combo is it not?

I think the issue is more if you can just do full auto combos (L or M) and have it be more optimal than regular BnBs, which isn’t DBFZ’s issue.

2 Likes

If they didn’t have the auto combo properties that gave them their purpose in neutral/pressure I’d be inclined to agree

yeah they are in those cases, what I was saying is that “autocombos” as “mash L and let the game do the work for you” which seemed to be Miria’s concern are far from mandatory or better than manual combos

1 Like

I’m starting to wonder if ArcSys has the talent. Or rather whether or not they have enough talent to spread across all the projects they are taking on.

DBFZ has an army of fans, it looks really pretty, but the game itself is kind of eh… At times it feels like an attempt to simplify some abstract idea of what an Arc System Works fighter is, but at other times it feels like it indulges in some of the more questionable ideas of fighting games.

Granblue in theory looks pretty, but it also looks kind of generic anime bland. Stills and even bits of the action are fine, but nothing stands out with identity. (It doesn’t help that nearly everything in the trailer is a shade of blue. White, blues, some purple effects…) The game itself might be okay, but the tweet also says they are aiming for a simple to play game.

Kill la Kill, quite bluntly, so far looks like a modern third-rate licensed fighting game, both visually and in its seemingly shallow and boring gameplay.

2 Likes

Conflating LL with LLLLLLLLL

Is a bit disengenuous in my mind. There is a clear difference. Someone “mashing” LL is virtually no different than someone that simply does LM buffers, which is everyone. The autocorrect thing and the way more annoying “this combo comes out on wiff” thing is a feature specifically designed into the autocombo feature.

Any way it goes, just mashing LLLLLLLL all day is far from optimal and hard to deal with, and “mashing” LL is barely considerable an autocombo by the terms that most people would think of them. They really aren’t that big a problem and I played all kinds of variously skilled players that tried abusing the full LLLLLLLLLLL version.

Simple to play =/= shallow mash A into B into C

SF2 is simple to play, yet has massive depth.

??? they’re autocombos, doesn’t matter how deep you go into them

In tekken a lot of 10 hit combos start with LR. LR also happens to be a prime poke for a lot of characters. Does that mean that LR is a ten hit combo?

It’s an autocombo, sure, but when people complain about “scrubby autocombos that take no timing and autocorrect and rekka on wiff across half the screen” they generally aren’t talking about LL.

It’s a seriously pedantic stance to take to try and assert that autocombos rule the game. Seriously you are more talking about auto chains than full autocombos.

It’s like saying ryu rules the sf5 tier list because he’s the most picked character.

Since when are Tekken 10 Hit Combos Auto-Combos?

What heresy is this?

Auto-combos are literally press the same button over and over to get a full Combo.
Stylish in GG and BB. CTBs Smart Combos.
UNIs Rushs. P4A Autos.
These are Auto-combos.

Not press buttons in a specific order to get a Combo. You ain’t getting 10 hit Combos in Tekken by simplay hammering 1111111111, the whole time.