SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

I thought the same thing.

Surprise we aren’t getting Honda instead were getting his best bud…

Summary

It’s not the weabo many had been speculating. I like Hakkan too but I more into Sodom.

Yet not bad if he would be in.

Ain’t gonna lie i hope i dont see Hakan or Fuerte ever again.

EDIT : But i think Hakan has a higher chance then Fuerte,if one of them is to return.

2 Likes

CyGames has the money, ArcSys has the talent. Put two and two together and you can make some cool shit out of it, which is I guess by CG approached ASW to make a figher, which just happens to be the field ArcSys are experts in. It also starts to make more sense when you consider just how much CyGames wants to expand the franchise - they have a mobile game, an anime series, a fighting game (in development), an action game (in development), and apparently there’s even a Granblue JRPG in the works.

Besides, to my knowledge there aren’t really any anime franchises that Bandai has access/license to that need promotion via something like a fighting game - One Piece is steadily progressing and has an open-world title in development, Naruto has that Shinobi Striker game with CAC functionality, Dragon Ball is getting hyped up via DBFZ, Legends, Dokkan Battle and Xenoverse (and I don’t think FighterZ is getting any tie-in content for the Broly movie), JoJo has already kicked off Part 5 adaptation, MHA has the One’s Justice game, and so on.

Also, ArcSys have enough projects on the deck as is in addition to BBTAG, DBFZ, and now GBFVS. Remember, Ishiwatari left a hint at EVO that there’s something Guilty Gear related in the works, and Mori has recently confirmed there’s a new mainline BlazBlue game coming. And of course there’s the Kill la Kill crossover arena fighter which uses Team Red’s tech for the shading and stuff.

So, in total, ArcSys currently has

• Dragon Ball FighterZ (patches, possibly Season 2 DLC)
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 (part of the ArcSys World Tour)
  • BlazBlue Central Fiction (being ported over to Switch as Special Edition)
  • BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (patches, possibly Season 2 DLC and the 5th fate in 2019)
  • Granblue Fantasy Versus (shown today)
  • Kill la Kill The Game (publishing and tech assistance)
  • a new Guilty Gear
  • a new BlazBlue

That’s 8 games total they’re invovled with, be it directly or partially. Namco probably understands this and I’m sure FighterZ has proved to be enough of a success to make the higher-ups convinced enough that a relationship with the studio would be a healthy one and they can deliver real quality projects

ALSO PERSONA 5 ARENA NEVER FFS

2 Likes

1 Like

You misspelled Ehrgeiz :smirk:

2 Likes

Off-topic, but does anybody know when Del the Funky Homosapien will be performing on stage? I wanna hear “President of the World” live (on stream, hopefully)…?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

That game is gold.

And the forced 3v3 ai was so bad.

I want a Final Fantasy with KOF 2003 team mechanics and a Psychic Force or Senko no Ronde combat system. That can use assist based from Summons/Guardian Forces and Espers in the battlefield or can do something like MVC-i infinity storm.

PSX Ehrgeiz and same with Jojo had decent single player modes too.

He’s preforming? Last I heard he was really sick

Oh God no not hakan. I didn’t mind his play style but I hated his design. Deep down you know it’s gonna be Rufus lol.

1 Like

We all do, we all do.

1 Like

The reason you make it 3 bars isn’t to make it bad. It’s to make it so she doesn’t get to do it twice per round.

As good as the guy yesterday was, he isn’t nearly as cheap as Sako with it.

3 Likes

You missed the 2d part of my post

There was an Ehrgeiz arcade cabinet at my local Mindboggle arcade.

2 Likes

autocombos are the least of DBFZ’s problems and honestly I don’t really mind them, outside of some specific cases (and for casuals players ofc) they’re pretty much useless

You obviously don’t play the game if that’s what you think.

did they make autocombos more important after I stopped playing? (around Broly release)

They were important since release…they autocorrect on left/rights, some ACs auto balance the opponents height, they’re an auto-confirm buffer tool, they float differently during combos too and are a necessity for like 90% of BnBs.

yeah but you’re using things like JLL to abuse their properties which is different from simpling mashing L in order to perform an optimal combo which is probably what Phantom Mira was implying