SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

It’s a Gacha game. Apparently also quite a huge one, at least in JP. Not sure about its global presence.

It also has its own Anime series, CyGames (the devs behind it) have their own SFV team (with Daigo, Chris T etc), and there’s also an action game by Platinum in development for PS4, also based on Granblue

1 Like

How many characters can dump 400 damage on you if you V reversal their trigger? I mean insane set ups aside if it’s late in the match ( and it’s possibly your second trigger), you activate and I’m supposed to rush her down?

Honestly it’s not like people are asking for her to be destroyed, taking a few more hits or blocking a few more times to get the exact same insane trigger really isn’t a big ask.

1 Like

They also had a collaboration with Capcom at some point

4 Likes

Looks really nice, if the game is not autocombo garbage like DBFZ I’ll probably think about getting it.

1 Like

Menat trigger at 2 bars is definitely on the ridiculous list. Right along with Abagail vt1, Kolin vt2 and Ibuki vt2. There’s others that are also pretty crazy at 2 bars but i think we dont talk about them because those characters are mediocre or worse.

I fully expect to be complaining about cody vt2 this time next year after the rest of his tools get buffed up and current top tier are nerfed down.

Which is why i wish they would come up with some rules and stick to them when deciding if a vt is going to be 2 or 3 bars.

Yeah about that…

It’s probably gonna be HELLA casualized considering this is a collab to attract the existing gacha playerbase and get some new audience out of FG fans

Oh well, looks like I’ll save up some money then.

DBFZ really was a blight on the genre. Sooner or later this shit will inevitably spread to Street Fighter as well.

Is this twitter account accurate though?

1 Like

Yup i have seen that and posted that in another thread. I just never aware how big that gran blue is, they have also a collaboration with SNK also.

I thought it was just another popular japan mobile game. I’m not really interested on looking into their background. Anime cute girls isn’t my cup of tea.

I was just surprised why ARCSYS would do another anime fighter while having DBFZ in the mainstream?

and Why ARCSYS choose this franchise rather than another BANDAI franchise which are bigger and known to the west.

It’s like CYgames is the one that reachout with ARCSYS… I hope other franchise like Jojo would be ARCSYS-fied too. or SFZero(Retold).

Bad balancing imho. Here’s why:

Nerfing her 2 bar trigger to 3 does very little to her to affect her actual tier placement and strength. As it is right now she activates and wins (not actually but when she gets the hit, she wins) so a bit longer to get to 3 bars to win, doesn’t change too much. She will still beat the crap out of people and they will still complain.

As it is probably the biggest nerf she can really use is:

1. Nerf st.hp in some way without making it fucking terrible.
  2. Nerf recall, more than likely giving it some more recovery.

Simply giving her possibly a 3 bar while nerfing recall would probably do the trick but comes close to making her not great as she’d need to be played perfect, ala chun at that point.

A bit of a different thing such as remaking her by giving her all 3 of those nerfs and giving her certain buffs as well, might be the best overall look, but not likely to happen.

Personally if she were nerfed with all 3 of those things I’d like to see her get a bit more of a nod to upclose ability with her ex pull leaving the opponent closer, her divekick maybe getting a frame or 2 more block and hitstun, and her v skill having it’s range slightly increased for ease of comboing.

As it is right now, menat doesn’t feel rigged, to use (but definitely feels rigged to play against). Her AA is slow as dirt and nearly pre emptive (not quite, but it’s definitey on the slower side) she has very little combo ability outside of her v trigger, and her mainline pokes as good as they are, can be full combod on jump.

Make her orb pull minus 2, simple.

Basically Menat throws her heavy pokes with almost no risk,that’s a flawed design right there.Needs more recovery on that button,her dive kick things are also way to easily spaced.I would also remove her 3f st light,characters with that much screen control don’t need a 3 framer.

So Granblue is just a bunch of people with swords fighting each other?

I’m intrigued, I admit. Guess I’ll see how the game turns out.

What no

Out of all of the changes you could make to her that’s like the worst one

Seeing a ff tactics art style done by arcsys in a 2d fighter would be gdlk.

When’s my ff fighting game coming out :disappointed_relieved:

That’s why it needs to happen.

It needs to be the worst one, for her.

;D

What the hell kinda logic is that to have

Y’all need to stop being so biased against Menat, poor girl did nothing wrong

1 Like

What ever they change, I think they need to review the trigger system. It’s not fun or even interesting to watch each match come to that.

Even when the dude picked blanka I was sitting there like - " well if he gets the trigger maybe…"

2 Likes

Will-you-forgive-me

[spoiler]xD . . .[/spoiler]

Remind me of Battle Fantasia

2 Likes

Capcom please…

I just want a vs game or sf game that looks like this

6 Likes

Sure, if you start playing Menat now

1 Like

Menat V-Skill is extremely useful, probably making her VT 3 bars will make players to use Reflect more, that’s it. Her VT create reset situations avoiding the VTC nerf on hit, but she’s not the only one able to do so. Menat VT is annoying, but it’s less threatening than her st.hp never-ending poking with close to zero way to punish.