SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

Coolkid being scared to do the double hp combo…

Cant be leaving damage left on the table like that son.

Meanwhile Snake Eyez

I just tuned in, did Toi win?

1 Like

Everybody getting hype for gouken not knowing Capcom is fixing to give y’all evil ryu or violent Ken and you’ll like it lol.

Tbh if they add Evil Ryu, there is a higher chance for Gouken to be added as well, as their stories are tied.

1 Like

Logically speaking (and personal biases aside), which character packs enough punch to make waves and headlines if they were revealed?

Most of the big names are already in the game. I think Evil Ryu is probably the only one that has massive outreach potential, but I really hope we never see him again occupying a character slot.

Evil Ryu’s story is over.

Gouken needs to come back so that Akuma finishes him (to set up the final battle between Akuma and Ryu).

Gouken isn’t an appetizer, buddy boy… He’s the master of karate with a killing intent without the killing but with resilience against such followers.

3 Likes

I can’t really think of one character that would really get as big of a reaction as evil ryu. To be fair it wouldn’t be all positive waves. It’s hard to put bias aside for me because I’d say maybe Dudley for the 3s nostalgia factor and the smug fans. I really can’t think of one character that I see the majority of fans both casual and the rest asking for tho.

I don’t think anyone actually gives a shit about evil ryu, nor would he get a big reaction at all. He certainly wouldn’t get a bigger reaction than rose or viper people who have been pined for for years now.

Who is the person out there, who actually wants Evil Ryu more than anything? I don’t know that person.

4 Likes

That’s all fine and dandy, but the story is likely going to move in this direction. Gouken nullifies SGS and beats Akuma in SF4, Akuma goes darker and masters new techniques to come back and beat Gouken in SF5/6. This time he will likely kill him because Akuma will be Pre-Oni (i.e. Very very evil) by then. The perfect set up for the final climactic battle - between Oni and Ryu Final.

Oni is and will stay non-canon.

4 Likes

So what’s stopping Gouken for becoming stronger as well ?

It’s not just Akuma who evolves you know…

1 Like

According to Rose’s win quote to Oni, it can be presumed that he was meant to show up at a later time, but not during the present day. This gives the implication that Akuma becoming Oni is not a ‘what-if’ possibility, but Akuma’s fate.

DONT @ ME ONI IS REAL

WAIT FOR IT EDIT: IN STREET FIGHTER 8

Not entirely true. SF4 Oni as a character is non-canon/what-if, yes.

But Akuma has already begun transitioning into Oni as evidenced by his appearance in SF5, his story costume, and his moveset. It will take a few more years, but inevitably he will become Oni and lose himself to the SNH as foretold by Goutetsu and Gouken.

1 Like

But… has Akuma ever managed to actually kill anyone in the series so far?
I don’t think so.
I bet Gotetsu died from old age during their fight. Maybe he isn’t even dead as well.

Akuma couldn’t even kill an old man with terminal cancer.

3 Likes

I would like to also note that it’s a high possibility that Akuma will not change at all and turn good. My Evidence? Elana and Akuma spent a couple of weeks on his Island and did some things.

Why do you think Akuma is all friendly didily with Ryu in SFV now? Elena put that thang on him in SF4.

2 Likes

Final form

9 Likes

There are things Akuma is willing to do that will greatly accelerate his evolution and power, at the expense of his own life. Akuma can grow in power exponentially faster than Gouken can. Gouken won’t be able to catch up as fast.

In the modern canon, Akuma has killed Gen in SF5, and Goutetsu. He also defeated Gouken once before but Gouken fell down a ravine and survived.