SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

Nothing confirmed for Season 4, PogChamp

7 Likes

because Doc.

It’s about to change.

yo am I blind or are they recording in native 30fps?

I’m waiting for the Season 4 character reveals of Pepsiman, Colonel Sanders, a Totino’s Pizza Roll, and Negan from The Walking Dead.

Actually, I seriously wouldn’t mind Pepsiman.

Hey guys. I made a thingy.

Go read that shit, and enjoy the Capcom Cup weekend.

LCQ has already begun so make sure to tune into CapcomFighters

5 Likes

They’re actually playing with ads enabled, I can’t believe it…

Isn’t an event like that a huge part of the reason they even added them in the first place?

3 Likes

…but why run Capcom Cup ads during Capcom Cup?

Oh, wait, they are allowed to change costumes though so it’s probably just the stage ads that need to be shown. Which of course come bundled with costume ads during the loading screen. What a coincidence.

Gotta know where you’re at!

5 Likes

Fortunately they’re not using the awful ad-costumes (except that Akuma guy for one game for some reason), so you only have to deal with the loading time ads.

Still retarded, should have just been disabled.

I really don’t think this is a good idea. I’ve taken a bit of a break from SFV to play MKX but when I boot it back up, the first thing I’m doing is disabling the ads. Not only because I think they’re ugly and tacky but because I don’t want to support this feature in a game I paid full price for (as well as hundreds extra in DLC).

Using this mod, will show as the ad content is enabled and inflate Capcom’s stats, possibly making them (and other companies) think this is okay for the future… All for pennies a match.

Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the long-term consequences.

5 Likes

I’m not using the mod or the ads anyway. No way i’ll put that garbage on Juri.

8 Likes

As someone who likes Street Fighter mostly for the character designs those ads are a literal eye rape.

13 Likes

Facts. I can’t imagine being one of the artists who created iconic characters like Akuma and living to see Capcom replace the signature kanji on his back…with an advertisement.

5 Likes

Juri nation is doing work.

how exactly are these ads helping capcom though? its not like youtube ads where each person who views it gets you paid

I get the feeling these are placeholders till they get sponsors.

4 Likes

Ofc they are.

1 Like

They should extend sponsorship to political parties and the like, I want to see Donald Trump’s face on Akuma’s back for the 2020 elections.

:slightly_smiling_face:

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

So those Versace mods I made for Poison during the SF4 days will finally happen. Capcom needs to pay me for stealing my ideas!

1 Like