SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

And even then, wasn’t Ed nerfed in Season 3 or 3.5?

Capcom is so unpredictable when it comes to balancing.

2 Likes

Ed isn’t a waifu that got plenty of costumes in the season he was released.

3 Likes

let me tell you the tale of Juri Han

2 Likes

She’s been getting buffs each season, I think she’s in a pretty good spot as of Season 3, and she might get even better.

Of how she is being forced to expurgate her SF4 sins? :stuck_out_tongue:

Juri kinda got the same treatment she got in SF4, small changes every season / patch.

In USF4 she eventually turned out to be quite good,similar things are happening.

We shall see.She takes work to win compared to most characters, that’s why most casual players view her as “bad”.

EDIT : band aid fix, but just give her more damage. Juri with stores needs to hurt a lot more then she does.

1 Like

tfw I can’t watch Capcup cuz work.
Normally I can wiggle my way out, but responsibilities and crunch time etc.

Oh well, since I can’t watch it here’s hoping top 8 is all Cammy and Guile and S4 will be playable again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it isnt on today, just LCQ

TBF Vega has been a character they’ve been afraid to make stronger since the beginning. He’s like Zeku where his 2 stances puts Capcom in a conundrum where they have to be careful of making one side of the character too powerful.

Craziest thing Falke has is a super long heavy that goes into full combos and an air fireball that can be shot at a trajectory that most other characters can’t attack from. She really only has more things to get really. Her shots and PP are her only real special moves. KK is basically just combo filler or a random move to push slower characters back towards the corner.

Vega unfortunately fell into the S1 balancing wood chipper where they chopped up anyone that was decent that wasn’t Cammy. Plus the system changes gave vicarious buffs to more offensive characters like Ibuki and Laura.

2 Likes

Problem is that initial inception Juri was a full character, SFV Juri is like 40% of a working archetype.

1 Like

Yeah I know, don’t have time for either.

Did the sponsored content update break the game for anyone else?

Every time I log in I get the message:

“Sponsored content has been updated. The game will restart to apply the changes.”

The game restarts, then the message pops up again, then the game restarts, the message pops up again, and so on, forever.

Are they not streaming lcq?

It starts at 1 pm on Capcom Fighters.

1 Like
2 Likes

If you are running on PC, open explorer, paste in %localappdata%\StreetFighterV\Saved\download on the path bar.
If there is a replacement folder in there, try to delete the file assets.pak that is inside it.
That should force the game to download it again when you open it.

Alternatively, download the proper assets.pak file from here and paste it in the %localappdata%\StreetFighterV\Saved\download\replacement folder, overwriting the broken one.

2 Likes

^This 100%

Falke looks in a good spot to me entering S4, with a good fine tuning she can be good enough to convince people to give her a chance. Justin was honest about her since day one, him and whoever believed in the character ignoring Twitter monsters advices, deserve all the best.

Yeah, I think some will try to jump onto the next supposed TT, but would be hilarious how many will give Falke a try after throwing shit at her all year long without testing her first this year.

You’re one of those who deserves mad buffs, I don’t recall many top tier users giving a low tier a try. I’m glad you’re enjoying your waifu, shit gonna be even better next year.

1 Like

When I was playing Cammy back when I was in Platinum I was always thinking that I would have probably preferred a more defensive character to play lamer, but I never thought of switching because no other character really enticed me enough and Cammy was versatile enough that you could also play kinda defensive with her sometimes.

When Falke came out I instantly liked her gameplan and I played her side to side with Cammy for a long time, I only really switched when I found myself stuck at Super Platinum and decided to use Falke instead out of frustration. I got a 9 winstreak or something with her and I came to the conclusion that, regardless of how strong the characters are on paper, Falke was obviously working better for me and I was able to work well with her toolset.

The only other character that I might seriously consider switching to is Menat, because she’s a very good lame character too, but she’s a lot harder to use and, honestly, I just like Falke and Cammy designs more compared to Menat. Menat is too girly and I like military chicks.

By the way, the place they’re doing CapCup this year looks very cool: https://twitter.com/corybellFGC/status/1073626338936778752

1 Like

LCQ

3 Likes

Changed the profile pic to nothing but a blank background…

4 Likes