SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

That mixup actually isn’t very good due to crossup protection, and if you do like you did and leave a space, there are many things that go wrong. Basically, that mixup loses to most defensive options, and it tend to come at an obvious time.

You are probably better off instead setting up for command grab or crossup jM or jH.

If you are already too late in the block string to set that up, use the light Dive (it is a blockstring) and call the assist at the tail end of the recovery and go for IAD stuff.

Not gonna say that what you did doesn’t work, but you will be disappointed in how often it doesn’t, and the returns aren’t going to be great.

Also, with 21 if it won’t kill, end with air Dragon Rush or lvl3. That way she gets oki. Her lvl3 oki is pretty damn good too.

The anime in me is weak it seems

Nah it’s good. When the game was new I thought that mixup was hot… then I got punched in the face a bunch.

It ain’t bad, but probably better filed in the “once in a while” camp, rather than the core of you offense.

21 is generally just pretty good jumping around and pushing M. If you don’t want to be anime.

She can actually confirm off jM easily as jM>H>2H works for her even midscreen.

I just liked that 21 seemed like the one character with actual buttons

Although, I dunno how grounded you can force people to be to actually take advantage of that 3M of her’s

Trunks I just picked 'cause Sword and I had Yamcha as well before (just messed with Videl 'cause similar application assist with that particular mix-up and she’s new)

I have no idea how Twitter works i only use it when people post shit from there here.

I don’t even remember when posted the tweet just that is was some Ibuki setups (i think for vt1) the guy never used.

I tend not to use 3M very much, it’s fun at round start (3M>S>Vanish) but the game is super airborne so… yeah, full screen low not so big a deal.

There are actually a lot of characters with really good buttons. As one example, AGohan entire plan is “my buttons are better than yours”.

21 is a solid character with a few glaring weaknesses that force some more rigid than expected team composition.

I think that’s also one thing that annoyed me, any character I wanted to try didn’t seem like they worked well together (especially when trying to make Beerus work)

I have no idea if my team even works I just picked the only characters in the game I like XP

I had the same issue with Marvel 3 as well…I had characters I liked but they never had any synergy.

2v2 always works better for me

Did someone say big buttons?

kg602_00

At a glance you have videl and trunks filling the same role. You kind of have 3 point characters.

Trunks assist has some cool properties with its limited wall bounce and super tiny guardstun… but videl is a much better character.

I think you can make 21 work with one of the two, but you need a real assist in the 3rd spot. I tend to run Goku a lot as anchor because his beam is super good, and he’s solid with spark as an anchor.

I like big buttons

I don’t like 9-1 match-ups

Auto-correct is not your friend it seems

Goku Black is the other one I thought about to swap out Trunks, but outside of his assist I didn’t like how he felt

Nine is a good choice for multiple reasons.

Especially if you want big buttons that have no hurtbox and chain into each other, into conversion into auto-mixup.
Nine is cheap, easy and effective.

So why is it I don’t enjoy her?
She even stomps on your in her C Super.

Same, but I am addicted to the beam, so I run super Goku instead.

I’ve been swapping Goku for Jiren recently as his assist is pretty similiar in utility.

@Pertho will love this swag shit.

9 Likes

I only knew like one of those.

GuyofWar puts out cool stuff. Stole hella stuff form his vt1 vids. Imagine if the forums were active and he was an active poster. :sob:

Need to go clean up that subsection. Have the PS4 hooked up so I can double check stuff to make sure info is accurate. Need to find the rest of the tech but its hidden in dirty discords. Oh wells.

1 Like

EX Bushin to hard counter EX devils reverse is fantastic.

That will straight into the pile of things I forget when Bison does EX reverse.

1 Like

eh, I wouldn’t rely on that. Its only a counter in certain situations.

Honestly that part is poorly tested. OTOH, if you have an akuma pressuring with his Vt1 on double air fireballs, you can do EX flip to through the fireballs and punish it. Teach them youngins whats good.

Same here, I knew only the Aegis one tbh. GuyOfWar puts a lot of stuff in his yt channel, I’ve learned a lot from his videos. I’ve entered the SRK family because I needed more knowledge to improve my Makoto years ago, unbelievable how the subforums are ghost town now.

Edit: the Devil Reverse EX counter with EX Flip deserve to be labbed without a tomorrow, that’s genius. Never had issues against Nash VT1, but I found hilarious how easily can be beaten in both forms.

I wonder if it even needs to be EX?

Perth is said it’s inconsistent though.

The issue with that answer is that it ignores how much control the bison player has over it. Sure, if you do exactly what he did in that situation it’ll work out, but you won’t necessarily find yourself in the position to do that.

The light DP thing works with Vega’s walldive btw. You get lk dp, hk dp as a punish.

2 Likes

Most bisons seem to want to steer the reverse behind you (before hitting in front) to generally fuck things up. At a glance it looks like it would work against the most common EX reverse?

Or is that not correct.