SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

Yeah, but being able to do something on a modern console and put out an annotated video clip of it within minutes is pretty damn useful though.

Maybe someone needs to write a shim so that you can @ a forum thread from a tweet and have the tweet automatically incorporate as a forum post.

That would be cool, but really I think the problem is twitter itself. It’s not set up for, nor intended to be a repository of data.

My personal opinion is, twitters death would be a net boon for civilization.

1 Like

But then how would we know about our Core Values

Something has always been filling the same niche as Twitter though since almost the internet’s beginning.

Twitter is just a better love child of a BBS and IRC. Which is infinitely better than the walled garden chat shithole that is Discord.

1 Like

Yeah i hate using Twitter and Discord, but I feel like those are the only places I can find info.

I should get the Vega sub-forum some stuff but time is scare these days.

I agree to some extent. My issue is that twitter actively forces all content to its most basic, low, “bottom of the barrel ™” form.

Take this forum thread for example. There is a lot of low brow, wasted space and time (which is fun, not hating), but the format in no way restricts the level of discourse.

Yeah, but that’s why we stick around. Right tool for the job.

Can’t shit on Twitter for being a better way to disseminate info quickly though.

@Frost @DevilJin_01 @Highlandfireball Tear my gameplay to shreds plz

2 Likes

Do we still have character sub-forums? I’m on mobile and I see plenty of general character threads but that’s it.

at the moment there are just threads, subforum is requested but he at that point didnt know how to do one so it might come…or not.

and about the twitter thing, its actually easyer to find there stuff later on then when you guys post tech in this sf general which gets closed every 2 month or so for a new one. you care about stuff being preserved, use the fucking sub threads for tech!

1 Like

The trickiest thing the change to discourse has been the psychology behind subforums. Never quite understood how important clicking into somewhere as opposed to a forum doing a sort by topic. They’re sort of functioning the same way ultimate as far as sorting information goes, but you no longer have the aspect of going somewhere.

Really small thing that kind of has a pretty big ripple effect. I’m glad SRK is still alive and all but I can’t help but wonder what would’ve happened if upper management had actually taken user feedback before jumping on this one. Not gonna lie, I kind of pushed into it just to keep this place afloat. But maybe waiting like, 2-3 more days and looking at other software would’ve yielded something a bit more homely.

we wouldnt be here using discourse. i am pretty sure that the majority of people here dont like it and would prefer a normal forum. at least the spirit of it continues on in the srk2 forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice replays.

That Ed player seems kinda trash, but the Kolin player. That person plays like he is an extremely attractive human being.

That’s 'cause the Kolin player wasn’t Twinblades :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

melee sucks

honda rules

1 Like

It’s funny.

In many other games I play, I typically have a reputation for playing a bit like a psycho, but I can’t make that work in SF games for whatever reason.

Makes it doubly funny in SFV’s case 'cause playing like a psycho has never been better

Well when I get some free time I’m gonna make a new Vega general thread. I’ll just reserve the first few posts for tech and stuff.

1 Like

There’s a range where you tried like 8 different buttons to find something to interact with but the right one: st.mk. sure its one of those buttons that doesnt cancel into anything fancy lime youngins like. But its a 7 frame, +2 on block button that lets you push people back while maintaing frame advantage.

Considering Kolin is gonna try and st.hp from that distance then st.mk, st.hp (delayed) is likely to whiff punish the attempts at counterpoking you.

Would need to watch a bit more for some other stuff, but that was a pretty glaring one right off the bat.

That what people keep saying, but it just doesn’t work for me…

Typically when learning a game I try to build a stable base-line and work from there. I still don’t think I have that baseline yet in this game.