SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

Uh huh. I can school shitty dhalsims in ST with my basic bitch ryu. Doesn’t mean much when they only know how to throw limbs and uppercut beats all limbs for free…

Korea vs Japan 10v10 T7 set going on now.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I watched the whole thing from the start. Korea getting wrecked like crazy.

Can Jeondding save Korea? lol

Melee got plenty of other big tourneys outside of Evo. It’s not like it’s a dying game that needs Evo to breathe. Crybabies. Only one party game allowed.

4 Likes

Oh and another “highlight” from that thread

Fuck the Melee community.

5 Likes

Funny seeing certain Melee players go on and on about how much they “don’t need EVO” and yet still act like MrWiz shitted in their cereal. How dare he put in other games over Melee! Move on already.

9 Likes

Melee players are often just elitist shitbags

While I’m grateful that it led to Smash 4 and now Ultimate being at EVO, those Melee pricks didn’t deserve it at all, not with the kind of attitude they have. Hopefully Ultimate doesn’t fall down the same path

5 Likes

Melee has developed a complex.

If they don’t need Evo… why is it such a big deal that you are not in?

shrug. No one will probably even remember all of this in a month.

1 Like

Capcom already stated Birdie was put in the game to be the UK rep. He was to be the only one until they yanked Decapre from the base roster due to her SFIV reveal backlash and replaced her with Cammy.

2 Likes

Melee didn’t need evo before ultimate, but being at evo helped. Ultimate is out and everyone likes it and its at evo and melee isn’t.

That hurts it, maybe not breaks it…but it hurts it and it might cause a slow move over to ultimate if ultimate keeps up the pace.

Just look at Unist, you have top players that are playing it now JUST because its at evo this year that haven’t given it a try in all the time its been out. Haven’t even tried a unist character in BBtag…

That goes to show you what the power of being a main game on the evo stage has, especially when you start taking other games spots.

4 Likes

same would happen when they would remove sfv. lets be real, it brought in numbers and people and still got canned for titles which most likely will not do the same. i can understand theire frustration but at the end it was a unique situation anyway with having such a old title there while a new ones exist. no more crt´s will help in term of management for sure from the evo side.

1 Like

For anyone that’s bored. Super OG VF player from the 90s playing VF2 ranked.

3 Likes

So when people post tech on twitter is it just gone into the void after a few days?

I hate twitter in general.

But I hate people posting tech and similiar on Twitter. If you ever want to look anything up it’s like trying to find the scraps of a ripped piece of paper in a tornado, and then reassembling them still within said tornado.

4 Likes

S’why I also post it on here.

Been thinking about making a video of random Ed stuff to better archive things though, but it’s easier to be lazy and just post a 10 second vid on twitter :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dont have the kermitSippingTea.png on me but I’ve been telling people in this thread how smash isnt really FGC for a while now. I’ve explained multiple times how Smash doesnt even try to be FGC and it shows with how they hold tournaments.

But so the silliness continues.

3 Likes

Twitter is crazy convenient for posting quick tech videos and tagging relevant players though. You can find tons of tech just by knowing the correct hashtags to search for.

In an ideal world though people should for sure though be posting those tweets to a relevant forum thread somewhere for archiving.

1 Like

Funny thing about Virtua Fighter 2: I had the Genesis port. With the obvious technical limitations, it ended up being a straight up 2D fighter. One that I had a lot of fun with despite my initial surprise. I was actually surprised to see it on Genesis.

Now when I played the Vs games on PS1 for the first time, I was hella salty.

2 Likes

That’s the problem, Twitter is super convenient for anyone to just fart out (and I mean the literally in many cases) whatever random thing pops into their head. But it is awful as a useful database.

I realize I’m yelling at a cloud here (pun intended), but still… harrumph

3 Likes