SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

She can go choke on a rock. Literally the reason why I stopped playing that shit ass game. There wasn’t anything actually fun about playing against her.

I think along with SF4, and to a lesser extent MK9 for its single player content. Those 3 games redefined this generation of fighting games.

1 Like

I see you fam. Let’s rile up Pertho

4 Likes

Don’t worry, no one can deal with a Murakumo without a lot of game experience.
They eat you raw and are very good at abusing mistakes and their entire kit is based around making you do mistakes.
Lambda can even rush you down if she desires and her Corner Oki is Top Notch. Like you’re cornerd once and you won’t get out.

1 Like

SF4 was popular, and deserves credit for reviving the modern FGC… but best game? That’s a tougher sell.

Same with MK9. I love that game, but I couldn’t tell you with a straight face it was a “best” fighting game.

KI3 though, that is the real deal.

1 Like

blaz seems like it should be the next game to get shine. I really love that series.

1 Like

I was trying to do it with Arakune’s floaty ass.

Fucking struggle.

mjcry

1 Like

That’s what cracked me up about ct. The best characters basically had the best zoning, best mixups, and some of the most damaging combos to go along with it lol. And I’m over here playing bang :expressionless:

1 Like

If we are taking CT Nu especially. You needed an immense amount of knowledge and experience to beat even crappy Nu players. But once you had that, the bad ones were no problem.

You still definitely had to fear the good ones.

Pertho, you literally fought his worst MUs.

Was reading through the other day and thought of a radical V-System change: what if you could use your V-Trigger without filling up the whole bar? And simultaneously, what if cancelling into V-Trigger came with a more significant cost?

It seems like, with the V-system, some characters either have problems building up what would be a decent move in their repertoire due to an unwieldy/faulty V-Skill (Nash, Sakura, Chun-Li, Vega) or that it simply takes too long to fill up (Ed, Sagat VT1). At the same time, an issue persists with some characters where cancelling into a Trigger that lasts a long time (Bison, Menat, Birdie, Abigail to an extent) can make it so once they get the Trigger it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion they will do a big move into the cancel to get frames for a mixup or great situation.

My proposal would be that, like Ultras in SFIV, you could still use your V-Trigger even if you only got a bar, but it would be a weakened version IE install V-Triggers have half the length of time, single hitting ones have less hits/less damage, etc. You also cannot cancel into them on block unless you have a full bar, but cancelling into them “uses” a bar of V-meter too. Bison cancelling his flame special into V-Trigger, as an example, would give him reduced time on the bar but he could still steal momentum and a ton of damage at the same time.

Obviously this would be a big balancing act, because it would break some things. I imagine Rashid and Guile, as examples, would have the potential to just outrageously abuse this so making it so you get less V-meter for getting hit would be crucial. And there might even be some special cases like Necalli, who has a permanent upgrade and thus may not be able to use a 1 bar variant. V-reversals would probably have to be a bit better to be worth the cost, too. But I think it’s a slightly better band-aid solution to disproportionate V-system use than, say, changing how long the bar is. Idk, thinking out loud.

And that’s the only person I had to play with.

Didn’t even really have 6C loops either.

mjcry

Hey. Bang, weirdly enough, beat Nu.

I had a friend who played bang, and blowing up Nu players was his favorite thing ever.

I wouldn’t say beat, but yea it wasnt a terrible match up

Did he play Cavalier Pong with you though?
Fatal Cavalier basically combos 8 times into itself and you bounce in the meantime from left to right in the stage.

And what half decente Lambda can’t do Cavalier Loops? (they start with 6C)

1 Like

Ugh fuck BB CT, holy shit fuck that game.

No, it was 6-4 in bangs favor by most counts. He legit won that matchup.

Bang was still bad in CT though, he just had that one fun bright spot.

Whoa Jade looks like Rosario dawson and Zoe Saldana mixed together

4 Likes

basically. I didn’t really know how to use Arakune properly either. Couldn’t 6C, didn’t really understand his gameplan. He was just a cool looking blob thing.

Have the PS4 hooked up. Might mess around with some of the trials after my wife gets out of work. Sneaking in a post or two while taking care of the baby girl.

We’re gonna clean the house now. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

CT Nu was just fun. I didn’t know she was that much of a top tier at the time, but just hitting that AA 2C into her j.C combos was great.

Calamity Sword was a great super too. Just get hit for a full combo off a reversal super.