SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

Thank you, and a follow up question.

What is to discourage the Nash player not to just keep throwing the booms? This is where I was getting stuck, I could stand outside the dash sweet spot, but outside of avoiding free pressure, it didn’t generate any offense for me. I either wound up having to walk into said sweet spot, jumping, or doing something very YOLO.

Or am I misunderstanding something in your explanation.

I know know the top players left Ryu and never looked back, but I’m surprised that in this late stage of the game’s maturity we don’t see a lot more highlights of Ryu stealing momentum back with fancy parries.

I was asleep the first time this meme poped up.

This is BS though, without characters I wouldn’t play a FG.
I need characters I like to enjoy games.

I want the next CPT champ to request the new “costume” to just be visible hit and hurt boxes replacing the entire character model.

#FightingGamePurist

2 Likes

Damn Makoto players onb suicide watch after that

1 Like

I just wanna say I called Honda several threads ago.

Am I a leaker now?

4 Likes

I’m mad

More credible than Xkira at least.

5 Likes

Is Honda the tease though, or is it just trolling?

Shit, if you look closely DeeJay might be the tease. And what even is that thing on the left?

Hit buttons. It’s of course more complicated than that but if you are in his fact attacking then throwing them is risky.

At fullscreen I’m not sure what to tell you. Though I will say characters like Cammy and Ibuki with forward moving EX specials that are projectile invincible he pretty much cannot throw any as soon as they get a bar. It’s one reason he struggles against Laura.

Nah, Honda is the only WW left, so his inclusion is expected. He’s a male, dunno Honda in SFV doesn’t exclude Makoto, the only problem I have with Honda is his hype level, very low for most. I mean, I don’t expect people at FR going nuts for Mr. Sumo, especially after a 3 months wait, so probably he will not come alone.

Call me Ve-Kira.

6 Likes

… I don’t play many of those.

In hindsight (I was using Zeku), I could have tried just spacing him out with heavy Koke more, as I can react to the boom and maybe tag him. Or EX Bushin flip. I don’t have a great feel for the flip yet, so I tend not to use it.

don’t hate me

Makoto > Honda IMHO

7 Likes

Seriously,how much time do people spend in this game ?

I’m facing people with 270K + LP.

I mean fuck, even if you win all games it would take forever to grind that amount of points.

I guess it’s only a right of passage that the last World Warrior makes this season. Might as well finish it off.

@Evil_Canadian T.Hawk is coming this season too.

2 Likes

90% of the playerbase feel the same, the rest are Honda users. They will be in SFV together, but I’m curious about how much they’ve changed him, SF4 Honda was salt inducing online.

1 Like

Tbh it sucks to get your main character back towards the end of the game’s life,SFV has some life left but it’s running out of coal. Being “forced” to play some other for so long must feel like shit.

Still ok if some fan favorites make it in though.

We are getting two characters. This is the FGC standard now.

E.Honda and Makoto at FR screencap this

2 Likes