SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

Suit nº15, nightclub bouncer style.

I always pick the grid I ain’t ashamed of it either…

Give a Fuck about no colorful backgrounds… I’m here to play the game.

1 Like

Where’s that FGC dream game meme, no characters, only stick figures, no backgrounds, no music.

Sound like a Sagat player to me. Probably didnt even buy his new costume

2 Likes

You boring ass nigga. I use all the outfits hahahahah Capcom stays getting my rent money!!!

This will never not be relevant

5 Likes

It’s the dress I don’t like

And somehow the female character is still too scantily clad.

…wait what

3 Likes

Just like a Nash player.

VReversaled out of having to answer the question.

5 Likes

Bored at lunch, decided to see if I could produce something funny.

Turned out better than I expected:

OH NO NO NO NOOOOOO GOD NOOOOOOO PLEASE NOOOOOOO NOOOO KEEP HIM OUT PLEASE GOD NO!!!

2 Likes

I like Honda, if you uh…make him look a bit less like IV.

1 Like

Spend too much money on this game then I’d like to admit.

1 Like

As long as it isn’t ST Honda, it will be fine.

Honda is kinda hype.

Got a feeling his triggers would be busted.

And Twin don’t want him in? Let’s go Ono!

Ok I’m back home.

Do you have to hold heavy booms once they are out? Yes, but that isn’t as bad as it sounds. Nash can only cover lots of ground quickly with his forward dash, so you can easily manipulate your spacing against him and his booms.

For example, lets say a stage is 2 miles long. But as far as gaining momentum, Nash can only approach in 18(?) frame, half mile increments. So say you position your self at 3/4 miles, you set it up so that to get some offense he has to risk another 18 frame half mile dash to close what is only a 1/4 mile gap. If he dashes in he either loses lots of plus frames and may even be minus depending on when the boom hits you and how fast he dashes. Of course he can walk but his walk his quite slow.

But just like Guile, the danger(and a good portion of his damage) comes when people try to “deal with” his booms when they are already out by retaliation fb, jump over, etc. He can’t get real offense at that 1/4 mile difference i mentioned before but he can definitely punish a poor attempt to avoid/destroy them. But bottom line you want to be closer or farther than that half mile range and more often than not just block them.

In a similar vein all his meterless fireballs are minus if blocked up close. EX is i think +2. Speaking of, all of his fireballs are one hit durability. He can put two on screen at a time with EX, but he has no multiple hit fb. Doesn’t help Kolin much any character that can put multi-hit fireballs on screen will make him struggle.

But back to the heavy boom specifically, the best way to deal with it is to stuff it at start-up (22f). Even if you can’t stuff it reliably just being near him makes it dangerous for him to even throw them out and the the other two faster versions are not nearly as good, having longer recovery and more total frames in general.

At this range is where he will probably prioritize his buttons, which are actually pretty decent all things considered. But there you can start taking advantage of his poor walkspeed to manipulate the spacing in your favor. As far as shuffling back and forth in front of him goes his c.mk leads to nothing without VTC but his sweep is pretty decent. It’s -1000 like most sweeps but if it’s properly spaced it can be a difficult punish for some characters.

Last thing of course but his active defense is quite poor. No 3f, no reversal besides CA which is pretty slow at 10f startup, poor walkspeed. His VR is pretty good but off course can be baited and grabbed.

I’ll post more if i think of anything.

Edit: I’ve gotten you and someone else here with this setup so just fyi: be careful trying to late tech his CA oki since a as far as I can tell f.mk beats that and will CH your throw. Should lose to 3/4f options but he does get a real meaty after CA with other buttons.

3 Likes

I don’t particularly care for Honda in general. Not a fan, but I wouldn’t be mad if he was in.

I think Honda earned his SF5 remake after nearly 30 years more than most. Bring him into the fold I say.

Also that mouse pad is perfect!

For March lol…

3 Likes

The GOATs Tekken and Soul Calibur going strong!!

Extremely impressed by SC turnout.

3 Likes