SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

The point is patching more than a year or longer isn’t good for the longevity of a fighting game… it probably will never will be.

And patching games/characters after 3 or so months is enough to kill someones joy of the game completely.

Is dragon ball fighterz more balanced than it was at launch? Yes

Does dragon ball fighterz have the same player base as it had at launch? No

No one expects them to hold those numbers but a lot of players have expressed that they didn’t like that there character got nerfed in turn which usually nerfs a whole teams synergy which in turns usually means time to learn or find a whole new team.

Patching tag games is something I think that really shouldn’t happen outside of major updates.

So they should have let A Gohan, 16, cell and bardock rock the whole year?

Sorry, but this standard of never nerf really doesn’t make any sense. Nerfs are important, and if anything they have been done with an extremely light touch if DBFZ. Did you know they have tried to nerf bardock 3 times unsuccessfully because of how light a touch they have been using?

If you think DBFZ patching has ruined your enjoyment of a game, then I’m sorry, but you have really thin skin.

4 Likes

What? MarvelCapcom vs style game with no Magneto, Storm, or Spiderman?

Nobody wants that shit. Like Jin said that ain’t crack

2 Likes

This is one awesome initiative by Sherry.

10 Likes

Pretty sure DBFZ numbers are down because of the EVOJP fiasco.

Also y’all are full of shit. The patches that game got were mostly big fixes. Old ass men yelling bout their lawns.

And people just burning out on the game.

Despite my personal opinion, a quick poll of this board shows people not as enthused as they were a year ago. That almost certainly applies to the population as a wholesome some level.

and I thought they were free :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Kolin vt2 is definitely retard tier.

1 Like

This is why I don’t like it.

I’m too smart!

:slight_smile:

what can be done about Bison’s VT1?

Block and take the grab. :joy:

1 Like

Not as thin as yours for needing patches so soon.

I didn’t say that?

DBFZ’s issue isn’t its one significant balance patch, it’s the fact that you’re only going to see so many types of situations in the game and those situations have reached a pretty stable degree of being solved.

Happens to every game eventually, DBFZ just got there a little quicker than most.

2 Likes

I handle Bison like this: Push his shit in and get the life lead. Then if I can’t stop him from popping trigger I can atleast hold out till trigger is gone and go back to stomping his ass.

You can’t be passive against that fucker unless you chuck good plasma.

Or they could have just nerfed them
Or they could have just buffed others/things

Or they could have let it rock, is the game THAT much better than it was start of last year? I ask because it seems like the instead of the same 4 characters we now see the same 8 characters.

Nerfs have never been important until patches became “important”, for a long time a game was what it was until a new version of the game came out.

Now people chase this imaginary goal post of balance and they don’t even know what that is or if they really want it. If balance means sacrificing fun factor is that ok? If sacrificing diversity is better for balance is that ok?

People where having a fun with dbfz even with the cell/gohan train being run on them, then the patch came and no one was really pleased even though things got better over all. “This is just a small patch we’ll get a bigger one soon” and now its about to be season 2 and people still want characters buffed/nerfed and patches… At this point there could have been a super dragon ball fighterz in production with a year of work behind it already… instead…

Patching is like a steroid shot, its only good temporarily, it helps boost your immune system get over that hump and then you are back on your own.

I’m not against patching persay, but certain titles patches shouldn’t be a thing people are waiting for… aka Vs and tag titles.

Yeah you’ve suggested full trigger round start and thought Blanka keeping time stop glitch would be a good thing. Your opinions are shit honestly.

What? That like, isn’t true?

Also, it was A Gohan and 16. Cell came after.

Also, people aren’t just “waiting for a patch”. That’s also just untrue.

The game is just boring it’s like I said 6 months ago , it’s just a cheap linear version of marvel with less mixups and most of the assist in the game are more or less the same. People played it cause dragon Ball z is the most recognized anime on this planet and cause we didn’t have an alternative vs game

11 Likes

that’s it? There’s really nothing that can be done?