SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

I think ED is actually pretty okay at it, He has a decent walkspeed and sMP. And he has a safe low confirm with cMK>Hands which confirms to super. I know he has alot of other baggage, but he’s good at stagger stuff.

Y Zeku is good at it, but he doesn’t have the low threat to really hurt backwalk until he has VT1 Stocked.

1 Like

I agree in the character front (except Rose), but what about universal gameplay changes/new mechanics? I don’t think they are coming this season but probably season 5.

As much as we like to think they’ll just play any Smash game, that’s actually not the case. I love the SF series. I grew up with SF2 and I proclaimed 3S the greatest because the Daigo parry video was so amazing to me. But as a competitive player I’m a 09’er and you’re not going to get me to play either of those games anymore. Modern SF is what feels right to me, not the old games which feels as foreign to me as a anime fighter or KOF nowadays.

They have their preferences just like us. Ultimate will have huge numbers but I don’t think it even breaks 4k. There was so much talk about the entire FGC getting around DBZ last year, and all it managed to do was barely beat a declining SFV.

3 Likes

Yeah but Dime’s talking specifically about slow walkers, and staggers are just kinda inherently bad with them because they lose the major option that causes staggers to work.

1 Like

Although I do believe its possible something gameplay changing will come eventually, I also do equally believe that it couldn’t happen.

There’s been a lot of rumors about new mechanics and they have drawn out things long enough where an update could entail some big stuff like new V System stuff or supers. It’s just because the game is so CPT/eSports focused, adding in too much more new stuff at this point will exacerbate their balance work. S4 is the first season where at least initially people don’t seem up in arms about the balance and the top 3 dont look like they’ll dominate tourney play like the top 5 started out in S3.

I like the way the game plays enough as is and the 2 triggers add enough variety. I’ll take more stuff for fun’s sake, but it’s probably more work for them CPT wise so yeah.

2 Likes

Oh, I misread that, sorry Dime.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with both of these one of the things I’ve found is that characters with big throw range and slow walkspeed can still stagger effectively… for pressure at least. Highland and certain other high level Sagats I’ve seen can get off st.mp walk st.mp off 3-4 times in a row, albeit rarely, it does happen more than I see a lot of the rest of the cast do that same string.

Ed I’ve also found to have good stagger pressure… not really for conversions but more just for pressure. But Ed’s problem is that he just doesn’t get inside easily so the pressure is harder to gain (much like the aforementioned sagat)

Just trying to see where I’m going wrong besides the obvious (guess better) answer

That’s ok bud :slight_smile: you were still correct outside the premise of the question

1 Like

Slow walking stagger pressure, I’d think Bison.

Well, O Zeku can try, but without that Low threat… I think staggers aren’t great.

Possibly the greatest video ever made.

5 Likes

How is the G vs Abigail matchup? I shiver whenever I play G in that match up but I feel like its because G is the character I have least experience with when it comes to fighting Abigail.

I don’t even like Johnny Cage but that trailer and fatality were A1 fire.

I might actually buy this game at launch

2 Likes

Smug is probably the most entertaining SF5 streamer free.

I feel like it could go either way. G’s level one fireballs are great at stopping his armor and I feel some of his range can contest some of Abi’s dumber buttons. That being said, you are playing G, so the possibility of Abigail rolling over all of your defensive options and bringing it back can be likely.

Disclaimer: There’s also the strong possibility I have no idea what I’m talking about.

I think I’ve been making Vesper Arcade salty when I beat him. He’s normally really positive but I came into his chat after I took a set and started spamming my Kolin emojis and he’s was like “hey Twin are you one of those guys that spams emots after a win?”. I’m like naw this was just this once (he’s knows me because we run into each other in rank allot).

I beat him again went spamming mad emots hahahahaaaa

He’s asked me the same question but I told him if I lose I’ll still show up on chat.

Now I just have to never lose to Vesper…

2 Likes

Went to this brunch place that has a kid’s room.
They also had an emulator double arcade stick plugged in with 500+games
I played with my wife a few games, and I landed on SVC: Chaos.
That game is beautiful!
Also holy fuck chun’s st.HP was basically fullscreen

(for the record the stick was trash)

1 Like

Beat Vesper on stream again spammed my emots than tea bagged him

God Kolin is so fair and balanced <3

2 Likes

The only reason I expect some new mechanic is that Capcom tends to introduce something into the mix around the last third of an SF’s games lifecycle. I don’t think VT2 was it as that felt more like the completion of the launch SF5 along with everything in that package.

I would like the V-System to reach its fullest potential before we never see it again in a main entry into the franchise. For the prospect of more fun like you said.

1 Like

He’s been playing mad random characters lately too. Don’t let him have his random character fun. Bring him down.