SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

Good to see SCVI in top 5!

Pffft, next you’ll be telling us we shouldn’t be making tier lists the day of a fighting game’s release

At release? This is 2019, why wait that long?

Obviously due to low morale from not being a main stage game. If your game gets cut from main stage that can pretty much cut your plans for going to Evo right there.

SFV and Samsho are the only reasons I may go to Evo this year. I’ll play NK11 casually but have no plans to play that shit with any grind or enter tournaments for it.

I predicted ghost rider to be really good in early MvC3…

I’m usually not that far wrong though.

If he stayed as he was in the beta he would have been alright. They saw a few things that would make him even a bit good and took them away.

He still mostly sucks in MVCI (despite arguably being better than he was in MVC3) outside of his normal move tag and super assists.

What was in the beta he lost? I forget?

His command normal flame pillar reached super jump height. You basically couldn’t avoid it unless you were a flight character.

1 Like

Given DBFZ’s highly variable run times, I don’t think they had much of a choice. SFV was like an hour and half late because of DBFZ.

3 Likes

Good point, I hadn’t thought about the admin problems.

He is announcing a leaderboard after the lineup have been announced for a day ?! lmao, that is some serious attention whoring.

1 Like

Leaderboard (in as much as it means) works for me, Evo (and CPT) finals are a fucking pain to watch in the UK and for all my EU buddies

Wow. Heartless Spire was that good? Had no idea.

That was my fav assist whenever I ran Ghost.

It’s also gameplay problems (pre patch) as to why DBFZ takes so long especially in later 3/5 sets.

1. Happy birthdays suck. Which means you can’t really punish bad assist calls heavily for the most part. As different as MVC2 and 3 are, one thing they have in common is if you get happy birthdayed half your team’s ass is most likely grass. In DBFZ if you even see 2 characters getting hit at the same time it’s half a miracle and usually nothing of real emphasis happens most of the time. TBF happy bdays sucking is a good thing considering the assists aren’t really dominate enough in neutral for that any way. No reason to beat up on meh assists and make them less prominent with the long cooldown times.

2. Up until the patch, blue health was ridiculous. In Marvel 2 and 3 red health stacks really fast on assists but not so much on point characters. In DBFZ everything just stacks up huge blue health so characters stay alive for a long ass time. Especially considering the game requires real heavy resource burn to get anything close to a ToD.

3. Very easy access to tagging in/out characters. This combined with the very liberal blue health system means characters are just constantly cycling blue healths instead of dying.

4. Constant resets to neutral after characters die. In a 3v3 game this does eat up time even if it’s short since it’s going to happen 3 to 5 times in any match. It’s also why Piccolo snapback was even more complained about than it really needed to be. DBFZ is already a game of lengthy battles and switched between characters unless they’re being assist block string setplayed or sparking blast dumped. In a more traditional VS game Piccolo’s snap back would actually be killing characters which would be cheap, but at least get the game moving faster. Cycling through blue healths for 100 seconds until 1 character finally dies into round reset = yeaeeeahhh

MVCI and Blazblue Tag despite only being 2v2 games do a better job of handling downed characters without killing momentum and going for full neutral resets.

3 Likes

As oppose to it happening at the end of the round and dying

You realize that if you manage to comeback after that they will have trigger again, right?

1 Like

Pokemon started to look like shit around Gen3 and they’ve gotten progressively worse with each new region. If you like Nu-Pokemon you’re weak minded soy boi.

That’s why I also suggested gauge to get trigger be drastically reduced from damage taken.

I wish I could find my post about how Dragon ball would fall off as far as participants goes the next evo.

I’m curious if evo numbers will grow this year at all.

1 Like

There were plenty of terrible designs in ye old days too

Just as there are nice mons in the newer games