SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

9 Likes

No Melee on EVO?
Swell!

Edit:
Cage is hilarious at MK 11. Weren’t for the gore, I would play him on it.
His fatality is top not.

@Evil_Canadian DBFZ is a Saturday game for 2 reasons
1 the games can go on for way too long, last year we had to wait quite a while more.

2 they might be trying to boost the Saturday viewership, last year it was the most watched game but it didn’t really shatter Evo numbers by much. You slot it on a Saturday and maybe you get two days of high viewer count instead of putting all your eggs in the sunday basket

3 game is bad and you should feel bad for liking it

1 Like

His costume is generic, but his personality is on point. That’s the greatest win pose in fighting game history.

2 Likes

This is an interesting situation, I’m surprised that he managed to get banned on Steam of all places… but at the same time I’m not because it’s Cipher.

1 Like

i like all the details the put into it to make him more hollywood then ever.
that stuntman assist XD

2 Likes

How do you block this?

you dont, you parry it :coffee:

2 Likes

Falke will always be in cross up position there, so just hold forward and you will block it despite it hitting meaty.
But I will surely use this setup now against my opponents.

1 Like

It’s a 24 hour ban.
There is legit someone who has a steamgroup to massreport people, who call him out for starting flamebaits.
I’m not the only one, who happens to get banned by this, there are plenty of others too.
The same person does this in MKX and 11 Forums too, where he gets also called out all day.

Funny thing is, the same guy tried the same in the BBCF Forums on Steam and got permabanned by the Mod there in under 2 hours.
God bless Shini.

Meanwhile, I just helped 2 complete newbies this morning with a complete rundown for BBCF and their characters of choice. That was my good deed of the day.

Edit: This Evo Lineup though.
The Gore Values, made it over the Core Values is more meme material.
Congrats at UNI making it, the game deserves more love and GG has one year where they don’t laugh about NRS entrants compared to their own.
They still can, when their side tournament has more player than MK11 will.
Like that game going to survive longer than the usual month.

1 Like

LMAO Holy shit I’m sorry but Johnny Cage’s Fatality is the greatest Fatality of all time. That was so unexpected. Super original.
I think this was the most personality NRS has ever injected into one character, I almost want to use Johnny after seeing that

12 Likes

As someone who pretty much only ever gets to play online, I agree.

However lets also not forget that prior to KOF14 coming out (which the internet reminds me was 3 years ago) SNK was that company what used to make cool games but now just makes a bunch of pachinko shit.

SamSho looks a helluva lot better than that did out of the gate or after they did the graphical tuning, which is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it plays well; I’m no SamSho series head so I couldn’t tell you what makes for a great entry or not (I’m personally just hoping for big sword hits that make people explode).

Even if SamSho came out with flawless gameplay, awesome visuals and better-than-2013-KI-netcode the cold hard truth is that it still wouldn’t make much of a dent in the current popular crust of FGs. But at least it would be good and not dead so people who want to can play it. So long as it generates enough revenue for SNK to keep plugging along at their FG resurrection I’ll call it a win.

I’m in the same spot with patience though I have a different problem. I still get way too antsy and anxious if I haven’t hit a button or done anything in awhile. And when I crack and do something it is usually something with enough wind up or recovery that I get popped for doing it.

Its a subtle bad habit to try to break. Gotta stay really mindful during matches, which isn’t always easy with everything else going on.

I’m gonna be honest, its virtually impossible to hate rebooted Johnny Cage. Don’t think I’ve seen any other FG character benefit so much from the jump to 3D as JC has. They just inject so much personality into him.

10/10

5 Likes

By staying out of lounges with @DevilJin_01

Even just not having to deal with equipment set up for Melee must feel like a breath of fresh air.

If anyone is looking to try to make a deep run at Evo, SamSho might be that game. The entrant pool won’t be huge, and the game won’t have been out long enough for pros to get much of an experience gap on you.

Old games have dedicated followings. You’re gonna run into all the secret killers playing 5 Special.

How’s the melee salt this morning?

1 Like

Cage tossing shades like Wesker, calling stunt doubles to grab you, and drilling fools with his Oscar? I love the new Johnny.

4 Likes

There will be old heads for sure, but it’s a pretty big time gap and different development circumstances entirely since the last SamSho. So I don’t know how much gameplay advantage people should expect to carry over.

I’m blissfully isolated from the world of Smash, even on Twitter. I played Melee for about an hour back when it was brand new and decided it wasn’t for me. Everything I have seen about Smash since then just further convinces me that was the correct decision.

Just wrote an idiot proof guide to enable your PS4/PS3 sticks for SFV as some of my friends still don’t know how to make it work.

Step by step guide to enable PS4/PS3 stick for Street Fighter 5.

1. Turn on Steam. On the top left corner, click on Steam, then click on Settings.

2. Click on Controller, then click on General Controller Settings. (Refer To First Picture)

3. Tick the PlayStation Configuration Support Box. After that, look under Detected Controllers.

4. Click on your Detected Controller. e.g HRAP 4, Unregistered Controller. (Refer To Second Picture)

5. Click on Define Layout

6. Scroll all the way down and press Triangle on your stick to save.

7. Click on the box below “Select The Type Of Controller”. If your stick is a PS4 stick, select “PlayStation 4 Controller”. If it is PS3 stick, select “PS3 Controller”. (Refer to 3rd Picture)

8. Click Yes Upload.

8 Likes