SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

Fair is the right word. Very, very fair.

1 Like

to add to this, toy sales in general are declining due to a whole mess of factors. probably the biggest one is kids’ increased access to phones, mobile games, social media, etc. pinning that entirely on TLJ having bad writing or something doesn’t make much sense. TLJ didn’t kill toys r us. theater attendance is also declining; TLJ was still the best performing film of 2017, regardless of how it held up against TFA or what disney invested behind it.

statistics are fine, but placing them into narratives is often not fine

1 Like

Kolin’s s.HP is 8 frame just like Karin. They both are the Queens of s.HP’s that go into the world on hit.

b+HK is great ranged for what it does. Not many footsie females have a heavy with that range that can’t be crouched. Minus 2 safe on block also.

Whence, we need to S3 Gief Kolin’s st hp and make it completely worthless.

1 Like

bHK certainly isn’t a bad normal, but it’s not as good as Ed sHK for my money.

Ed has a bit more risk, but a lot more reward, and his other normals and movement speed complement it better.

You get to your dumb VT2 faster you have way more reward

Well it would be redundant really for Kolin’s b+HK to be as good as Ed’s s.HK any ways. It’s more specific use and/or gets better when you have VTC ready. Which with 2 bars b+HK definitely becomes a bigger ranged threat with that.

Ed doesn’t have the s.HP that goes into the world like Kolin and Karin do so his s.HK needs to be his damage dump/corner carry CC to compensate. Kolin’s b+HK just gives her another unnecessarily long heavy button that most characters of her type don’t have access to. Giving her a bit more room vs Birdie and Gief than Karin, Ibuki or Cammy get.

Yeah but you get real damage and an honest HKD and almost full screen corner carry.

Like, Kolin is better than Ed no question. But in this one case, Ed has the better button.

Edit: it’s also airborne and has all the benefits related to that.

The obvious outcome if the netcode thing is full doom and gloom is that the netcode doesn’t get touched at all on or offline and we have Japanese playing on March 14th at local arcades getting rollbacks lol.

I want to assume that offline rollbacks on a cab are a QA issue that will remind them they also need to fix the netcode for consoles and that will roll out with the new Type Arcade “patch”, but with SFV QA you can’t assume anything.

I’m not personally in as dire of a situation since most of the time CFN matches me with New York or Midwest people who I usually get pretty good connections with. I can play Mahreen who’s more than a 1,000 miles away from me without a hitch and that’s important with crazy ass Laura.

I do feel for the people I see on stream who live near Vancover and are getting matched vs people in Mexico City (3,000 miles away) and Tokyo Japan (about 5,000 miles away). That is insane. If the game is reading pings that should be impossible.

It could be how it reads the Ping too.

For example I have good connections with people all over the continent. But rural country internet is stronk.

1 Like

Strangely I was always able to play Jerom on PS4 or PC without a hitch (he always played on PC) and he’s in Cali. Beek I always had pretty good connections with and he’s west also.

Meanwhile I have bad connections with almost everyone on SRK. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m usually fine with even Mexican connections.

I know it isn’t the same but I had an okay connection with some Europeans in other games.

I honestly think it’s just tough to get a good grip on people connection in a quick timeframe. This is an issue with a lot of games and other software.

@Bea_Iank we still need to try sometimes. I have redneck internet. Which, surprisingly, is better.

1 Like

19 Likes

Yeah historically I’ve always had solid connection with Euros since I’m at the other end of the atlantic any way. Long as their internet can hold up.

Mexicans get iffy. Some I’ll have great connections with, others I got to blacklist on the spot. Carribean is iffy also. One Caribbean player I’ll be super smooth with and the next Carribean is eye gouging lag/rollback. I try to avoid playing Carribeans since their percentage rate for bad connections are the highest of all of the outside countries I get matched with.

Let me put it this way.
I am closer to fucking Antarctica than I am to you.

2 Likes

If you ever go to Antarctica you’ve gotta take a picture with that nice hat.

2 Likes

That is on my plans for after I turn 40.
I always wanted to visit it.

1 Like

Never under estimate rednecks.

Which means the connection will be 3 bars and still better than 50% of the 5 bars connections I get here.