SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

SFV S2 Balrog retroactively carried SF4 players.

Type Arcade comes out the day before Final Round. Prepare yourself. :wink:

I just hope that if they would reveal something, they would reveal completely all the characters.

And gradually surprise us with other content like modes.

Sorry but that power rangers shit looks fucking DOPE. Can’t wait to play that shit. The graphics remind me of marvel 3 which I thought had a really cool original style. Just didn’t like one hit kill into 4 way mixup that had frame advantage.

I’m going in on this shit. But first gotta get these sales skills up and make my UNIST game presentable… then pick dictator and make highland whine like a little girl

Actually I don’t care personally, I am just interested in the news and stories side of things. I am done with SFV but I’d still rather see the game do good.

@Rooflemonger
I saw you wanna try UNIST (?)
Your tweet was kinda confusing, whatcha need? I gotchu. I give you UNIST insight and you gimme some Kokoro content

1 Like

We had a T.Hawk player whose strategy in SFIV literally was to get knocked down and mix the attacker up between mashed DP or mashed command grab when they tried to attack him. He was fucking terrifying to play against. The sponsored Norwegian players counterpicked him because they didn’t want to deal with that, and he beat at least one notable European player in tournament by doing this (F-Word, I think?).

This guy couldn’t do a combo for the life of him and never AAed (why bother? He would just mash DP or command grab in your blockstring). He’s tried other fighters and he’s hardly taken a round off of me in any of them. If that’s not carry, I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

LOL this is a joke that I often made back in the SF4 days about T.Hawk players. I would say the T. Hawk vortex was to actually allow you to get in and pressure him so that he could force that 50/50. So many T. Hawk players I faced online played this way and I lost to the strategy plenty of times unfortunately.

Oh and if I dared do a jump in and back dash once, EX spire was coming next.

1 Like

That’s why I pocketed T.Hawk during AE. Didn’t play after AE much, but if I did I could swing some matches with Troll Hawk.

He wasn’t a SFIV character really. Didn’t need to know much SFIV lab monster stuff to play him. People got pissed as shit when you beat them while they’re grinding their SFIV lab monster shit all day and you feel good just tossing people around with a big boy that has big buttons. Birdie is about as close to the T.Hawk of V as it gets. Nice ranged buttons that can whiff punish and just solid enough movement to not be a complete tank.

1 Like

Yup. It’s official.

8 Likes

Breaking news

“Street fighter V type arcade”

Everyone kept you waiting very much.

Started operating on March 14, 2019

—————

SFVTA is the future of the FGC! Rise up!

1 Like

Looks like the S4 Rog players are still salty about the nerfs.

Immediately upon drop signed OFFLINE lmaaoooooo.

Had to 2 0 you son you don’t get a match. Not trying to lose points to Diamonds and was already blown that I dropped game winning stun combo vs Nephew lol. I don’t get to play many Kolins and the fact that I was actually winning for once instead of getting countered to death blew my mind too hard to finish combo. I’ll just have to come up with easy mode bnb when I have super.

His personal info

Sent my man a friend request. If he accepts we can talk about things.

1 Like

So the power rangers game took a bunch of shit from bbtag? I like it. Even the yellow ranger plays like Blake lol

Oh shit they have snap backs too!

Hype hype hype hype hype A-cho don’t let me down.

I’m watching a cho every day now lol. Hope to see some throwback Daigo and Mago at the arcade shit

2 Likes

Hoping for:

TA Game update (UI etc)

V-System update (second vskill)

Balance update 4.5

Promised Netcode Revision

Rose or Honda reveal + tease of next character at least but ideally the remaining 5 characters.

A press release that identifies in certain terms what are they doing “differently” this season.

If Capcom do this, They will perform a superb hat trick with 3 of their flagship games in the first quarter of 2019. It would be GLORIOUS!

You mean you hope they promise or theres evidence of them already promising?

3 Likes

They already mentioned in the second half of last year that they are looking into updating the netcode. I believe it was on twitter.

3 Likes

If you could dig up that tweet and post id appreciate.

The test cabs at Evo Japan were having local rollback so hopefully that means they are coming up with a fix for both console and arcade. Cant have Japanese playing in offline rollbacks

4 Likes

Yeah, ‘hope’ is the only appropriate word for all of that.

Type Arcade is the big deal that day, I doubt they’ll show anything else. Maybe a costume. Has been a while since Chun’s Morrigan outfit.

Type Arcade is likely a game update not just Arcade SF5. Which is why content for it has been datamined in the PC and PS versions.