SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

I will respectfully defer to your knowledge on 3S.

But I don’t feel just getting grabbed was as big a momentum swing in that game in a generic situation. Many times it felt that the grabs put you in the corner, and then once there you were fucked.

SFV by comparison, still has a lot of scrambly pseudo-offense after throws. And they do more relative damage.

thats why the viewership dropped so hard over time while they play sfv. of course the game they play matters too. acting as if sfv is not a part of the reason why the show endet is just delusional. its definitely a factor.

1 Like

…thought you were gonna respond with the fact that you could just draw one yourself X3

After playing 3S in tournaments for like 4 to 5 years and a few years online before that, I can tell you that throws were basically as cheap as they can be in any other game including this one. Especially with the karas allowing dumb dumb range on some of them.

Plus Makoto is essentially a command grab character with the dash movement of Rog. Grabs whether regular or command in some way plagued the hell out of the game. All of the old men on SRK back then said everyone in 3S played like semi grappler for a reason.

3S is the reason you have dumb shit hybrid grabbers like Makoto, Abel, Fuerte, Mika, Laura, G etc.

Yun was basically A2 Valle CC levels of dumb and then also had a command grab that switched sides and comboed you if you somehow blocked down the Genei Jin. Grabs are everything in 3S. He also had dives that hit overhead and thank god you had parries to help with that.

1 Like

LMFAO , you have got to be kidding me.

xD !!!

2 Likes

Literally the best thing about SFIV

6 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I like how Jacqui got blacker lmao

Ed Noob pulled the reverse of what the Japanese do to black girls.

10 Likes

Only if u pay me 200 bucks per art

And say Falke is the better neo shadaloo character >:3

Well…do you take commissions?

'Cause that Juri you did was nice :3

She got her light skin alt

2 Likes

New Jacqui>Old Jacqui

5 Likes

Just like that I’m hype for MK…

Neutral Kombat 11’s Jacqui’s face is much nicer to look at. MKX Jacqui doesn’t even look like a human being WTF.

1 Like

Like I said before, I defer to your judgement.

Your 3S knowledge far outstrips my own.

1 Like

It’s just that even if grabs weren’t as cheap as they are in SFV, back then the old men were complaining about them just as much as throws are complained about in V. So either way the rhetoric matches.

lawd

3 Likes

I think in the end I would just prefer more variety in the offense. Maybe I’m just a scrub, but it feels like throw is it with a lot of characters (and the related meta revolving around throws).

Personally I think the throws should just be more like Cammy/Karin/Y Zeku as a baseline.

Nothing to do with you being a scrub. The Shimmy is basically the mix up this whole game is built on. Super silly but that’s still a good chunk of the cast that’s trying to corner you so they can shimmy the nuts out of you.

But I’m still a scrub though… :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like