SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

I mean Vega has that broken VTI it shouldn’t be that surprising

2 Likes

A +3 on block light is nowhere fucking near what TAP was or the ability of activating VT on block and if you guess wrong on the ensuing 50/50 you are dead.

lol Karin’s +3 on block light was the fucking worst because you were dealing with a ridiculous tick throw situation that required no meter.

I dealt with S2 rog pretty fine all day. He was ridiculous but he has points in his offense that were suspect.

Nothing suspect about a 4 frame normal that leaves you at +3 as a tick throw. :joy: :japanese_goblin:

2 Likes

The mythical Top 8 Evo Vega for all to see

4 Likes

Nope, no variety in S1.

1 Like

I fell asleep during Season 1 Evo Grand Finals.

S1 Nash was a mistake. I’m glad they took his legs away.

1 Like

Nemo is always the best player of the most Rolento ass character. If Vega didnt have stance switches he probably wouldnt have played him.

Too bad Urien came out after Evo. Characters like Urien and G with funky lab shit is his alley

Of all the seasons I think S2 was the most unga season. S1 had Nash,Chun and Ryu but they were not robbing you of matches with ridiculously stupid vtriggers

1 Like

Lol you saying that shit after the throw loop tutorial.

:japanese_goblin:

3 Likes

I loved S1 Chun. Good mix of rush, tech and footsies so I was definitely awake during top 8 to see if Chun would win. Nash and Mika were stupid but i appreciate that Infiltration and Fuudo did the best to play the most counter puncher style of those characters

It’s wierd to me to think that the game used to be even more coin-flip-y

Why yes yes! :smile:

Keep that up and I won’t share any more butt drawings >:c

I mean those three specifically didn’t rob you with VTrigger, they robbed you with other shit lmao.

Ryu hit like a freight train, had meterless DPs, jump lk, st. Lk before nerfs, throw loops, always had full meter, etc. He was grimey.

Lol the throw loop thing didn’t bother me I’ve played other games that had it and gotten use to it. Can’t deny that it made Ryu and Karin stronger though

In S1 Ryus super and v trigger had such effectiveness that he basically had 2 triggers

If you played 3S dashes and throws were Lyfe

Throws were, relatively, weaker in 3S though.

Outside specific situations anyways (eg Hugo neutral throw in the corner) or just the corner in general.

Lot of the same things that make throws strong in S3 are SFV. You have to take throws especially in corner because crouch teching = you die since you throw out the same thing you throw in SFIV, but it can be parried. Yang has you in corner? Eat like 3 or 4 throws and maybe you don’t die. If you press anything you will take damage that will raise your stun bar up near half on that one confirm.

Cammy’s throw now is pretty much how throws in 3S were. Get enough space to not have to deal with pseudo loops, but if you are in a tight situation you are still going to have to take some.

Urien specifically you have to take throws and those throws if he has Aegis lead to Aegis any way. Still better than getting your crouch tech parried and RIP immediately.

If Chun gets you towards corner you just take those kara throws that are longer than her c.MK because everything else is much worse.

2 Likes

K no Ed sprite for you

S1 Chun was probably the most complete Chun has ever been. anti airs, footsies,damage and she could actually rushdown if she wanted to but getting in on a good chun was hard since she like a fortress lol

1 Like