SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

I dunno at this point tbh, Makoto in SF6 would prove she’s too strong for SFV which is understandable. My point remains anyway, I don’t have reasons to spend a dime on this game anymore and I ain’t going to get a PS5 without seeing SF6 first and Makoto right after. I’m glad for people who enjoyed SFV to his fullest, but I can’t still say the same, I’m sorry.

Probably she will be in 6, hope to be still around for when that happens.

After Kage reveal I remember me, Highland and few others telling y’all that Kage wasn’t that good. Honestly I don’t want that to happen tbh, the Akuma legion online is already annoying enough.

Personally I don’t think the problem with the game is down to the skill ceiling, if I’m being honest it’s kinda nice not having to stress about combos or counter hits.

Letting the characters be more expressive somehow would be better. Different combo routes, bring back block strings and frame traps.

Whiff punishing should always be on the cusp of being difficult, but not that difficult you’re just guessing.

Removing the dashes is a no brainer. Just up the walk speeds of everyone to like Ryu (SF5) at a minimum.

Game should be super responsive. Leave the buffer in , but lower the lag. Snappy game is a good game.

9 Likes

Dashes were in SF3, SF4 and no one bothered about that, but SFV doesn’t feel responsive enough to fight them properly.

3 Likes

I feel you tbh.

For SF5 i wanted two characters to return , Juri and Gouken.I got Juri and even though she changed a lot ,it’s pretty much the reason i play the game.

As for your Makoto, idk there are two ways to look at this. Even though SF5 is probably in it’s last phase content wise, that doesn’t mean we will get SF6 right after. So even if she is added this late into the game,there’s a good chance the game will remain active for quite a while.

The other way though, she is added late in the game but not long after the new title get’s released and well,i guess you will be pissed off because i doubt they will add characters just added to former title’s season 4 or 5 as base roster for SF6.

3 Likes

There was no dash in SF4 that went half screen in 15 frames. At least not from my memory.

Dashing should be for position on KDs or escaping set ups, maybe a surprise attack.

Dealing with 15 frame mong dashes is mentally draining.

1 Like

Ryus at my level do wakeup dash dash sweep all the time. (Super Gold)
And I get hit by them. That’s the sad part. lol.

4 Likes

This new type of CPU cooler works wonders.

4 Likes

Funny thing this is more common than one might think.
I had a simliar situation in a Sol Mirror, were we both decided to start with Grand Viper and as it clashed both mashed DP.

Situations like these are mad funny.

…for a little something different

6 Likes

Sometimes I fight against Gief at my level, then he does a random dash in into SPD and 90% of the time it catches me off guard.

There are also the eventual dash happy Vegas with their unseeable dash into throw or command grab, something about the way he moves makes it imo the hardest dash to react to in the game.

How naughty of you!

Hey I just figured the thread would appreciate it :eyes:

That picture is ass.

accepts match, Vega comes to the screen

Oh god

two or so leagues above from me

Oh man

announcer says the Vega is using his main character

Oh god oh MAN

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter, they all open up the round with slide.

3 Likes

I feel the same way about this that Highland does. He actually hit on pretty much everything I thought of on the drive into work.

I don’t think the problem with the game is the ease of doing combos and such. I think very broadly the game has an “every gets a trophy” problem where poor or mediocre play is rewarded too heavily (mostly thinking of VTs but “jump until it works” and the dashes are also factors) and higher level concepts are enough of a pain in the ass to do due to overall game design (see Frost’s posts from way back about whiff punishing in this game) that there isn’t a lot to push players past their day 1 combos and heavily labbed VT set ups.

Players in general are always going to shoot for the path of least resistance. One of the frustrating things about SFV is that doing so in this game carries you surprisingly far while higher skill play is rewarding but less so proportionately.

Or I guess maybe another way to put it is that the game ramps you to intermediate-ish level play and then just kind of leaves you there. All of the mechanics that got you there just serve to make you do that stuff over and over, and pursuing higher level concepts is hard and unrewarding enough that most people probably just figure that aren’t jumping or dashing enough.

None of that is anything you are fixing in this game; or at least anything Capcom is likely to fix in its remaining lifespan anyways. But I am very interested to see what they do with SF6. I appreciate some of the things they tried out in 5 but we could lose this whole close skirmish grey health no chip VT comeback dynamic without me being too sad about it.

The monkey’s paw however is that Capcom (and FGs in general) are all-in on comeback mechanics and Capcom specifically loves to pick ones that end up being kinda fucked. Hopefully they learn their lesson when it comes time for 6 but I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

I never had a problem with dashes or throw breaks in 3s, but it might have been my young man reflexes, in sf4 dash throw wasn’t a thing or a problem. Tick throws on the other hand killed me…

In SF5 I feel like I’m constantly guess or thinking about a throw, a dash throw, shimmy throw, tick throw, neutral jump throw.

I’m not sure if that’s because my reactions are just worst or the game…

1 Like

That’s my feelings atm, I’m in the middle of nowhere, the possibility of a lose-lose situation is high at this point. Probably I would be pissed if Makoto doesn’t make it even this season, but honestly I started caring less than before, it’s just stressful hoping on something probably don’t exist, so whatever.

Makoto, 16f able to cover more screen than everyone else. The problem in SFV is that almost everyone has at least her dash speed when I’m SF4 everyone where generally 2f slower. Removing dashes will just help shots and zoners in general, with characters without them struggling to get inside without something really stupid.

1 Like

Like I said above in SFV everyone has Makoto dash speed, in fact she was the only character there where you need to be afraid of her approach through dashes. I mean, Ryu has 16f dash speed in SFV, that’s ridiculous. The CC mechanic amplify all of that, the jumpins are just the cherry on top.

1 Like