SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

These mouth breathers are lucky they even got Evil Ryu Kage. They want him to be decent too smh.

5 Likes

oh yeah i forgot about kage’s tatsus getting no projectile invincibility too. that one actually makes me upset

The thing is, Kage’s “robbery” isn’t actually robbery. Even when he hits you for a truckload of damage at no point is it unfair, or he’s doing something to cheat the system. He just goes from hitting you hard…to hitting you harder which isn’t anything new in FGs.

People have been putting forth the theory that all the characters will drop at once in the Arcade version. If that is the case, the PS4/PC version would be getting them all at once too.

Thats still robbery to some of the whiners on twitter

People on Twitter call anything they lose to robbery.

1 Like

People complain about anything I saw a guy suggest a Nerf certain characters for being braindead and cheap I don’t remember them all but he listed Vega like wtf lol. I think he had fang on there too but I can kind of understand that one if you’re really unfamiliar with him fang he can fuck you up.

1 Like

I don’t think Capcom would blow their load like that. I suspect the new SFV arcade cabinets are connected to the internet and update simultaneously with the rest of us. Or something like that.

Could be interesting if there is crossplay with pc and ps4.

Feelsbadman

4 Likes

It would make sense to have a multiple char release… so they probably won’t do it.
At this point I am expecting a single character release, and the character is someone that nearly no one gives a shit about. And while at it it will be bugged or have bad animations or low tier, or anything to be a disappointment, because SFV.

Viper will not disappoint

It’s gonna be Oro and I will play him.

3 Likes

No Makoto = no money/fm out of my wallet this year, I swear.

Would you even want her this late-ish into the game’s life ?

Sure it has some juice left but still.

1 Like

They’re saving Makoto for SF6. She’ll be the first character announced along with Ryu.

1 Like

I am at the dentist waiting room talking about season 4,seems legit.

At first I thought kage was going to be top tier. What changed my mind was vskill being hittable low and his air ex tatsu being duckable (and usually not giving combo iirc)

He has some great strengths but it’s 90% v trigger stuff. His stomp shit can be decent but I don’t feel like it’s a stable strategy and after that, he has good upclose game, but not fucking borked, which is what you would need it to be to suffer through his stubby neutral. Other characters with good cr.mk’s practically delete kage. Sakura particularly felt bad.

Idk what they could do to make him better besides make air ex tatsu not duckable and plus on block. He feels like he needs something that cheesy.

Never thought Kage was good. I’m a good judge of what looks hype and what looks effective.

Kage requires too much spacing for your average ape - which is pretty much everyone.

Also the problem with Akuma isn’t he’s better. It’s that he’s better with almost zero execution barriers. That’s why it’s not worth picking another shoto , there’s nothing stopping GhandiScrub695 from playing Akuma and being effective.

Not quite the same as Akuma SF4, which had higher skill requirements.

2 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t combo if used as a starter. You can go VT1 dash cancel at best and the opponent can still block and, if I recall correctly, even hit you. It’s pure gimmick.

If you guys want higher skill ceiling in sf 6,

Do you want the combo difficulty to be like the KOF series or sf4 (1 frame links)

I hope my question isn’t too ambiguous.

I pick kof. I really hate 1f link jab jab jab special.

2 Likes