SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

ggs @Saitsu and @FlyingVe that enough for me. Gonna eat then crash.

It happens. I haven’t played for a month and I put on a better performance than usual. I guess I don’t have any of my usual negativity holding me back so my head was a bit more clear when playing. I still feel terrible against any character that has what SFV pretends is a neutral game, but meh. I guess if I don’t think about things too seriously I play better.

What would it take in your opinion for Capcom to justify the silence in between seasons and win back its (fickle) audience?

Nothing really. They could’ve been doing anything to keep the scene interested. Could’ve done weird teasers and other things just to keep people occupied like the Japan Time nonsense that goes on with Smash.

This is all just a PR fuck up from Capcom. The flip side is that people stop caring once actual content is released. So its a whole lot of meh.

1 Like

Don’t think they have to win anyone back since anyone still here is definitely in it for the long haul.

But to answer the question: start of CPT or whatever needs to bring some kind of gameplay related hype. Like assuming they go the character route I expect at least 2 characters dropped at once. Anything less is just Capcom shitting the bed. An AE style trailer for the upcoming Season would also be nice.

you guys are pretty optimistic about kage. im not sold, tho i love him (his stuff is just fun to do). but…his dmg really isn’t that great, meterless midscreen anyway, not unless you wanna give up your oki, so you wind up seeing kages just doing xx tatsu and leaving it at that which is pathetic dmg. stomp pressure is fake as hell, especially out of heavies. st mp xx ex hado whiffs if your spacing isn’t perfect because the projectile moves so damn slow for some reason. vskill has no lower body armor and you can’t cancel it. ia ex tatsu stuff is fakeish too since you can just duck under it, and even if you land it, you might not get a combo. you can throw him out of his vt1 vskill while it’s traveling (resulting in really funny clips lol). counterhit 3frame doesn’t link into any mediums. st mp is - for no reason. i could probably find more to be annoyed about but mainly i just don’t get what his many downsides are supposed to be compensating for because he doesn’t really have any amazing broken tools except his vt2 demon

idk about his cr mk being one of the best in the game either. no late cancel, doesn’t go that far, what are you seeing there?

but my real complaint is the stupid input leniency turning his dan fireballs into accidental shoryukens. it’s not like you can’t work around it or anything but it’s particularly annoying on him since their range is so specific

1 Like

I know you didn’t ask me but for as good as Capcom has been doing with the other games fighting games in general have not gone well for them. And I don’t think they could do anything realistic to get back on the good side of things. The game has been out for a minute and almost anytime the game is mentioned it’s negative.

The last few things they’ve had a buzz about have been bad. People were mad at no news Evo Japan, before that mad at only getting kage and no other news at cpt, before that the media and general public made memes over the sponsor ad shit. Then add in all the silence. Unless they come out with some bombs at fr it’s not gonna change

Goddamn Garou is a cool ass game.

Look at this Wiki though.

Obama

1 Like

I think those pricey cinematic trailers are reserved only for actual releases or re-releases so maybe we will get one later this year or early 2020.

I think what would help tremendously is the announcement of the completion of the new netcode along with a character release and a hint for the next character after.

It’s also possible that Capcom will reveal what they are planning in relation to the reductions of fight money which I suspect is a release of a F2P lite version of the game.

No full trailer is understandable. I just want to know who we are getting.

Ideally I think Capcom drops all the characters for this season (less than the full six from previous years) along with a maybe a 4.5 patch. Patch 5.0 would the final one then discontinue support to gets all hands on deck for SF6.

@chatshire back from the dead?? Lol is Mika still OP AF?

Final Round will manifest the return of @yung_beezy he seems like somebody that would like Honda

Nah, Arcade edition is coming out. Then they’ll do a PS5 Cuckade edition, then SF6 will come out with less features than Battle Arena Toshiden on PS1 release.

2 Likes

she’s definitely still dumb

3 Likes

Man I loved BAT1. Hearing that old Sony THX ish intro and playing on Sofias stage with the cool dance music

1 Like

Forgot to link the Wiki:

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Garou:_Mark_of_the_Wolves

SRK wiki dead AF. Don’t even know who would be in charge of the thing anymore. Gotta make account specifically for it. May ask after finishing up other silly things.

1 Like

Not much has changed huh. Fuudo had to go pick up Birdie. Mika cant do it on her own without more buffs.

Agree with most of what you said about Kage. Has issues but has what you need to rob people with the basic solid neutral and defensive tools to keep people off you as you fish for robbery

This is accurate.

im not even gonna talk about birdie. mika needs more nerfs until it’s 7-3 menat’s favor, until then nobody can say this game is balanced

i will say tho, i think if akuma didn’t exist people wouldn’t be calling kage the worst character in the game, but “why am i not playing akuma?” really does seem like a legitimate question. i picked up akuma for a little bit just to see the comparison and it really is like one of those “the evil shoto she told you not worry about” memes

5 Likes

Yeah its more so that Akuma just invalidates a reason to hard main him in CPT

Akuma invalidates most shotos and that has fundamentally always been his design flaw albeit an intentional one.