SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

lion flower sprite

9 Likes

In SFV Gief would not want to fight a Falke that can chip kill without super. It would be more old school sure, but Gief pretty much has to give away parts of 1050 health every match to flex. Which although he takes less, now he can die from taking armor damage to zero and with chip kills on top that’d be rough for this version of Gief IMO.

Guile and Menat being able to chip kill a flex reliant version of Gief with no green hand would be something.

I agree that that chip kills coming back would make more mid rangey characters like shotos perform better without yolo, but in this game Gief is done if you put in chip kills without change to the game itself.

White health, red chip and having to flex is a triple whammy that would just set his bad matchups into unnecessarily unplayable.

2 Likes

He beat Neon who always one and dones me so that’s great too.

I’ve admittedly had to one and done a few laggy people or just people that are too low ranked to bother losing the 100 too. Once I get to 29k I’ll open myself up to a few more low body Diamonds. These laggy Super Diamond Eds with cheaper dashes than Ryu and Ken do not deserve rematches.

2 Likes

This set is why Japan rated Gief so high. Feeding Itazan any buffs was a mistake. Dude st.MPs Birdie back to Alpha 3.

2 Likes

Nah, Itazan is baby cakes compared to FAB. FAB had a 70% Win rate in Xrd when Pot was literally at the bottom of the tier list. Alex levels of bad.

70%

Alex bad.

Picture how fucking Godlike of a player you have to be to win with a shit ass grappler in a game with brutal offenses. FAB literally exists to make sure they never fucking make Potemkin good.

Edit: I should add that ArcSys has reconsidered buffs because they don’t want FAB to get out of hand. They’ve said this. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Speaking of that. Lettuce Lady is back. 2 0’d Smug’s day one Alex on his stream. I feel like a Wheaties Box Champion.

Best comment from chat

It’s funny to see the chat say “Laggy Jamaican” when I live 4 hours away from Smug. The outfit and the flag make me full troll.

2 Likes

He can whiff punish Birdie’s s.MK with that shit. Wild

Speaking of cars, I still Ford Taurus on the road. Those cars guzzle so much gas, waste of money.

There’s so many Gief’s in diamond who don’t even use st.mp. It’s like did they not get the memo on how good that button is??

1 Like

Diamonds dont play footsies too often. They usually prefer to just do stuff. Karin is similar as a footsie based character. Until you get to about near Master levels of Karin they are going to jump way more than they are going to play footsies.

Mhike’s Gief is the only Gief I’ve fought on or offline that effectively uses SPD in footsies (whiff punishing, catching buttons). Even when I fought Brutus at Canada Cup he was just like a higher reaction version of every other Gief online.

It’s crazy to me how Jin talks about Diamond players like they are Gold ranked lol. Diamond was, and i guess still is, my final ranked goal. I’d like to think I could make it but I just don’t have that drive to climb anymore.

2 Likes

I think part of it is since I mostly play Falke in ranked they probably play something of footsies vs other characters, but how bad their footsies are shows when the play my Falke. She doesn’t have mix up (outside of frame traps and gimmicks) so neutral is what you gotta do to get around it and they usually don’t got it or play guess jump games until maybe they hit me.

The higher ranks actually play footsies first and jump second vs me which is much better gameplan.

Even when I play Ibuki in casuals though it’s just like, wow some of these guys still can’t play no footsies. My Ibuki is rather grounded and I only jump if I have to (like Guile/Sagat matchup stuff with plasma going all day). Falke isn’t a plasma character so there’s no real need to jump all day vs her, but people do any way.

2 Likes

Lion/Flower Power Akuma is the best Akuma! Great job!

1 Like

Watching Momochi and Keoma play Karin it’s crazy how little they jump. They establish the ground game first before anything else so that first jump in they do usually lands. It’s something I’m always working on myself.

2 Likes

Yup jumps are much stronger when you force the ground game first so you can jump in spots where standard AA’s are ineffective or they whiffed a button so the jump is almost free.

2 Likes

Is Falke Currently a better char than Chun?

about the same

1 Like

Falke > Chun but yeah around the same i think

So I fought this Grandmaster Falke. Everything was all good till he made her strip down to her bikini. Immediately. I was so damn distracted :sunglasses: Clever bastard.

3 Likes

I assume it’s Rompe. I used to talk to him in the Discord.

1 Like