SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

Just FYI, high end cars… don’t use manuals, they are too slow. This is one of the reasons they are dying off.

1 Like

While I’m thankful for the insight, I’m also wondering why you had to correct that to some forum bum.

I ain’t affording any of this shit ever.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Stop killing my childhood dreams please

Because good cars don’t nessasarily cost money.

The Miata is cheap and is he equal of cars that cost 3 times a much.

The civic is a bloody fantastic car, and actually drives pretty great.

Fun with cars isn’t as much about money as some people think.

2 Likes

At the American dealer I worked at a lot of the workers and customers prided driving a manual. It’s funny because in old video games like Daytona USA the manual had a better top speed than the auto.

Manual is fun to drive just because once you learn it you almost never have to hit the breaks. With stuff like the Tesla that has like 0 torque or gets to 60 in the blink of an eye on electric, manual is becoming obsolete in that sense.

Yeah they are all about DCTs now. Even non-dual clutch autos smoke manuals. It’s been that way for about 15 years now.

I’m a family man. My idea of a fun car right now is something reliable and safe. Next vehicle is definitley going to be a pick up truck though. Pick ups are so fucking useful. Europe don’t know about the hype of a pick up truck while Willie Nelson is playing.

1 Like

Manual can be a lot of fun, and 20 - 30 years ago, a human could run the gears better.

But a modern automatic, is just way better than any human can do. Doesn’t even take a gearless transmission like CVT or a Electric engine.

1 Like

I don’t like pickups. But I respect them.

When I need to do something… I borrow my friends pickup.

1 Like

That’s what sucks about owning a pick up or a Jeep. It becomes all of your friends’ vehicle as well.

2 Likes

That just means your friends are buying you hella lunches. I don’t exactly mind helping friends though.

2 Likes

And the benefit of my little cars.

“Who’s driving?”

“Not me!”

2 Likes

Manual is more fun to drive than automatic.

That’s about the extent I care about cars. Kinda glad I don’t have to spend outrageous amounts of money on one.

2 Likes

No one has too.

I think that’s a little bit of a myth myself. You don’t need to spend tons of money to get a fun car.

The only cars I dislike, are ones purchased without a shred of emotion.

Yeah im happy with just getting back and forth and going over 50.

My broke nigga dream car is a Jeep Wrangler. I was gonna buy one but I heard they were shitty from a few different sources.

Working at a dealer I’ve seen/heard too many horror stories about Jeep/Chrysler electronics to ever want one. New vehicles coming in with engine lights on after 1,000 miles and other vehicles with trunks that have latches that wont stay closed.

They are shitty. But they are a ton of fun, and there is nothing out there quite like a wrangler.

I hear the new ones aren’t shitty anymore either.

@DevilJin_01 that’s my experience too. Fiat Chrysler products aren’t well built.

1 Like

LOL yeah that reminds me. Fiats specifically were known for having poor build quality. Lot of arm rests falling off and other upholstery type issues.

1 Like

The reputation pretty well scared me off of buying an Alfa.

And Alfa has its own reputation of top of that.

I’m dumb about cars, but even my stupidity has its limits.

Also, Toyota GT86, another cheaper car that drives like a dream.

3 Likes

People who drive manuals probably play cammy