SFV Lounge: Cammy at the Falken bottom, Makoto is in final phases, Leo Alex is broken

Eh… bison is really fucking good, but I wouldn’t say he’s broken.

Most all characters have some options against his stuff, it’s just that they all kinda suck. He’s not like Rashid where he’s playing a different game.

Don’t worry.

I blacklist the bastard. He won’t find me.

I play Juri so I need to be evil.

4 Likes

Other than nerfing EX DR into the ground, I don’t really care about bison. Gief is the master salt miner this season.

1 Like

Putting Gief to work in the salt mines is always just one long stick away. I sometimes do my troll walk back shimmies into the corner once I get an 80 percent life lead on them.

Mhike said he hates fighting Falke, Menat and Sim the most so I don’t have to work in the mines vs Gief this season.

1 Like

tbf frame data can only help you that much, you may know every gap in his pressure but Bison only has to switch to his true strings or bait a reversal in order to punish you from attempting to stop him.

1 Like

I should probably give Falke another go honestly. I obviously know boxer extremely well and my dictator matchup knowledge has gone through the roof with all the guile mains jumping ship.

1 Like

Yeah if you got your Bison and Boxer matchup knowledge down Falke should be doable. Not many people play Boxer any way and bad Bisons aren’t that hard to beat with Falke once you get her down (good ones still suck). Boxer matchup is still terribad but less terribad and might be slightly better if you use VT2. Slightly. Only reason I’m beating any Boxers ATM is they are just that garbage at fighting Falke.

Fighting a character like Falke in ranked as a bad matchup would be frustrating. Falke polarizes a lot of matchups, and I know my tournament strategy would just be to switch characters if I got matched that way.

That’s part of why I kinda stopped running Abi in ranked. Too easy to dice roll into a shit matchup.

1 Like

True. I only think she real hard loses to like 3 or so characters and I also play Ibuki (and will mess with Kage soon) so for tournaments I wouldn’t have much an issue.

I kinda wish they would allow loser to switch in ranked.

But I know why it works how it does.

1 Like

I think that would only work if ranked was mandatory best 2 of 3, which frankly it should be but whatever.

2 Likes

I don’t see how Gief bring salt though.

The only thing that makes you salty vs Gief is if you get command grabbed one after another.And if that happens is your fault really.

All characters can cause salt but I don’t think Gief is up there with Mika for example.

Yeah, but I think that would be okay, for ranked at least. Also, don’t hand out points until the whole set is over. There’s no difference between a 2-0 and a 2-1 from a match perspective really.

You would get stuck losing more to shit connections, but that cuts both ways.

all this talk about Bison but who I really want to get nerfed are Ryu and Nash, specifically their dash animations

Actually, I want Zeku’s post hit animations nerfed.

Do his EX DP and try to visually tell when that recovery is over.

Yeah the 2-1 vs 2-0 point wise is one of the main reasons you get one and done’s.

1 Like

True. I’m okay with a “concede” option. But that’s different.

If it took a match to download, or I needed to switch characters, that should not matter to points. Also, if I random out a set, but still lose. Why should I lose less points? A loss is a loss.

Gief’s salt is pretty much the same salt as his SF2WW/CE salt. He doesn’t have green hand so he’s a wall that closes and if he closes well…problems.

Tbh I face characters like Akuma,Rashid,Cammy so damn often I got good playing vs them.

Match me up with lower tiers like Vega,Nash,Ed and more problems start.

Anyone having same issues ?

3 Likes

spastic Ryus are the bane of my existence but I guess that isn’t only me

1 Like