SFV FAQ/INFO: BETA is LIVE. Stay up late Tuesday Night. NEW CFN LAUNCHES 9PM PST/12AM EST

Nice, 1.04 update, its 1.7Gb.

I still haven’t gotten a beta code for SFV from GMG. Gonna have to look into this.

Ah, I found the activation code for the game and now it’s in my library. I wonder when they’re going to let us download it.

**Decided to go ahead and make a google document outlining the basic gameplay functions of SFV. ** Did this as there’s still a lot of things gameplay wise that people don’t know or frequently ask. This way everything I know or find out can just be listed in one document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EynGiN9it10MLvN_L88G9Eu-4nzjGxgMO9FIElG-pK4/edit

Let me know what you think and I’ll be adding the meter based stuff later. Just wanted to go over the basic basic stuff that I haven’t really seen covered in a lot of video based stuff. You’ll see small things that you probably didn’t notice like how putting someone in block stun freezes the stun meter/build (which I don’t think happens in other SF games).

The freeze also exists in SFIV. And throws are 3 frames in SFIV, they were 5 frames in SF x T iirc.

Oh ok. Oh and yeah I fixed the throw comparison with the games already.

So do we know the actual time the beta starts on the 22nd? They said times would be specified later but that was back on Oct 7. Wondering if they’ve said yet. They haven’t on capcom unity, we’re only 3 days away now.

Nothing has been specified yet and they also said that the date/time is subject to change. It’s likely they won’t change anything, but they are just waiting to get the ok to release the specific time it will be open.

If I order and pay for it on PS4 today will I be guaranteed to get access to this weekends beta?

I don’t see why you wouldn’t. Especially on psn if you buy it online and download it, you seem to get immediate beta access just by virtue of buying it online with no further action on your part.

I bought the game online about 3 days before the first beta and I didn’t have to do anything to play in it. I just downloaded the game and I was good to go.

Shouldn’t have any problems, though I would call Sony to confirm just incase.

Thanks guy’s think I may take the risk over subjecting myself to Sony’s call center, will inevitably pre order at some point anyway.

I pre ordered but can’t seem to pay for it

Yeah, the other guy earlier in thread was having a similar issue where he could pre order it but wasn’t letting him pay. Not sure if that will effect your ability to play in the beta or not.

On the listing for SFV on the PSN, if you scroll down at the bottom to “Other Items” or some shit like that, you can see the listing for the SFV beta there. See if it shows you as already owning it and if you can download it.

Will check but I initially asked the question because I read that capcom had removed the beta access pre order incentive after the problems with the first beta test and just switched it to application (which I did a few week ago, since closed). I saw what the other guy said but I had funds in my account. Will try again later and look for that beta on the other items page but from memory before I’m pretty sure it wasn’t showing on my system.

Seeing that this beta period is for PC as well, I pulled the trigger just now on the prepurchase on Steam. I should be able to get in on it since I have it ‘bought’, right? Also, will the game run on Windows 7? I’d hate to have to move to Win10 just to play this thing.

You should be fine with Windows 7. Its a steam game so should be fine. Killer Instinct is the only upcoming PC fighter I know of that requires Windows 10 since all Xbone games are run through their online gaming service.

If you pre ordered you should be good to go.

I’m not sure about which version of Windows you need, but what sucks is pc guys will get less time with the game than console it seems, or did that change due to backlash?

If there’s anyone whos going to stand up to backlash its Capcom and overall PC players seem way too content for Capcom to budge. There isnt a flood of people being irate on twitter or anything. Lot of people who want to play this game already have PS4s.

PC master race only gets 2 days. Have to hold dat L. I have both PS4 and master race and honestly Karin is the only character I want to play so I really can’t “play” until Saturday regardless. If you have a PS4 but only want to play Karin or Rashid its gonna feel long either way.

Heres the system requirements. Long as you have 64 bit Windows 7 you’re good.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.6 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
Video: Nvidia GTX 480 or higher
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard chipset
DirectX: Version 11
Internet: Broadband connection required

And here’s what you’ll need to hadouken a guy in the junk really hard:
Recommended specs below
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Video: Nvidia GTX 960
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card or onboard chipset