SF4 @ Chinatown Fair

The Japanese have been paying 100 yen forever. 1 dollar arcade machines should come with bill slots though.

The CF cab takes dollars.

a WIN LIMIT? ughhhh

^^^ that can be a good thing. No need to have somebody cheesing everybody else because they played the game first and nobody else did. Or somebody nut hugging top tier characters ala 3S (some dude had like 20wins with Yun SA3).

Believe me when I say, that CTF have ALOT of tier whores. Just look at dudes in 3S, MVC2 and Maybe T5 and CVS2. All you see if ken/Yun SaIII Cable,Mag, Storm, Sentinel. etc. You’ll be thanking that win limit later on. Bet you.

Wow, I said I’d never go back to CTF but I guess I will be going there again
cuz I’m feanin for SF4…I’ll wait for school to come back in so I don’t have to deal with the lil kids hogging the fun, thanx for the info.

I think that if you factor the treatment this game is getting (when was the last time Henry built two custom SIT DOWN cabinets with link play, AND picked up two 32" HD screens?) that a dollar to play is a bit of a bargain. I don’t know what the other US setups look like, but I don’t think anyone else is giving it the star treatment like Henry has.

Kei was going to come out with me. We’ll be out there when the machine is working. East Coast Gief will be resurrected!!

Is it any surprise that when Gief is th emost broken hes ever been that Kei comes out of the woodworks? LOL!!

Anyway, let me know how it goes. Hope you guys enjoy it, ive been playin a little in Japan for the past 2 weeks or so.

a win limit? thats fucking bullshit. pretty much ctf makes more money off sf4 if someone streaks to 6 because after the limit 2 people need to put in a dollar. how would u guys handle it, make the person who streaked get in the back of the line or put in another dollar?

Hey now, we’re playing to win. And I plan on playing Dictator. Gogo top tier.

Everyone else is using standard h2h cabinets. If anything, we’ve got the closest thing to the JP setup(although, TGA is getting the actual cabs). And since they look sexy, I approve. :tup:

who cares if people tier whore, christ.

edit: i hope in due time we get a 2nd set of cabs (which are not networked together so we dont have network bullshit because thats fucking stupid), and the price hits 75 cents, and theres no win limit. lol. im not expecting any of this immediately cuz cf needs money and i completely sympathize with that because id rather they be in business.

i’m almost sure its back of the line. i dont think the message is “put more money in because you’re too good”

Aint nothing wrong with that. Im playing with dictator as well. (I LOVE charge character) But Dictator takes some SKILL to be good with and last time I check he doesn’t have a super where he can he can do :r: :hp: :r: :mk: ad neaseum and get an 11 hit combo. (Im talking about Yun’s Genei-jin)

So Im cool with you playing dictator. just dont get mad when it loses to My Guile/Claw/Dictator! :razz:

Being closer to where I live makes CF sexy by default.

I haven’t been to The Break in quite awhile. Months, if not at least a year or so. Maybe I should poke my head in there and see if there’s any buzz. Old stomping grounds probably still smell the same after all these years. I’d think that

Nostalgia is hitting me hard. And to think that Evo has already passed. This is my next “big moment” in my gaming life, and I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things with SF4.

That’s not the same thing as net lag my friend. The networked cabinets work the same as any cabinet with multiple screens. Splitting the signal is not going to degrigate the transmission of button presses, stick clicks, or cause lag on one screen over the other.

The SF4 cabs that were at evo, were each running a complete game, and running a network game between the two.

Since it’s not through the internet, I assume the lag is at an irrelavant level. FPS and RTS are done that way professionally, and I never hear lag complaints.

thats not what i was talking about, if someone just decideds to play “beginner” mode it fucks over pretty much everyone in line for like 20 minutes.

The cabs definitely look beautiful, too bad there was still a prob with the dollar/coin slot in one of the cabs. It was pretty funny having everyone oooh and aaah at Seth’s broken shit.

i dont think dictator is top tier

you want sagat :slight_smile:

I just got back from CF and SF4 is awesome! I haven’t read the whole thread completely, so forgive me if I’m repeating anything that was said earlier today.

The cabinets are where the big 3rd Strike cabinet was. Henry removed one of the Tekken 5 DR cabinets and placed the big 3rd Strike where it was. They are custom Japanese sit-down cabinets (as Henry said in the first post). There are no card readers or internet rankings since the network is Japanese and CF doesn’t have internet. The game is $1 a shot and $1 to continue with a 6 win limit.

We were using the stools that were being used at the Tekken machines. I’m not sure if those are temporary, but they were fine while we were playing. I actually only got to play once since the line was so long, but I was second to play after James.

The screens are awesome. They’re Samsung plasma TVs. I believe they’re plasma, they could be LCD but they looked like plasma. The game is running at the max of 720p and it looks amazing on the screens.

Henry entered the Akuma unlock code, so we can play against him as the CPU ONLY. He’s not playable. For those of you who were worried about him only being unlocked via the network, there is also a password system in the operators menu that allows for unlock codes.

One thing that I found a little confusing was that it didn’t matter which cabinet you’re playing on, whoever presses the Start button first is player 1. So even if you’re playing on the right side, you could still be player 1. I know that’s miniscule, but it’s basically the only con I could find in the setup. Anyway, enough with my jabber, here’s pictures!!!

Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21 Explore icycool21

The look on 3S players faces when they found out that fireballs work = priceless.