Seth In SSFIV

The recovery of U2 annoys me a lot. What does it leave you at when the ultra hits, +2? Your not in a good spot if you did an ultra combo in the corner.

That’s exactly what’s been bothering me for a while now. For a super-rush-down-mix-up-arsehole-character like Seth, having to sit still until your opponent gets up is REALLY frustrating.

Just want to say, seths arms in SSF4 is stil godlike IMO. People still ragequit on me.

• Long arm nerf, not really a nerf, they are still good, I can live with it
  • Dive kick nerf, I am over it long time ago
  • Ultra 1 nerf, it didnt do mutch damage when they got hit by a fireball, and it was very cheap.
  • Teleport nerf, oh this is the only nerf that is hauning me. I hate this nerf!

the recovery on the teleport is much longer, right?

Typhoon has its limits with me, at times I wished I had Ultra 1 instead (whatever it was called)

Point-blank, Cammy can Ex Spin-knuckle through Seth and end up on the other side of him for a free punish. Keep that in mind if she isn’t close enough to do that, she can mash out back-dash and escape for a free punish.

After seeing OnlineTony do it first, I score chip kills by doing an SRK, FADC, stomps and then dive kick. Because Seth lands before the opponent and because the dive kick resets them, you can Typhoon and most characters have no option to get out so they either get chipped to death or their counter gets eaten up by the Typhoon and they take it full damage.

Does this do more damage than srk fadc ultra 2?

That sounds reasonably lock-down, but wouldn’t the reset consititute reversal properties for your opponent? Given say it’s a Cammy player with 1 Ex Bar ready to either Ex Spin-knuckle on landing?

If they try to unsuccessfully counter the Tanden Typhoon, then yes, otherwise probably not. I should also mention I cannot yet do srk fadc ultra 2 well enough (sometimes get teleport backwards etc) so just stick with stomps, at least with this way you do get a reset.

I did say that most characters have no option to escape, Cammy is not most characters in this case, lol.

I know your pain. I’m going to actually practice and go into the Training room for a bit in a next few weeks, but I’m hoping to be 100% consistent come Evo. I’m only about 70% as of this moment.

Touche, and I completely agree. Cammy is a little slut.

I like to do sonic boom FADC dashforward > Ultra 2. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but if they’re in the block stun of the sonic boom (which is an extra 15 chip damage) They can’t activate anything and get pulled into the ultra 2. This has worked really well for me so far.

Thanks for sharing, that seems like a pretty tight setup for 2 bars. I’ll give that a go in future.

I’ve been doing that alot lately to actually land the ultra, but I never thought to do it to guarantee the chip.

Fun!

dunno if people have already realized this, but the reason you sometimes get EX SRK isntead of teleport is because you can’t activate teleport with negative edge. This also explains why I most of the time get EX tanden when I try to mash out a teleport on wake-up…

Hate guaranteed chip from Ultra II. As far as I can tell there is literally nothing that can be done about it :frowning:

I hate that shit, but thanks for sharing, never knew that.

Unless you have a teleport or some other character specific escape.

You make it sound as if Seth can chip KO you from 50% health or something. If a Seth player has got your health so far down that U2 chip would KO you he’s probably already had to work twice as hard as your typical Ryu player.
Also research still ongoing as to escapes each char has.

I hate people who say Seth is cheap :frowning:

Seth is cheap. Cheap like those knock-off toys made in China that break after you play with them 3~4 times.