Seth In SSFIV

Well, Super is probably the last game we’ll see him in in my opinion. And about him needing buffs…I don’t even think he needs them, it’s just the people need to adjust to the changes, I’m still able to play Seth like I could in Vanilla, but I can rush down better because of U2.

Abuse his ground game, tick SPD’s are no joke.

I sometimes don’t feel like doing SPD on people when I’m rushing them down because then I have to work hard to get back close to them since I can’t just teleport mix them up on their wakeup now. :frowning:

If you SPD, dash forward and walk a bit, depending on how far you walk, it’s an ambiguous j.hk, then they’re back to guessing if you’re going to SPD or keep going with a combo…

SPD doesnt help at all though. Not with jabs and grabs seem to have better priority for all command grabs except abel and gief. (the grab thing may just be me…). He needs more life or he needs his teleport back. It has absolutely no offensive purposes anymore whatsoever which is stupid.

i love that song, b4u. i knew all the steps on heavy in ultramix 2 is that bad :confused:

uhh

your timing needs to be tighter if you’re getting jabbed out of tick spd

Oh shit…Its you that did those Tandem setups lol. Do they still work?

Reason I ask, is that Seth Can do Both Ultras after an EX tandem engine.

teleport and dive kick nerf gave me diabetes.

idk ill check later tonight, but the dive kick nerf will probably kill all of them T_T

Cool, I’ll keep that in mind.

Noob alert.

I was never good with Seth anyway. Teleport mixups? As efficient as Lindsey Lohan at a D.A.R.E lecture. BnB combos? Cr. MP into Legs is the best I could do. I’d blame the the pad, but no…my Seth is ass, so for me, I’m just looking to get better with the tools he has now. Any tips for those sticking with Seth on what is the proper way to play him for SSF4? Seems harder to play keep away (which I don’t do anyway)…as the jumping FP sometimes doesn’t even land where it would in Vanilla.

I do recognize the nerfs though. Seems like the nerf stick hit him the hardest. Obviously, he was way too dominant around the tourny scene.

I’d love to know who was taking him deep into tournaments besides Josh, Tony, and Arturo.

why did they fuck seth up :crybaby:

Damnit people stop bitching about the nerfs. They’re not gamebreaking. The teleport and ultra nerfs are the only ones that really matter because the j.hp and divekick nerfs are inconsequential. The teleport nerf hurts yes but against most characters you can still hyakuretsu -> EX SPD/DP mixup. You’re -3 on a teleport after a hyakuretsu quick stand so unless they have a 3-frame reversal or you don’t have meter you can still apply pressure that way. Unlike almost all other characters in the game Seth’s damage is exactly the same as in Vanilla. Because of Ultra 2 and lower damage Seth’s rushdown is better than it was in Vanilla. Seth still has the reset mixup off of the divekick which is ridiculously in Seth’s favor. He still has the most invincible DP in the game, only now it’s even more glaring because other characters’ DPs got nerfed.

Seth’s Tanden Typhoon is basically free every round. It doesn’t do that much damage by itself but it gives Seth 500 damage combos, which makes reversal DP a dangerous idea vs Seth. You can AA with ultra 2 easily.

Seriously if you lose with Seth in Super it’s your own fault regardless of the matchup except maybe against Fuerte. He didn’t need ultra 1 to win.

word man. Seth is still the boss.

This, understand how to do tick SPDs before bitching that they’re bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice post, I’ve been feeling that I’m more free to be aggressive in Super…I like it.

Guile says hi. He was a horrible matchup in vanilla as it was, and now it’s even worse. It’s a contender for 8-2.

This should go in the Matchup Thread, but it’s a little quiet over there.

Had a session with a couple of my friends last night. Found out that Ibuki’s Raida will punish Seth’s Full Screen Wall Jump. Not that you should be jumping full screen all the time with Seth (though I feel the percentage is more without Teleport being good), but Raida beats out Wall Dive Headstomp, rh, j.mp anything out clean.

Even then, Seth has a lot of ways to get out of the vortex.

I disagree completely. If Seth gets the life lead Guile is screwed. He can’t do anything about neutral jump fierce if you space it correctly. And then if you manage to knock him down he loses flat out. The big thing is that you can never jump at Guile ever but Seth doesn’t need to jump at Guile to win.

seth has an srk and an spd… the two best specials in a capcom game. hes still good.

Yeah, can’t Seth just outzone Guile?
And in the latest (or a recent) Arcadia vanilla SF4 matchup list, wasn’t it 7-3 Seth’s favor?