Seth In SSFIV

cr.HP xx lp.SRK > Tanden Typhoon does 416 with full ultra, 343 with half ultra

Are there any tweaks in particular that make Bison even better against Seth Sabin?

I heard cr.HP is a great anti-air and HK now has an even better vertical hitbox. I imagine U2 is great for punishing Booms too.

his psycho crusher is really good now too, it can cross people up now on wakeup.

is seths ultra 2 now the definite better option? considering that you can’t do ultra 1 with a boom on screen anymore.

I’m considering still using ultra 1 on some characters. Blanka will still definitely get Ultra 1 because it punishes his balls on hit. Seth will get ultra 1 with me because it punishes j.hp and fireballs. Sagat will get ultra 1 because Sagat without fireballs is really bad. I like ultra 1 vs Akuma because it punishes fireballs and teleports. Dhalsim can’t yoga snipe if you have ultra 1 and no fireballs in his game shuts him down a lot.

Guile, Rufus, Balrog, Chun Li, Gen, Ken, Cammy, Dan, Sakura, Adon, and Hakan off the top of my head will probably get ultra 2 just because either ultra 1 is hard to land or they have bad wakeup options so landing ultra 2 will be easy.

If you can save for super, then I’d say ultra 2 is the better choice because Seth’s super kinda works a a replacement for his 1st ultra. It’s fairly easy to punish fireballs with super and it does more damage than ultra 1 fully charged. I personally do not use seth’s ex stock very much, although I know it’s essential for higher level play (safe srk into headtstomps etc).

Yeah… all of my EX meter is reserved for mixups either with EX SPD or DP FADC. Basically my philosophy is that if I can hit someone with something by spending meter then I should do it. Damage > meter.

Although this may change for me if I want to save 2 bars to threaten DP FADC ultra.

I waste A LOT of meter and I’m still able to get super most rounds. Seth builds up meter pretty quickly, so I don’t consider that an issue.

I still feel like I’d be using U2 vs Sim just because once you get in on Sim it’s so damn hard for him to get out, and once you do get in you might already have Ultra ready, just seems like a better choice in that matchup although it can be less consistent…and on meter usage for Seth…

If I have the meter, I use it, just because he builds it so damn fast and dp FADC and sonic boom FADC teleport is so damn good with him, it seems foolish to save all that meter with him, even with EX lightning legs you can shut down mid screen fireballs, unless they nerfed the invincibility frames on it in Super…

I can confirm with numbers. Went into training mode with Seth as P2. Smacked him around and added the numbers up or each hit (He didnt heal). When Seths health hit 0 i added the numbers up and got 750.

Yeah, thanks for the ultimate confirmation. Good shit.

Seth feels too different in Super and not in a good way…

His nerfs make him harder to play the way I want to play and the way I’m used to playing him. In my opinion Ultra 2 is not worth the nerfs, you get no mix up after landing it, unlike stomps into dive kick and it does crappy damage when combo’d into. The vanilla Ultra 1 (with boom trap) was better and you got a mix up oppertunity after landing it. Also Ultras don’t do any stun right? So you would build more stun doing stomps into dive kick. Like Sabin pointed out alot of characters buffs now make it harder for the new “weakened” Seth in those match ups. Jeez, it wasn’t like our man Seth was top tier… Capcom doesn’t wan’t you zoning so they nerf jump fierce alot, but then they nerf teleport and dive kick as well so we can kiss that mix up rushdown goodbye. So Crapcom have made him worse, so give him some more health and/or better damage output… NO. I hate to say this guys but I hate playing this version of Seth after playing as the vanilla Seth since day one, I don’t think I can accept what he has become… also someone said Lightning Legs did less stun, I wasn’t in training mode so couldn’t test this, can someone confirm?

puts plugs in ears to avoid getting swayed before playing the game

@CEO

It just goes to show that capcom listens to the whiners. Seth is nowhere near top tier, yet he still gets the crap nerfed out of him. They put his best zoning / offense tools in the toilet and so they give him a lacklustre new ultimate which will have far less utility than his ultra1, despite its nerfs. Sigh. Goodbye seth… you used to be a good character… once…

/end melodrama
seriously though, yeah I don’t know if I can stomache playing seth anymore with his nerfs coupled with the buffs of the rest of the cast that will basically drop him off the face of the earth in terms of tier lists.

@ Zeekin

Yeah so why did Capcom listen to the whiners? Honestly, since I played Super I’ve had a sleepless night just thinking about this. Why listen to people who obviously know nothing about the character? I bet Sabin and OnlineTony were not consulted, you know people who actually know about Seth…

I feel like Capcom hates us Seth players and I feel discriminated against because I like playing as Seth.

Question for someone who has ssf4 already: Does seth’s sonic boom still have the same hitbox, so for example it will hit people trying to hurricane kick? I guess it really should, but with other seth changes I’m worried just how much he’s been nerfed.

Got to finally play SSFIV last night. My crew and I had a 6+ hour session.

Seth definitely is changed and I noticed it right away. It was sort of jarring how differently I had to play him because Teleport Mixup wasn’t even worth doing anymore.

J.hp was also pretty ugly. I also found myself picking Ultra 2 a bunch because of the trap being taking out of 1. Being able to FADC Shoryu xx Ultra, Corner Setup Ultra, j.mp xx Ultra, was worth it to keep playing that with this “new” Seth.

Also anyone who has tried it on Super, is the Super juggle off j.mp/headstomp/whiff dive kick completely gone? I missed all 3 times I tried it.

Definitely going to sit with Seth on Mon midnight/Tues to see if I want to keep playing this way. I like Ultra 2 a bunch because of all the setups but Capcom really taking away our best Mixup/Zoning tools is pretty lame. I could understand if they took out Teleport Mixup to make Seth more of a Zoning character, or took away j.hp to make him more of a rushdown character, but they took away BOTH, which doesn’t make sense.

EXACTLY! Crapcom don’t want us to zone and they don’t want us to rushdown, they want us to lose and stop playing Seth.

Already having to deal with 750 vitality and stun wasn’t enough, now we’ve lost our best edges to even win in a match.

I guess it is now time to really look for other openings…