Seth In SSFIV

In the SF4 series, an Ultra can make or break a character. Look at Fei Long.

I predict UC2 will be the key to competitive Seth play in the vast majority of matchups. UC1 will likely still be used against, say, Blanka.

Just watch the damn videos, it is just some frames. he can still escape with it, but cant teleport behind after a sonic boom and combo.

Its only france. This gay people always whine about seth. I almost only play against french people becuse they always have good connection, and they all complain about seth being “forbidden character”

I understand that, but I kinda wished he could stand on his own diabetic legs. I didn’t really want him to become a “ultra-monger” character. If that’s what awaits, fine, I’ll accept it, but I hope it isn’t. Right now I’m worried about the dev blog speaking of doing something to his offense game, with a slight hint of NERF.

And yes, its true: The french whine a lot about Seth. A LOT.

I think Honda is the best character in the game that doesn’t really need an Ultra.

Never met you b4. Admire your dedication to Seth. Seem some vids of your play. Decent stuff.

As for Seth, looks tho he got nerfed. I am on a wait and see basis now. I will still play him regardless tho as I loved the challenge Seth has to offer.

That’s because he doesn’t have one.

This is why I started playing to begin with - the challenge. The chars giving me the most trouble are the current top tiers (Ryu, Sagat, Balrog, Akuma, Cammy …basically any DP char is good at messing me up). Quite boring match-ups are Blanka and Gief, they basically reduce you to turtling out the win, unless they really suck.

Maybe SSFIV will look brighter for Seth since they toned down some of the old top tier chars and those DPs. Only time will tell.

In any case, I don’t see myself letting go of Seth. He’s just too much fun to play, regardless of the tiers!

akuma, otherwise yeah

also i agree with jinrai. i had mentioned sagat as a matchup where UC1 would still be used, and blanka is a good call too. a lot of that is going to depend on UC2’s speed & effective range, which we really don’t know yet.

overall i still think seth is going to be stronger in super. he’s going to live off of ultra but he already did before anyway, and now he’ll be able to do it in more matchups!

I dont know if this has been posted already ( I looked) but heres a seth vs gief for super.
[media=youtube]UyM_7I1uIew"[/media]
Not much we learned here and its a big disappointment that we didnt see seth duck any of the lariats because I wanted to see if it still hit seth cause of his large hitbox. This seth played risky too but ill add some clip notes to the fight

At 0:27: Either the gief missed the timing but it looks like trade lariat into EX green hand doesnt work anymore?
At 1:51: Now this is interesting. It seems like the gief had the right idea to punish the teleport with ultra but it whiffed…or did it miss? See isnt seth considered airborne after the white flash of the teleport? I mean you can see that seth drops to the ground after the white flash, so can gief punish a teleport with ultra? we will have to wait and find out. Also, thats some good damage of ultra2 for seth!
At 3:23: Again you can see gief couldnt block after jumping in on that ultra! so it does work just like super! THIS…IS…DELICIOUS!

Thats about it. Not much seems to have changed in the match-up. Still, I wanted to see if we could crouch on his lariat like ono said. oh well.

hes not considered airborn during tp recovery

alrighty, good to know.
BTW, wtf is up with your avatar? creepy as shit.

Ughhhhhhh

i’m sorry you’re not enough of an SRK anime nerd to get the joke…actually…no i’m not. i’m very glad. LOL i think i’ll change it now, its been forever. feels weird.

is there any video footage that shows how seth can combo into ultra 2?

Yea Seth Ultra 2 looks to do decent damage.

IDK the damage when comboed tho but hope it is decent.
But it looks to be a really good AA especially with the Vacuum effect.(which may help in cases of Viper, Ryu, Ken and Akuma with Air moves.)

From my knowledge no, Hopefully we get some this weekend.

i guessing 1 generic way would be FADC

i was under the impression that anywhere you can combo stomps, you can swap them for utlra2

damn its looking like seth sucks. but hes so damn fun to play i won’t be dropping him.

:wtf::wtf:

have the really nerfed seth that bad? he has next to no life they should of left him with his tools