Seth In SSFIV

yeah art, i’ve been working off the assumption that seth unblockable won’t be a factor in super, at least not in the long run. even if it works at first, i think theres gonna be too much pressure from scrubs to patch them, and we all know SF4 is a scrub-catering game. =/

and anyway, couldn’t you get unblockable ultra 2 from SPD at least? or am i not understanding the vacuum properties somehow?

also i love the fact that you can’t have boom + super or ultra 1, but you CAN have boom + ultra 2. i think capcom heard ppl be all like “seths ultra is amazing, that new one cant be any good!!!” and wanted to mindfuck us or something

and speaking of onlinetony thats something else i forgot to mention in my last post…ultra 2 is really gonna make his style THE way to play seth. he wont be an arturo character anymore heh

EDIT!!!: filipino champ says his teleport has way more recovery now. hrm…well that would tip the scales even farther toward ultra 2 if true lol

I really really liked U1. The comboability of U2 will be cool, because I love me some rushdown and a little extra damage cap won’t hurt. Not to mention, it seems to have some depth to it – Ill be stuck in the hyperbolic time chamber for a while.

But I love how I can really get in dat ass halfway through a match, then back off and play on the mindgames of U1, even if I never land it. It just makes zoning so much easier. Whatever…the ultra trap was only part of why I like it. But it’s just a lil bit of flavor thats gonna get left on the cutting room floor.

I’m 2 months behind the curve here…what other confirmed changes do we have as of now? I only remember fast retracting j.HP from the early video (where we first saw U2)

Yes ultra 1 still has its uses but…damn, the comboality of ultra 2 along with the damage and set-ups seem so much better than U1.
IMO it seems like U1 will be for the defensive style of seth users while U2 will be for the rushdown types like me and onlinetony.

other than U2 and faster arms, not much has changed to our seth…that we know of yet. That can be a good or bad thing depending on your POV.
As soon as I get the game though im going to immediately go into training mode and see what has changed for seth.

capcom blog confirms more recovery on teleport + less priority on jump back/neutral jump fierce, i’m sure we’ll have more once azrael gets his hands on it

like i’ve been saying, it seems like all their changes are targeted toward nerfing the “arturo” part of his game and strengthening the “onlinetony” part…

Hmm agreed. Second U2 seems to suggest playing more of an offensive tricky Seth. Should be some fun stuff once Super comes.

actually i meant the teleport has more recovery frames, so it got nerfed

mainly an issue on defense, not sure how it would affect teleporting after knockdowns

LOL. That was a good analogy Josh. Yeah Filipino Champ said teleport recovery is ass now. Though who cares now cuz Super Offensive Fighter IV doesn’t need good teleports.

wtf? does capcom not like me or something? Seriously :frowning:

Get rdy for me Jinrai!

According to Dhalsim…no. LOL.

Hmm in that case, Cr. HPxxDP+LP–>Ultra 2 is one combo to aim for mid-screen.

I just read a translation of the blog and I’m not liking the idea of his normals doing less damage, but better judgement of that’ll come when I play the game.

If Seth can’t U1 with a projectile on screen then his unblockable should be gone in SSFIV, right? Sagats and the rest will keep their unblockable though!?

That’s not how the unblock-able works, all setups are still in the game including seth’s

But the ultra is what’s causing the flash and thus the unblockable, so to perform the unblockable you need to activate the ultra while the fireball is still on screen, which is not possible in SSF4. So then Seth’s should be gone right? Unless his U1 doesn’t count as a fireball ultra?

wow, according to the latest dev blog translation, Okada thinks Seth does high damage…?

Do people at Capcom even know their own game? :confused:

LULZ the one thing I appreciated about Seth when I fought against him was that he didn’t do much damage. Seth could easily do more damage per combo in Vanilla without being broke. Though this is the same game that whores damage reduction after 5 hits.

seth did good damage…with sonic boom xx lvl2 focus. lol

Now he’ll do 0 damage acording to the devs blog.HYPE!!
Also, Abel’s far lk=40 dmg, Seth’s cr.mp=50.If Seth trade cr.MEDIUM punch with Abel’s far LOW kick, abel is in advantage by FAR.
“that’s what i like to call BIG DAMAGE!”

Seth doing high damage.

Brain does not compute.

It’s just that through the translation the meaning usually gets more ambiguous, combined with the fact that the dev blog itself uses unclear words to begin with.

The comments they wrote don’t necessarily refer to vanilla SF4, they could talk about the new SSF4 Seth only.

The original Japanese word doesn’t necessarily mean damage, as they said “high attack power” and “concept similar to akuma”, which can include rushdown factors and…
Sry for posting here, I’ll stfu now. I have near to zero knowledge when it comes to Seth.