Seth In SSFIV

Howcome it’s unblockable? Cross up and frontal attack at the same time? Has this been confirmed by multiple sources?

Yes it has. It’s unblockable because the Ultra Flash somehow interferes with the hit/block detection. It’s really weird.

Someone should test it and post it on youtube. If they didn’t change anything about it then it probably is in SSFIV.
I think out of the Seth, Rose, and Sagat glitches, SEth seems to be the best of the glitches as his glitch involves a full screen ultra.

It seems you can maybe do this from full screen.

Yea when you play a less popular character. The thread goes slow.
Chun Li is a popular SF character but she isn’t played too often.
Her Ultra linker doesn’t do that much damage either.

From eventhubs:

“Seth:
Life is the same but since other characters do less damage he’s in much better shape. Seth had a lot of really bad and a lot of good match ups. His Ultra 2 means that off his combos he can do a lot of damage and makes him much scarier. Command grab does more damage. He can land Ultra 2 from a lot of things, like where he used to follow up with his Chun-Li Kicks he can now use Ultra 2.”

Woot, That’s actually one change I’d like to see - increased damage on the command grab.

He really didn’t need even more damage potential.

I’m really liking the changes for Seth. Might just have to switch him from sub to main, as it appears my main (gief) got the short end of the stick. They better not have reduced his damage as it that would just nullify any advantage he might have gotten from other character’s reduced damage. I’m glad that his command grab damage got buffed.

Well they took out both his super and ultra fireball traps, that’s kind of a big nerf. They also made his jumping stretchy arms control less distance over time which is a nerf in my opinion. It’s not really easy to see where Seth lands in the tiers right now.

god i hate seth.
i hope he doesnt go up, he is mental bad.

I wish Seth had Urien’s forward throw.

So the arcade is getting Super SF4!

Seth in the hands of the Japanese is a terrifying thought. :wow:

Capcom said before, if there is SSF4 aracade, Seth and Gouken may not be in it.

I don’t believe that for a second tbh.

I have to agree with Doopliss, i dont see any reason why they’d remove Seth and Gouken, they aren’t broken, not even top tier, and Capcom know this. To me that’s just something you read from someone either mis-interpreting a quote or just plain making it up.

But, Seth FTW!! #17 > #21 (is arcade seth #21?)

Low health low damage seth is #15, arcade seth is #21.

Also there is no reason whatsoever to remove seth or gouken from SSF4 arcade release, when characters like Akuma, potentially Dudley, Ibuki and others like Juri looks slightly better than these two.

Dieminion (Seth) vs WorstGiefEVER (Zangief) - Super SF4 preview London

[media=youtube]x5hL3MYVLb8[/media]

That no Seth/Gouken thing was from like a LONG TMIE ago. That doesn’t apply now.

exactly what I was thinking. IF anything, they may just port the same version to the arcade version.
There would be no means to remove them.

Pretty sure that every character fights a different Seth except maybe Abel and Dictator.

[media=youtube]BJIkDu7K7Kk"[/media]

Guy Vs Seth.

Horrible seth player but it has some good tidbits.
At 1:59 seth ultra whiffs but it still sucks in the opponent at mid screen. Looks punishable.
At 2:36 Seth does AA ultra but it looks like it pushes opponents out after a bit even though its still going? Mabye if it was a deeper AA it would’ve caused more damage?
At 4:19 its not seth but DAMN! guy can cross-up throw? plus look at the damage! Crazy.
At 5:50 oh NICE! even if ultra whiffs midscreen, in the air, it still pulls em into the ultra!
At 7:03 HOLY BALLS THE DAMAGE!
At 7:39 Good to see that dive kick is still incredibly safe and good block stun.

Overall:
Its hard to take anything serious from these guys seeing how bad they both were but we got some good info on the ultra and a sneak peek at the match-up for Guy.
Guy doesnt look like much of a threat to seth except for his demon flip. Will have to watch out with our sonic booms cause that damage is unbelievable.
Still ultra 2 is looking like a great AA just like ultra 1. I would say even better now that ultra 1 trap is gone because it sucks in jumping opponents.

Thoughts guys?

The Ultra 2 looks mad good. Ultimate AA properties from the looks of it. The sucking in is a nice touch too if in some random way the tornado doesn’t catch them in mid-air. sonicboom>fadc bait the opponent to jump and ultra 2 anyone? Fufufu.