Seth In SSFIV

[URL=“http://At15%20seconds%20he%20charges%20to%20level%202%20focus”]At 15 seconds he charges to level 2 focus[/media] at the normal speed. So there goes the rumor that his focus got slowed down. Thank God.

Ultras

Do you think Seth will die instantly from full health from a counter Ultra?
Because Zangeif already takes over 70%

Also noticed he got a bit better with comboing from that vid, thankfully not everyone is sluggish to the point where its unplayable.

Seth looks mostly the same as most of the original characters do.

The second Ultra looks really good. Highly rewards Offensive seth players,
The Ultra can combo and is a great AA shown by the vid.

I also like how he bends during the Ultra making him lower to the ground.
The bend seems to makes him harder to hit.

I wish I could see the proper damage of the Ultra.
But the second Ultra makes his up close game even more dangerous.

Both Ultras looks good for Seth. Seth looks good in SSFIV.

any word on ex legs? is it still the same?

Coming in really late in this thread but, anyone know if EX SRK to EX tandem engine works? I just kinda always loved that parlor trick…

Cr. HP, J. mp, EX SRK, EX ENG, cr. hp, legs, 4 air kick reset was my favorite combo in this whole game…

According to this article, you can combo into ultra 2 after ex shoryu and shoryu fadc. I’m thinking the timing will be similar to sagats ex tu to ultra.

Damn. I want some Seth news. All the testers always leave out Seth for some reason.

Anyone knows if they fixed the" teleport after sonic boom turning into an EX-SRK" bug? It’s starting to feel really sad to lose matches by getting ultra’d after being bugged!

This is due to SF4’s engine not cleaning the input buffer @ shorter intervals. No changes have been made regrading input short cuts so I doubt this will be addressed. Nothing a few minutes in training mode can’t fix.

Yah but it also seems to happen in certain random and chaotic situations. Not just only after booms. Makes using teleports highly unreliable.

I mean, if you use the PPP/KKK-button (the game’s built-in macro) it should be impossible to get ex-srk if it was reasonable. Since that’s the exact command for teles.

This is only part of the reason. This happens because of negative edge. You cannot negative edge teleports so if you input the teleport too early you’ll get EX SRK when you release the buttons. The accidental EX SRK happens when you rely on the buffer window too much and you do stuff too early even for the SF4 engine.

I agree it’s not really a big deal because if you just hold down the buttons you’ll never get EX SRK.

That’s because most of the people posting videos are barely able to do stuff with characters that don’t regularly do 15-25 hit combos as BnB

I’m hoping his inputs are a bit less lenient. I don’t think any character has inputs as lose as seth does.

The problem isn’t that his inputs are more lenient. They’re the same. The problem is that Seth has too many special moves. He has DP+P, DP+PPP, DP + KKK, RDP+PPP, RDP+KKK, QCF+P, QCB+P, QCB+K, and 360+P. So the shortcuts get in the way just because if it’s possible for the game to mistake an input it will.

You can’t really fix the problem without either removing the shortcuts or taking away some of Seth’s special moves.

I don’t know Kiku, for example: Zangief requires a 632147+P motion to get an SPD, however if Seth does a 1236+P (or 41236 not sure) he gets an SPD amidst a fireball war.

It hasn’t been happening too much to me lately, but sometimes going from a blocking position to a Boom just makes you hug the ozone layer. i do know that the input overlap is part of this problem, but a db-qcf+P shouldn’t net you and SPD…

I dunno, Gief SPDs are pretty lenient like that too.

I never have that problem. Ever. You must be starting at db and ending at uf or something.

The sonic boom-SPD bug only happens when you input 12369 like Kiku said. Positions which makes you go to the Down back input is after jumping back wards and immediately sonic boom (since you will hit the down button faster, chances are that you hit down back accidentally, then going from 412346 to sonic boom. Usually you wont notice it, but it happens.). To make things worse, you may end the motion at 9 and input the SPD shortcut.

Ways of solving it is really to practice how to start at 2 and minimizing errors. Starting from 2 will almost (humans errors factor aside) nullify you from getting the SPD shortcut. Also pressing the punch slighty before and at 6 will even result to a perfectly excuted sonic boom from any position. In short do not do sonic boom motion so fast, do it as smooth as possible.

I know that this may sound wrong, but even sonic boom input needed to be perfected in order to avoid shortcut input…

damn, whats up with the lack of seth info? :frowning:

It’s ok, it’s like that for most of us. As chun players we have to dig a bit deeper than most to find out if her other, more importaint moves work besides her over rated Ultra 2. Which I do like but everytime someone asked about her the testers only find this move which happens to be the same motion and buttons as Ryus Ultra 1.

Interesting. I haven’t seen an EX Legs into Ultra 1 on SSF4 since Vegas and it’s still a mistery to us. As for the sonic boom into SRK I don’t know but im hoping input delays have been at least tighter to prevent accidental moves, it would be easier to play more offensive without hiccuping.

You guys are probably right and it’s just me doing shit wrong.

Anyways, regarding this new Unblockable Ultra Setup that was found, DrDOgg said on the Juri thread that he was SURE this kind of stuff was still in Super (not surprised, since it was just found out)