Seth In SSFIV

His new ultra does crap damage…in a combo like that, it’ll do crappier damage…

doesn’t matter it will look good and you will feel good

thumbs up

Seth does have character, the fact you think he doesn’t is just your opinion.
All of Seth’s “best moves” are inferior copies of the original moves. He has nothing that is safe. It is how you use them.
You are not supposed to like Seth he is the boss everyone loves to hate.

I would not feel good having wasted my ultra. Outside of a showboating combo exhibition that’s never gonna be worth anything.

exactly that makes it even more fun to use him

That would help the Gief matchup, but destroy him in other matches. He NEEDS his arms.

To be honest, I think the only person that people hate more than Seth is well you guessed it,

Sagat

Let’s say they changed the damage scaling in the game such that when damage scaling reaches 50%; it’ll remain 50% for all reamining attacks/hits; now imagine doing a 300~400 damage combo at the corner with Seth and then finishing with his Ultra II; a 50% stylish combo that if KOs the opponent was worth it.

According to Keno, Seth in SSF4 is supposed to be top tier (but still has the immense life disadvantage + new ultra for offensive players.) If he still has his weaknesses that he had in vanilla 4 (his health makes him too risky,) everything at mid-range footsies is incredibly unsafe,) then I don’t see it. Especially with the new sf3 characters just announced (chars who say fuck zoning and just get in your face and kill you in 1 combo)

Gonna be a lot of bitch running from Makoto. . .

I ain’t running from anyone.

Grated I’ll die, but I’ll be going at it OnlineTony style.

Hayate xx Super > Ultra I will be a 100% combo on seth with Makoto, I’m sure.

Seths new ultra may not have big damage scale on combos

The damage scaling in SFIV works based on how many hits are in the combo, with multi hitting moves counting as one hit. If the same system is in SSFIV then the Ultra will do 80% if it is the third hit in the combo (crouching forward>Hyakuretsu Kyaku>Ultra)

It breaks down like this:

* 100% damage for first and second hits of a combo.
* 80% damage for third hit.
* 70% damage for fourth hit.
* 60% damage for fifth hit.
* 50% damage for sixth hit.
* 40% damage for seventh hit.
* 30% damage for eighth hit.
* 20% damage for ninth hit.

So you can work the rest out for yourself :slight_smile:

Actually it’d do 70% because Ultra counts as 2 hits.

it sucks, I know.

Then its not ‘hits’ is it. Its ‘moves’. In 3s it was hits.

Thats the point, its stupid. He’s not dhalsim.

Its a new game, they can change the character.

Geez…guess you might just have to play like a man for once instead of turtling all day hey?

The new characters are welcome additions for the non-tool crowd. Zoning/turtling was much too big of a deal in sf4.

I wish Seth’s second ultra was that he copied his opponents Ultra.

Oh well.

I think ill be using his new ultra a lot when I play him. Anyone know if you can srk fadc into it? Or anti air jab srk?