Seth In SSFIV

Yep lets see daigo win a tournament with Guile… oh wait
:rofl:

Give him a small health buff, it won’t make him broken.

His super and ultra are excellent balance-wise.

Give him a “tanden banish” and maybe let him restore health using that move.

Another idea for a tanden attack could be “tanden push” to push people away.

Also, lol, I have a great idea for a new ultra. He launches them up into the air, then puts his tanden engine on full blast(pointing up at them), which sucks them quickly toward the ground, then he uses yoga teleport to get out of the way, so that they crash right into the ground behind him, rendering their body into a pink mist.

His super would be balanced if that 1-hit juggle thing didn’t happen. LP super could have some start-up invincibility, but little-to-no vacuum effect imo.

Aside from these glitches and errors, his super serves well as a small combo ender or as a punisher, while his ultra is the ultimate punisher, which covers a lot of seth space controlling aspects. Capcom must use more ultras which trap or take away options like seth’s, dhalsim’s or even chun’s.
I do not know about the super though, but if it beat multi hit fireballs it would be awesome.

His super should cause a vacuum on hit as well, sucking them toward the center of the sphere so you get full damage instead of 6 hit juggle.

edit

oh and use hits on the super to cancel EX fireballs or make seth immune to them for its duration, like with his other engine specials.

This is incredibly wrong. Do you even play seth? I do. I play him pretty well too. Offline, with good players. Sometimes I get 1 or 2, but I also get 3: close match, person that won obviously earned it.

Also, IAT = Instant Air Teleport, RE: Dhalsim

This. Not having a full Super in the corner or on a jump-in is annoying, especially for someone like Seth who needs to hit as hard as he can.

One thing I find hilarious about Seth’s Super is that he is 100% invincible from behind for the entire length of the Super.
Multiple times I’ve done the super catch a jump, but let’s say they use a move in air that moves them behind me. They CANNOT punish me until the super is 100% finished, and even then the timing is tight. The Demon just rubs up against Seth’s back. :rofl:

I don’t have a problem with it, I just think it looks hilarious.
:rofl:

What confuses me is that, if Dhalsim does s,Hk through Seth from behind, he isn’t hit even though his foot passes right through the super.

^ There was a video of it, Bison Vs Seth, I think capcom made full back invincibility rather than front. I think it was intentional by capcom to be find by a player in arcade mode against seth, and make more hate threads about seth saying he is cheap or such. I guess they will remove this glitch.

that would be sagat…and ryu

MORE HEALTH! God, I can’t stress this shit enough. And also, an Ultra combo that actually does good fucking damage.

I say less health, more options. Seth needs more to do in the air.

Random thing I thought today, WHY IS THE STUN SO LOW. Okay, as a balancing factor, you either give the character a low health OR a low stun. You don’t screw him in both ways!? That’s ridiculous!

Also, Super is ridiculously useless as an anti-air. I can’t count how many times today i got just one hit and then my opponent is popped away, free to reversal Ultra.

Lastly, I like the idea of Seth himself having full back invincibility during Super, but why is it that when the opponent touches the actual Dark Void Ball from behind, he doesn’t get hit? It’s pretty weird.

Uh, Seth deserves both. If you get stunned with Seth you messed up because he has such good reversal options it should never really happen.

Then don’t anti-air with the super?

Well reversals don’t matter with 1 combo stuns coming from Akuma, Seth, Gouken etc. Though I totally agree that Seth deserves his current stun, 1 combo stun off of a jump in isn’t really that scary in this game since anything they follow with scales like no tomorrow and it’s only good for getting them back some of the gauge they spent.

Super can anti air, just not in that situation, it anti air’s similar to the ultra, do that shiz at crazy range, not where you can shoryu or EX hyakuretsu Kyakku.

I realize that if I got stunned it was probably me who screwed up, but getting stunned after 1 combo is pretty stupid IMO. I can understand Gief’s headbutt, since that’s pretty much the only thing he has going for him in that match-up, but the other characters shouldn’t have such an easy time getting him stunned. One stun=60-70% if your opponent counts his scaling right. :frowning:

And I’ll try to not mess up the super range so hard…

Akuma with 3 gauges can take you down to less than a quarter health via jump in or Demon flip kick into B&B swapping out EX red fireball for the normal one, then the B&B again. Though Seth’s attacks feel like they do real damage against Akuma so it’s not so bad. Seth Mirrors feel crazy random anyways, and Gouken needs to get weird situations to land his instant stun combos on Seth anyways.

Seth x Seth is the weirdest match-up in the game. There’s just flashing all around, be it a teleport, a boom or a tanden.

Seth vs Seth is the most epic-est match in history (well in SF4 history), the heat is all around the screen, whether they are full screen, mid or close, the tension is at its peak.

Also you can add that thanks to seth extreme and verstile move list, he can be played in plenty of styles: zoning, rush down, grappling ( it happens… ) or preasure. He is the master of ALL!

I doubt it would happen but if Seth gets Aegis Reflector… I’d die a happy man. Urien isn’t in so why not please some fans and make Seth awesome :tup: I know it’s wishful thinking but a man can dream right ? lol

Seth is just proto-Urien anyway.