Seth In SSFIV

Zangief lariat with Dhalsim stretchy arms.

His stomach ball is underused. I think it’s part of the reason why so many people didn’t like Seths’ design. His defining feature went largely ignored outside of his ultra combo and as a result people just saw him as an evil Dr. Manhattan.

Give it more uses outside of super/ultra/that wierd tandem move. The only move out of these three that NEEDS there to be the ball to make sense is the ultra.

Give Seth air fireballs and Tiger Knee. Lower his stun and vitality to 600.

Now the REAL fun begins.

from a seth main. ultra, what the hell. let. this. thread. die.

please.

give seth a pepsiman alt costume

Give him the full suit (alternate costume) and just have the Tanden Engine glow from underneath the clothing, now that would be sick.

Come on we’ve been through this. Imagine how stupid it would look if his arms stretched out of those long sleeves.

Also +1 to Pepsi Man alt. Genius.

Wow, the arms stretching out of the suit would look reeeeally silly. never thought of that. :frowning:

Hey, they stuck with Rufus’ design, didn’t they?

I guess the one thing I really would like to see - as all characters are getting buffs - is an increased juggle limit. 5 is not enough! :<

Tandem should be able to absorb projectiles similar to Roses soul reflect instead of only having crappy invulnerable frames. This way Seth gets use of tandem outside of combos & gets meter for setups & mix ups.

Crouch fierce to J.Forward strong should be able to connect on every opponent. This thing been really bothering me.

Agreed with SaikyoBeast, this thread should be put out of it’s misery fast.

Please redesign Seth completely, give him his own move set that is real boss like, and give him a tuxedo replete with black shoes. Give him some kind of variant of psycho power, let his fists burn on impact or something and let his fierce punch do a small amount of chip on block. Give him his own fighting style which incorporates a good balance of punches and kicks and give him an expanding fireball reminiscent of Bison’s Psycho Field move from the Marvel series. His ultra will be a more high damage version of Psycho Field.

You know what? Im just going to throw this out there , and I am a Seth user myself. I think seth just needs to be completely redesigned or taken off the roster. The whole " give him best moveset in the game but make his health really low " Is a very risky and unproffesional balance idea. Seth must feel like the most unnatural character to fight in this game . Have yet to see a truly good Seth player not get randomed out. " Randomed out" should not be in a fighting game. Either redesign him with his own move set , or take him off the roster completely. Im sure the 4 people that main him and Arturo sanchez will be pissed but seriously , He just doesnt feel right.

I know what you’re trying to say, and yeah, to some extend it is true; The only reason Seth is in any way balanced is because one wrong guess can be enough to completely end the match.

But that’s fine. If you throw Seth and almost any other character into the hands of two absolutely perfect players, neither of which are susceptible to human error, then yeah Seth becomes silly. In real world terms though, the Seth character is something different altogether.

Besides, the low stamina archetype is nothing new.

But dont you think that designing a character that will balance out based on mistakes is wrong? the luck factor being bigger with Seth then any other character is also a magor tripe. Fighting games should be about skill and skill only. Desicions and guesses are part of the game but with Seth it just takes it to an unnatural level.

For example , I would advise you to play a Seth mirror match with anyone you choose. I gurantee the game will be a mess. It doesnt matter about skill levels , as long as both know how to use him in the basic manner , the game becomes nothing but a random luck bag.

And this is still after we have yet to see a TRUELY good seth player. AKA Japanese arcades mago Seth player. The Japanese obviously do not use him , I have watched videos of Sako using him on Desoras videos and that was scary as shit. He is the worste Tournament character to use mainly because of being randomed out so easily at any time. There is literally no balance.

Seth in SF4 =

1. Domination with combo’s , resets , corner resers , dizzy , perfect.

2. Destroyed within 10 seconds and perfected .

There is no middle ground. Highly unbalanced and either destroyed or destroy. If you win it doesnt raelly feel like you deserved it , if they perfect you they dont eally feel like they deserve it.

I deserve my wins. There are really good seth players, maybe not Mago level, but then that sentence applies to 90% of the sf4 roster and is more a statement about the player than the character. You can’t get randomed out with seth as easily as you make out… especialy when tourneys are best of 3, double elimination - as most are. I disagree with everything else you said also.

Huh, what is that? instant air teleport?

“iat” is “I acknowledge that”, I guess…
Like I said before, just because he says sonic boom, shoryuken or laugh as he teleport, or spinning you downward in a pile driver position does not mean it is the same. He is unique on his own and “having everything” is his style.
Almost having a solution with different answers, comboing like there is no tommorow, and controlling the pace is not only his style, but his personality per say. Why do you think he is a CEO?
Besides the zangief match up, he is balanced with the cast, which is a great thing from capcom considering it is the first of SF4 series. Good job Capcom and looking forward for SSF4!

I find seth stupid… we don’t need clone characters in this game

and by we do you mean you, daigo, jwong and the rest of the sf4 scene?