Seth In SSFIV

So should [insert whatever character you play here].

Wtf, that has never happened to me. Sounds like the opponent is put in the same state as if you capture them in the air with hyakuretsukyaku, and then get hit, so that they still is in their hit animation. They are on the ground, but they react to hits as if it was in the air.

It happens if you EX tandem them in an air non-juggle-able state (it happens if you catch them in jumping or other air-borne moves), as in if you normally hit them, they reset to the ground instead of comboing. To be honest it happened to me a lot of times, gladly someone else shared this horrid experience (well, not gladly…).

So, if I were to use a c.fierce, I would only get the first hit? It still launches, but when you’re expecting two hits, and are timing a combo based on that, it’s not fun.
Because I’ve had this happen and, come to think of it, it was usually after an EX Tanden.

EDIT: It may not have been a Tanden Engine, but a focus crumple, as stated below.

Shet belongs in the toilet. :arazz:

the first hit doesn’t launch…

Crying about it won’t help though, you know…

That’s whats confusing. It CLEARLY only hits the opponent once, but they launch up. I was RIGHT beside them, so both hits should have connected. Last time it happened, both of us were surprised by it, so I’m not just imagining it only hit once.
Next time it happens, I’ll make sure to note what happened before.

yeah please try to re-create that

The 1 hit pop-up c.HP happened to me when I was doing some trial some time ago. Can’t remember how though. But at least it means it works on Dan.

I was also fighting Dan when it happened. The plot thickens…

oh

could have been something to do with dan’s focus crumple state.

edit

just tested, yep. that’s one way it could have happened

I went in to training mode as well, and it is Dan’s crumple state. I found that the 1-hit launch happens when the c.fierce comes out as soon as possible. When I mashed on c.fierce after the crumple, it happened more often.

Well, we all know that seth in desperate for footsies. His Cr. mk and far St.mk lacks some priorities and are not worth to go for it. His lack of health makes it even more discouraging to go for footsie game.

His combos are wide and varied, almost as if instead tools for every sitiuation, he gets a 10 sec combo for every sitiuation. He has some good and almost inescapeable resets against certain match-ups, but mix up game of seth is always risky (well he is high risk lol reward character…) but he can deal kinda acceptable damage and huge stun if he suceeded.

A solid character who needs slight tweaks in certain areas, looking forward for SSF4 SETH!

I don’t know what kind of new special he could have but all I seriously want is slightly more damage on SPD, Urien’s F+HP, and make Tandem Engine qcf+k

He needs an air special move imo.

iat.

Seth would be WAAAAYYYYYYYYY too strong if he could IAT.

I would love him to get Goukens charged hadoken, but it would be used in the air (and let him levitate while charging)

For ex, he would get the same ex that Gouken has, shooting in two directions.

Yes I am a dick for wanting Seth to be the ultimate badass.

back to being serious though, Super Jump would be fun with Seth. I am curious to see what new move(s) he will get in SSFIV. Definitely one of my favourite movesets in the game, although his character design is rather boring.

funny thought here…why not give Seth abels f.mk

THE PRESSURE!!!