Seth In SSFIV

i think he means the arcade mode version of seth, who is way better than the seth you can actually play

if you want to get into silly territory with seth and probably annoy a few people in the process, give seth a lariat

What Seth needs is more exibition combos. 3950390563456340 of them. I wanna win with style.

Kikuichimonji: No, I want a heavily buffed Seth available for only local play.

Much like previous console fighters that had uber annoying boss characters that weren’t used in tournament play.

I would hate for a super interesting, albeit broken boss character to be unplayable. That’s the worst man.

I’d rather if any boss characters in SSF4 were playable locally AND online in Player Match exclusively, and even then only if the host enables the selecting of boss characters. I would really love to see the real potential of something like a Super Seth in the hands of a human being.

Gill is a broken boss character, for example, but he has some really fun toys.

Like Dhevil said, why do you want to take my main away from me? :sad:

Don’t make me play some boring shoto like Ryu.

The last thing I want to do is remove anyone’s fun with an uber pumped Seth. I simply want a heavily annoying character available (like SFA2 super akuma) for those that want it.

Clearly not available for any ranked/champ mode, but available (as an opt in with both parties) for player matches and local play. Ranking up some silly combos with big damage is always fun!

Tanden Seth = Shin Akuma
Seth = Akuma

like that?

…are u asking for Cyber Akuma lol?

the moment you put non-playable characters in a game, you create demand for the non playable characters

see SFII for reference heh

not a bad business strategy, but still a shitty thing for a company to knowingly do

Imagine if Seth, Akuma, and Gouki were unplayable in SFIV. A lot of people would have shit hadokens

Something about this sentence doesn’t seem right.

that one took me a minute :rofl:

Well, my point is that since I play competitively you would be taking Seth away from me by making him broken. I would have to pick another, less interesting character.

Not necessarily, if they keep the “main” version of Seth and just add a super broken one to screw around with. I say the odds of that happening are close to zero, but this whole scenario’s hypothetical anyway.

no way. I got a bet with a buddy about Seth 2.0

I’m telling you, it made no sense that there was nothing secret in the character select screen of SFIV. SSFIV will correct that with two versions of Seth, with differrent movesets.

Hell, make him Gen style, and I will have to change my shorts

oh yeah fix the bullshit EX tandem glitch. kthx.

Capcom can make AI Seth different from pickable Seth.

You know which games they did something similar? SFA3, and … Street Fighter 4. So if you want a seperate “boss seth”, that’s perfectly doable.

which glitch is that?

Only problem I have with it is the timing of getting cHP after. That shit gets blocked a lot. I also don’t like that the non ex version is so ass.

the only glitch i can really think of is after c hp in corner it does’nt work but it will off of 6 hit ex srk (not five because of recovery). yea standard either needs shorter recovery or faster start-up.

If you grab them out of a jump, tatsu, or a couple other airborne states, you get one hit and the second whiffs, no matter what it is. Example: Blanka whiffs a vertical ball and I use EX tandem to make sure I catch him to punish. I can’t link into anything because if I try, say, cl.HP xx legs, the legs will just go through him.

After playing as Seth for absolutely ages now, I have to admit Capcom has done a very good job of balancing him in general. In SFIV he is fine as is, he could do with a few buffs that could bring him into Sagat’s, Ryu’s and Akuma’s league, but as things stand he is good without being too good.

I have no idea how he will turn out in SSFIV but improving him without making him OP and also making changes to him whilst still maintaining his style of play seems to be a daunting task.

If everyone in SSFIV will be either improved and/or recieve new moves Seth must also get buffed and/or get some new stuff to remain competitive. Somehow they need to try and improve him whilst keeping his general strengths and weaknesses.

Also I think the matchup chart should not change too drastically and who knows how his new matchups will go? I’m hoping that the worst new matchup wont go below 6-4, but obviously as a Seth player hope for favourable matchups.

Seth is just one piece of a 33 or so character balancing act, let’s hope for the best. I really like Seth, I don’t use any other character and I hope his effectiveness and flavour remains unchanged.

Seth should be unselectable IMO