Seth In SSFIV

How about one Charge Seth and one Command Seth?

In 3S, the only hard opponent is Gill. Well, the shotos sometimes go in rampage mode, but Gill is the only one who is actually hard because he cheats by reading your inputs and has disproportionately high priority, high damage and stun damage. He can be made to switch AI routines though.

ST is just universally hard and grossly unfair. HDR isn’t any different save maybe that the CPU cheats slightly less with the damage handicap. But having Akuma’s AI being totally unaffected by difficulty = supremely retarded.

Seth in SFIV was pretty easy last I checked. The only time I lost to him were with characters I had absolutely no idea how to play.

Man, I still freak out when I fight Ryu in SFII for XBL and i eat a 20 cLP ‘combo’ from Ryu

Seth can be insanely hard at times, and then u see Elf run slide him to death…

That is a very interesting idea. I personally would love to see two different playstyle characters. As it stands, current Seth is a keepaway fireball type character, relying on jFP and FP a lot.
I would like to see a rushdown style Seth…different health/stun, different damage output, etc etc.

Gill is hit or miss: he’s programmed to always go on the offensive if you’re near him (to some degree). If you shoryuken him on his wake-up repeatedly, you can typically perfect him in the first round (if you knock him down before taking damage).

It’d be nice to see the AI in this game hit-confirm more of their specials and be less predictable. It’s not easy doing that of course, but it’d be nice to see.

The CPU also uses old moves(ST ochio during HDR arcade), and apparently reads fake hado’s frame data like a real move.

[media=youtube]tbsmckSPmpk[/media]

Seth just seems like the sort of guy that would use Cody’s Criminal Upper, but I think it’d be funnier if he gave up the sonic booms for mad rocks.

I always thought his projectile would be awesome if it was random. Same startup/recovery/etc, even same hitbox on the fireballs if necessary.

But yeah, I would love to see him hurl rocks and knives constantly.

Worst boss design in a long while.

I was so happy when this thread died…

No gameplay suggestions unless you know what you’re talking about. thanks.

you can talk about how he looks all you want though. cuz his design is silly, even if it’s grown on me in an odd sort of way. no homo.

nothing is more fucked up than hitting your opponent with an ultra from full screen without them even attempting to block, meanwhile they can counter crossups on instinct.

Replacing down roundhouse dive kick with Cammy’s cannon strike, busted or not busted? Especially considering his wall jump.

What would be the point of that? J.d.HK is faster. The problem is that you can’t do it instantly after a wall-jump. I think he should have a special move that can suspend him in the air for a while though, like air EX tatsu.

That’s the point. J d HK is faster, it alters how people need to anti air you, especially characters like Dhalsim who need to have their normals cued for the right time. It makes it so he has options to beat things like back roundhouse more efficiently, also it means that he could have lower risk counter throw maneuvers than attempting to low tech or shoryu as except for random DPs instant cannon strike is going to get reset if they continued their string as opposed to on an inappropriate low tech. Also, the reward for a predicted throw is greater since you can combo off of cannon strike at that height with relative ease. Mainly it would mean opponent mix up becomes riskier for them as even when he doesn’t have 3 gauges for EX DP, EX tandem he can still potentially land a combo if they go for a throw, as opposed to just a DP or EX SPD’s pathetic little chunk. Since on EX it’s enough for Cammy’s ultra to land that means on EX for Seth if it were roughly the same we could get a crouch fierce combo for an additional few hundred damage. At footsies range that takes out shoto crouch forward and a bunch of other low attacks too, and fishing with it is way safer than any of Seth’s current footsies.

So recap:
Footsies
mix up for opponent’s AA timing (Which he currently has, but a lot of things like Rog’s crouch fierce can be done at a point active long enough to hit both.)
more rewarding options in throw situations
Better punish for opponents attempting to throw tech
More combos.
Different ranges that off one gauge he can combo into crouch fierce

in SF games, possibly (even that is debatable though)

I look at other fighting games, and he is nowhere near the worse. Tengu from DOA sticks out in my mind

Tengu was badass, though. Seth is more like test tube kasumi. Boring. We need more crazy bastards for final bosses like in MVC2. They don’t need to be playable.

I’d like to a “local” only version of him: only allowed player vs. player matches (maybe online, but nothing ranked and has to be allowed by both players).

This version = the totally F’d up version (akin to KOF bosses) of him that wouldn’t be allowed online (only if both parties agree to it). Capcom has made some annoying chars for home versions (Super Akuma, SFA2) and it would be just fun to have it with SSF4.

Buffs? Yeah, this thread has many.

I had trouble reading that very compact wall of text, but I get your point. But I’d prefer if they kept j.d.HK, made it possible to do instantly like Rufus j.df.MK, and added Akumas air hurricane kick. That thing is sick XD

If you get rid of j.d.HK, you get rid of j.d.mkx3 xx j.d.HK.

Because Seth is totally better than Sagat, right? Oh wait, no he’s not.

Should we make Sagat only allowed in player vs player matches too?

I wanna see j.d.MK x3 -> EX hurricane kick XD