Sega Stick Appreciation Thread!

I just use VGA cables. Cut the ends off, and solder up a DB-15

Also, this thread encouraged me to check out Macross for the first time. Really impressed.

My VSHG, I love it, and I like it original, no mods for that.
I have this since 2007, serie revised M.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6087/pict0025t.th.jpg

I like old ATA cables

http://www.gshop.com.au/images/ide_133_cable.jpg

Lots of cheap cable. I just get them at the local recycling dump.

Pretty please SEGA?? :sad:
[?X?N??????V???b?g
We are long overdue!

Finally got my HSS wired up and working with my MC Cthulu Boards.

Yet another reason this stick is awesomeā€¦ both DB 25 breakout boards fit in with no modding needed. LOVE IT.

Can I see a picture of the full setup? I think Iā€™m finally going to fold and DB15 my HSS.

Iā€™m out of town for the holidays but when I get back Iā€™ll take pictures of everything. Iā€™m going to buy a better box for my boards as right now they are in a crappy little Michaels box.

Iā€™d definitely recommend project boxing it. I havenā€™t wanted to use any other stick since Iā€™ve finished this projectā€¦

iā€™m project boxing my HSS-0130 with PS-DS1 pcbs to use with my various converters =) will have a pic up in a few days!

Good luck with that!

Sega didnā€™t even manufacture enough Saturn-style pads for the PS2, let alone make any major hardware accessories other than a limited run of Virtua Sticks for the PS3!

As far as Iā€™m concerned, Sega has been blowing it since the end of the Dreamcast.

Itā€™s not so much a lack of respect for their fanbase as being TOTALLY CLUELESS on what to do next!

I have a lot of respect for much of Segaā€™s hardware and software product before the Dreamcast was killed off but frankly theyā€™ve been operating like a chicken with its head cut off ever since IMHO.

Sega or not, [media=youtube]JVZyHDA9I6A"[/media].

I bought 2 more VSHGā€™s! LoL! I love my VLX, but the VSHG is still my favorite! SEGA!! :woot:

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1619/33413254.jpg

Agetec modded with Sanwa for Xbox360

Nice Agetec! My friend accidentally threw out an Agetec I built him for xmas 2 years agoā€¦ Awful, Awful Storyā€¦ So for Xmas this year, I got another one and modded it for himā€¦ I still donā€™t own one of my ownā€¦ Ah well, maybe one dayā€¦

Not exactly stick, but it is Sega, and I know that more than few guys would appreciate this.

[media=youtube]PThsbn1bCFU[/media]

I have two of those, they are awesome for playing Nights on the Saturnā€¦

Theyā€™re MUCH better for games other than Nights. As creative as Nights is, the control is wonky and I never felt I had full control over the character. Still have that game (two copies in fact!) plus the Nights: Christmas special that came bundled with an issue of NEXT Gen Magazine.

The only reason I have two copies of Nights was because in the last store I saw the Sega analog controller in, Meijer, it was much cheaper to buy the controller with the game than separately. I told an employee this didnā€™t make sense and she agreed with me but thatā€™s the way the store handled pricing on the game!

If I were to get another 3D pad, Iā€™d probably get a Japanese version. I always wanted those white pads that emulated the White Saturn digital pad. I always felt that the pads that came with the White Saturn were mimicking the different colored buttons the N64 controller had, too!

The funnest games I played with the 3D pad were Manx TT Extreme Bike (best way to play that game!) plus the Saturnā€™s classic FPS games ā€“ PowerSlave, Quake, and Duke Nukem. Those last three games were developed by one of the few companies (aside from Tecmo with the Saturn port of Dead or Alive 1) that came to grips with the Saturnā€™s wonky 3-D graphics chips = Lobotomy. Sadly, Lobotomy went the way of the dodo when their best software engineers left the company including the guy who designed the excellent graphics engine that was used for PowerSlave and the other two great FPS games released on the Saturn.

The Saturn never really had a chance in the USā€¦ Negative early word of mouth, disgust with consoleā€™s initial price ($400 US!), and the comparisons of early Saturn games versus PS1 first-gen games worked against the system even though in general I liked the Sega games (VF series, Daytona, Sega Rally, VF kids, Panzer Dragoon) much better than their PS1 counterparts (I couldnā€™t stand either Ridge Racer or the first Tekken gameā€¦). Sega games just generally played better IMHO and rewarded you with long hours of enjoyment. I got bored quickly with PS1 games in general. Those of us that stayed with the Saturn and imported games for it found it a much better platform for 2D in general and especially Capcom and SNK fighting games ported to the system AFTER Capcom and SNK released their proprietary RAM expansion cartridges (4MB and 1MB respectively).

I was never fully happy with the PS1 and to this day I prefer the Saturn for its greater versatility and much better control pads. I got over my Sony bias when I bought a slimline PS2 (figured itā€™d be much more reliable than the ā€œfatā€ design and I was proven right!) and found that everything that I hated about the PS1 was fixed in the PS2 including the controllers. DS2ā€™s and DS3ā€™s are much more precise than the DS1ā€™s and 2D games are also better on the PS2 because of the expanded RAM over the PS1ā€™s inadequate system RAM. For that matter, the Saturn was also short on RAM but handled 2-D much better because it had 2-D hardware built into unlike the PS1!

Dudesā€¦ quick question:

Who makes the stock parts on the Agetec Dreamcast stick? Is it someone specific, i.e. Seimitsu, etc. or is it just generic Agetec parts?

Spanks-a-million.

Agetec generics.

Updated the HSS.

After a couple of buddies and I got down on some Vampire Savior for Saturn, a couple of the QDā€™s came looseā€¦it bugged me so I rewired the entire stick with better quality Wire and QDā€™sā€¦

Before:

Only thing I changed Visually were the 2 Start Buttonsā€¦ I donā€™t know why but the yellow has always looked out of place hereā€¦I changed them to White 245mm Seimitsu screw inā€™s and to me it looks much cleanerā€¦

On to the Gutsā€¦

The stick is set up for Project Boxes so I can use it for any system / Game at any timeā€¦

Used 18 Gauge wire with Soldered and Crimped QDā€™s. Tried to keep it a bit more clean this time around rather than just stuffing it into the case.

Nice big spaces to run and manage your wires.

So here is how everything is wired upā€¦

Wired everything to 2 DB-25 Breakout Boards. Run a DB-25 cable to a connector that has leads matching the Pinout number and then the other ends attach to your PCB (in this case a MC Cthulhu ).
Everything fits inside the back case, with no modification at allā€¦This is the reason this is the greatest stick of all timeā€¦

Freshly cleaned and shinedā€¦ LOVE IT.

I do want to get some MVC3 movesets in there eventuallyā€¦

Awesome job!
Where did you get that db25 breakout?

Nice job on the MK stick too. That came out great.
If you find the MVC3 movelist I can print it out for you.