Secret Santa 2020: Giving back during the year of holding down back

Double tanks-giving miracles! Thanks @RagingStormX and @GreyFoxx !

Both of y’all please message me your details ASAP please, wanna do names tomorrow morning.

1 Like

All confirmations are in, will be sending out your Secret Santa assignments shortly, thanks again everybody for participating this year!!!

@killkong1211 , @Darksakul , @spenzalii , @Pencilero , @RagingStormX , and @GreyFoxx

3 Likes

images (43)

1 Like

Assignments sent out, PM me if you didn’t get yours.

:christmas_tree: Thanks again for joining everybody! :christmas_tree:

Now to think of a good lottery bonus gift, hmm… :thinking:

2 Likes

My name over Juri. . . 2020 truly is a cursed year! :mask: :sweat_smile:

Sorry, had three 12 hour shifts this week. Didn’t have much time left to post between eating, cleaning, and sleeping.

1 Like

This thread is about as close to arts and crafts as Tech Talk gets, so you’re more than welcome to top my MS Paint creation.

Obviously not counting the legendary Arcade Stick Art threads.

2 Likes

Maybe, maybe.

Since my initial plan of 2020 was to punch a clock and pursue re-education were sidelined by a global pandemic, I am focusing on online education. Going to resume my Illustrator courses now that I have access to the software again. So maybe I can bash something together in the course of learning to tame that Adobe monstrosity. :rofl:

Illustrator has always been a puzzle to me, and even learning the basics I find it’s. . . still boggling within the Adobe ecosystem; but once I discovered it was an outside product they purchased it became clear why nothing in it makes sense when you come from a Photoshop background.

Grabbed 10 courses during the Udemy black Friday sale, so hopefully I can improve myself and become more valuable as a worker? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

As much as I enjoy having access to a pipe wrench, the world is not Metro City so I can’t act on my true impulse at work. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Where’d you get such an accurate picture of me… oh wait

Well the North Pole is readying a shipment that should arrive a few days before Christmas.

2 Likes

Well the magic elves from the amazon don’t really seem to get the idea of shipping everything in a single order as a single consignment, so, some things may be arriving tomorrow santee

3 Likes

Amazon is weird man.

So I have ordered a bunch of stuff to go together for my SS gift ( some of it stuff I already have).
I originally have it all to be delivered on the same day, but I got notification that I going to get one item tomorrow.

2 Likes

Amazon has really gone mad lately. I mean, if they’ve structured their distribution and processing line to such an extent that it’s more efficient to get shXt out the door - good on them?

However in terms of peace of mind, it’s a bummer. I opted into an Amazon Day, that Prime option where you can specify a day to receive deliveries. This is because of recent porch piracy during lockdown, and I already lost things ordered. However Amazon just disregards the Amazon Day and delivers whenever they please.

It’s a strange thing to complain about. So I used a nearby Amazon locker facility.

Until they botched and handed off a purchase I was looking forward to to the wrong person entirely. Which is odd, because - well, I thought they ran a tighter ship than that. So while I appreciate the possibility of getting a deal on a Calvin & Hobbes hardcover collection, and was really looking forward to re-reading the classics. Some other person ended up receiving my package and Amazon was unable to ship a replacement to the same facility, and unable to ship to a closer Amazon Locker.

To reiterate, it’s an odd thing to be complaining about how quick and efficient Amazon has become; but it’s reached the point now where it’s become a minor inconvenience and more an issue of trust as someone that lives in a high crime area.

I miss the days of Amazon offering the option to toss all of your order into a box, and deliver when it’s ready. In addition to those days when they took some pride in shipping products with adequate packaging so you were not only getting a deal; but you were assured your purchase wouldn’t arrive mangled through the distribution chain.

Combine that with reports of how workers are treated, and I’m considering dropping Prime in the new year.

1 Like

Don’t worry soon one of these drones will just bust through the kitchen window of your Secret Santa and surprise ( scare the hell out of ) them with your gift :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

“Our drones will blot out the sun.” -Jeff Bezos, possibly, in private, or at a shareholder meeting

2 Likes

I am not sure, but I think I got my package from my SS.

3 Likes

Haven’t sent mine out yet, I usually go shopping til resorting to online. Unfortunately while training in El Paso I caught the 'rona which has me in isolation until Saturday.

If I don’t find anything this weekend I am just going to send via Amazon.

1 Like

Damn @RagingStormX take care man, hope you’re okay :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Bloody hell, I know it’s the season of giving but not like this.
Thoughts and prayers are with you man, we’re all rooting for a full and speedy recovery mate

1 Like

Damn!

Take care of yourself. I’m doing my damndest to duck that mug like Neo dodging bullets in the Matrix.

I’m still working on my package. With covid lockdowns, timing my work schedule with when local specialty shops are open is a little tough. Planning to cross a stop off the list tomorrow as I’m off work and can obtain proper rest.

Well looks like Amazon is finally going to send the real part of the gift Tuesday.
Then I can reveal m̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶ my identity to my santee

2 Likes

1 Like