Secret Santa 2020: Giving back during the year of holding down back

Oh no. I mean local place, as in - old world import shop. Owner is packing up and moving in with her daughter in Columbus. She’s been here for a while, but the neighborhood never recovered from the foreclosure crisis; and the pandemic is that - on a national scale.

Gamestop does blow chunks, but I’m going to miss the hidden suburban one I’d swing by every now and then for the rare sale and the staff were generally pleasant. Never crowded. Always clean. Last year they let me in early to grab a Switch for the Black Friday sale after they wrapped up their smoke break. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This was old my old mom 'n pop in Burlingame,CA. Man I miss it. Took care of me from Super Famicom up through Dreamcase/Early PS3 ( plus so much Anime too! )

No pressure, just FYI’ing you guys, passed by my local UPS store today, and they said that tomorrow is pretty much the last day to use UPS or FedEx ground service, and have your stuff for sure make it by Christmas in the US lower 48.

1 Like

Just placed the drop shipment for my Secret Santa, sending the details to Feargus.
And Happy Holidays everyone

1 Like

Sent out SS stuff. Part 1 lands on Tuesday and sadly part 2 hits after Christmas.

1 Like

Now I feel bad for forgetting the name of the local place that held on until about two years ago. They went from multiple locations in the 90’s to one holdout spot in a strip mall for probably a good decade if not longer. Prices were always a bit goofy, but quality was better than Gamestop.

The greatest loss was this brilliant import shop way out in the Western suburbs of cleveland that we’d hit in the mid-late 90’s when I discovered it. You could buy, sell, trade import titles and domestic titles. Damn it was good.

Still a bit salty my buddy traded in his import Toshinden strategy guide out there. It was full of Tsukasa Kotobuki art. I would have bought it off of him for that.

I’m going to make the last purchase push tomorrow afternoon for my package. Then get everything ready to ship.

2 Likes

Mailed out the lottery bonus gift today, ( insert name here ) enjoy your extra TTSS 2020 goodies :gift:

And thanks again to everyone for participating :grin:

3 Likes

My SS should of gotten their gift today

3 Likes

Hope the potential Sydney lockdown doesn’t delay mine too much haha

3 Likes

SS should have there thing tomorrow and the other gift should come today.

4 Likes

I’ll be shipping the goods out soon.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

@Darksakul Thanks for the gifts homie, I almost died opening it because Old Bay exploded inside the amazon package lmao. I inhaled probably a cancerous amount. Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Oh shit, sorry about the old Bay

1 Like

Its Amazon’s shit packaging fault, it got all inside the switch dock too

Oh fuck

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Just checking in to make sure my SS got their gift? Making me nervous here fam. Also going to check my spot to see if my stuff came thru as well. Happy Holidays to everyone!

1 Like

I’ll double check with your SS.

2 Likes

Does the Dock still work?

Also how did you enjoy the game?

1 Like