Sako's Cammy in God's Garden Finals!

Rufus’ dive kick is overall much better than Cammy’s, it may not be quite as good as an EX one, but is 10x as good as Cammy’s normal ones, and much easier to spam and mixup with. He generally has more and safer options for damage, with his numerous Ultra links, and lethal a2a potential. And his EX messiah, while taking 3 meters to be totally safe, still can get him out of a lot of situations for 1 meter, through either clever mind gaming or simple matchup issues. And then he has the whole having 100 more health thing.

However Rufus is hella lame, so none of that matters. Cammy ftw.

You pretty much listed all the reasons most people feel Rufus is superior to Cammy, and I don’t disagree with those things, I’m just saying that a lot of people see those things and over look the areas Cammy has advantages over Rufus. He beats her out in a lot of areas, but there are areas she beats him out in too.

This talk makes me really wish they’d have had Justin Wong in God’s Garden so we could have potentially seen Sako’s Cammy vs. Justin’s Rufus. I think I’d pay money to see that match. Unfortunately since Sako rarely ever enters non-online tournaments the odds of ever seeing this match seem pretty low, but it would definitely give us all a better idea of where she stands in relation to Rufus at the highest levels of play.

does anyone know when the final match will be?

So far all I’ve heard is that “It should be scheduled soon”. As soon as I hear when it is though I plan to update the initial post of this thread with the time and any other details I can get my hands on.

Rufus dive kick is better than Cammy’s but not by much. Cammy’s divekick can stuff DP’s just like Rufus. Cammy’s divekick gives frame advantage on block just like Rufus etc. The only real difference is that Rufus divekick is a few frames faster and recovers a few frames faster but in the end they’re both used the same and the same things can beat Rufus and Cammy’s divekick. They can both be used for the same mixup and the only time Rufus divekick is “much easier to spam” is if you’re using a pad. What makes their divekicks even though is that Cammy has EX divekick which is just gdlk.

you guys are forgetting how easy the mix up is for Rufus on his dive kicks. not only that but Rufus has a million ways into his ultra. imo Rufus is a better character over all.

Yep this may be true. Rufus is a little bit overrated here in the states.
I mean IPW tierlist had him as the best character and for a while. Most ppl thought he was the best in the game.

Cammy may be better than Rufus.
Makes me wanna pick her up again in this game with her slight changes. I played her alot on Turbo and somewhat this game.

In this game tho. Saying she or he is better is not that important as this game is quite balanced.

In the states though, Cammy is way underplayed. I don’t think I saw one on the EVO stream.

So the Cammy vs Rufus matchup is an interesting enough debate.

But what about J. Wong vs. Sako. Yep I would pay, errr, stream to see that match in a flash. Two great thinkers duken’ it out, with simuliar rush down techniques.

Ima be the evil guy and say Sako easily :sweat: Justin cheaps it up. But Sako, is genious like with punishing bad habits.

Any prize for winning this tournament? Or just bragging rights?

Well, two of the best Cammy players both lost to Ricky Ortiz, so ;P. They were close matches though.

Best? They’re not Sako so they don’t count.

YES NOBODY THAT IS NOT SAKO PLAYS CAMMY, THIS WHOLE FORUM IS A LIE. We’re talking about in the US naturally.

I’m not sure what players you are talking about, but Momochi revealed that he wasn’t using Gouki because he is still playing SF4 for SBO and doesn’t want to change or confuse his playstyle due to the changes that Gouki underwent from SF4 to SSF4. He never mentioned anything about it being exhibition.

[media=youtube]ktm2NbbA2wg&feature=related"[/media]

Well when you’re talking about a matchup for a tier list, generally both players should be equal in terms of skill. Not saying that U.S. Cammy players are horrible, but I don’t think can match to the general skill level of Ricky Ortiz.

Can’t really say Rufus or Cammy is better when you’re using players with a big skill gap as examples.

I think there is also a big gap between Ricky Ortiz and Sako from what I saw. :sweat:

To me the best players of EVO were Daigo, Infiltration and Gamerbee although he uses dp a little too much, and none of them is american.

Haha, being American is terrible!

Really? Because Stein and I aren’t Sako we don’t count as players? GTFO with that shit, how’d you do against the guy the guy FUCKING 2nd at evo? I know we both got a match and both of the Sets were close. (BTW I think rufus vs cammy is in cammy’s favor) and we lost to Ricky because Ricky is a GREAT player, not just in Super, not in Vanilla, but in basically EVERY fighting game he’s played. Me and Stein both placed top 50-75 (out of 1600-1700?) and do pretty well respectivly in our different areas tournament wise. To disreagard on the Basis that someone isn’t Sako is plain ignorant, just because someone isn’t the best in the world doesn’t mean they can’t make valued contributions and insights into that character. Also on the flip side, just because sako destroys someone doesn’t mean that match is in cammy’s favor, maybe sako was just plain better. This looking to Japanese for high level play is good, but taking what you see as the only source for knowledge is closed minded and weak. Most of my inspiration came from watching AMERICAN cammys (people who’ve also given me personal great advice like Stein and Jchen) and I feel like it’s done me some good.

For the record Stein and I lost to Ricky, not Rufus. The guy made some great, game altering reads on both of us. Sad that I lost, not salty.

Also I am pumped for Sako vs Mochi, I personally think that outside of the trash characters in this game Cammy vs Sim is one her her best match-ups, yet at the same time don’t be sleeping on Mochi, he clearly has proved he knows what hes doing. I hope that it’s not a blowout, but it could very well end up like that.

Did you fully read my post?

My skill level has not important. I’m not the one being used to decide who’s favored in the Cammy vs Rufus matchup.

Where did I say that? Your contributions and insights into Cammy are highly valued and appreciated. Again, I think you should fully read my post.

My point exactly. Ricky was just clearly better than you guys, no offense or anything. Reread Wedge’s post again. I’m implying that just because you guys lost doesn’t mean the matchup is favored toward Rufus.

^doesn’t mean it’s not either. Again since match-ups are based purly on the impossible concept of equal skill you have to have to look at everything not just The best.

Best? They’re not Sako so they don’t count. is the ONLY post I am referring to. This is what truly bothers me, very closed minded and shouldn’t be out there to confuse newer people / learning (which is what the forums are more aimed towards).