Sako's Cammy in God's Garden Finals!

Cosmic heel (df+Hk) can give up to +3 on block if you space it correctly.

true , but last active frames dont hit crouching cammy , dont remember how many exactly though.

When I saw that FADC after HK SA, I was like, yeah Sako is just stylin, because right after that, he stunned Makoto, then when for another combo into Ultra which did less than 10% damage total… I believe Sako was just having fun with that round to see how much he can get away with it or it’s a mind fuck/middle finger to Makoto showing off that he can combo his ass at will…

I noticed Sako used EX C.strike many times as the main opener after Makoto turtle up a bit in the later matches. Love the matches, but as you mentioned, these games aren’t Sako’s best… Makoto got away with many things and Sako dropped a few key combos at times.

Also I noticed Sako used quite a bit of meaty SA after knockdowns, and he got punished more than 50% of the time he tried… Was the meatie SA meant to close the distance or was it a set up for something else…

Cammy better than rufus? you guys are nuts in the hands of the most skilled player yes but there is no way she has all of the tools that rufus does hell she doesn’t even have a reliable armor break. cammy is average. but a great player can make an average character great. Dr. chaos for example.

all those people who are saying sako lucked out and all that with favorable matchups can eat a dick. so what if a tier list says a match up is 6-4 doesn’t mean shit until the match is played. I wonder what Adon vs Rufus was before evo…hmmm.

Don’t cry that he’s not fighting daigo so it doesn’t matter remember he’s not fighting daigo because daigo got bodied up by sim.

how do you know he is not fighting Daigo? Sako said he wants to fight Daigo.

I think he will fighting Daigo first to 10 exhibition after he bodys sim.

i meant he’s not fighting daigo in the finals you tool bag. common sense is not so common these days. title of the thread is god’s garden finals why would i be speculating on a exhibition match.

touchy touchy

this tournament is just exhibition. that’s why couple players don’t even using their main. it’s very common sense, i guess common sense is not common like you said. Just because your are not going to watching Daigo vs Sako. it doesn’t mean other people don’t. it will probably has higher viewers than Sako vs Mochi.

Is Sako the dude with the fade haircut and glasses, or is that just a member of the commentary team? Not that it really matters. I’m just curious.

And, yeah, Sako is sick. Hope he rips Dhalsim a new one.

No, it’s just a member of the commentary team.

If you want to see what Sako’s like: [media=youtube]ZaH98rp3N0c[/media] he’s a handsome guy.

i think Sako is prettier than Tatsu ^^

Is that english? You’re right man they don’t care thats why Tokido, Sako, Daigo and Mochi all chose someone other than their main.

I never said i wouldn’t watch daigo vs sako where did you get that idea. I said its NOT happening referencing this tournament because daigo is already out. Reading is fundamental my man.

this.

and i don’t know why you are mad when i said there will be Daigo vs Sako first to 10 match.

He’s mad 'cause he’s a troll.

I honestly think Cammy is better than Rufus. Cammy has a much easier time getting out of pressure, and even to do it completely safely she needs only 2 meter, while Rufus needs 3, and there goes most of his meter! Cammy doesn’t need a reliable armor break, especially the main time Cammy gets FA is during her CStrike pressure, which means you’re just getting to predictable. She has more than enough tools to be extremely good. She has more than one good poke, her pressure is awesome, her backdash is good, her FA is fast, and even though her Ultra 1 doesn’t hit low anymore and the neckbreaker does more damage, you can combo into the ultra AND deal more damage than naked ultra (even though not much, but it encourages you to actually combo it.) Rufus, especially without meter, DIES under pressure, and if he can’t get in he also dies! Especially all the damage nerfs, I think Rufus was one of the few that felt the nerfs hard.

I’m gonna speculate a little and say you’re looking at it as Rufus vs cammy in a match i agree in that sense its 5-5 maybe a little in cammys favor. but as a whole she’s not a better character. Rufus has moves that must be blocked low as well as an overhead. meterless ultra combos more life. doesn’t require heavy execution. block strings that do pretty good chip. As good as cammys dive kick is rufus’s is better. Even with all that said Fuck rufus I heart cammy.

back to the GG discussion. No need to derail

ive played against sako over a 100 times and you can take my word for it when i say that he knows the claw matchup really well.the main point that sako overlooked at the beginning was the fact that makoto is not all that good when it comes to wall diving.its very apparent seeing how he was tagged by a cannon spike after every other blocked exfba.plus normally a good wall diver would would delay the wall dive in the air a bit and quickly go over the head to make cammy whiff all her specials.makoto doesnt seem to do any of that,so it was a case of sako over estimating his wall diving ablilities at the beginning.mentally waiting to go for the ultra would not be a very good thing to do unless the claw player clearly whiffs the wall dive at a distance,you got a whole lot of shenanigans to deal with.

also,i never saw sako going for a throw everytime,so dunno why you said that.

anyway bottomline is that sako loosing at the beginning had nothing to do with the points you stated.he just could not handle the kara pressure/cosmic heel mixup and lost around a minimum of 50% hp every round.so it was simply a matter of him getting used to the baiting patterns,you could see how he was able to get in on claw quite easily in the last 5 games.

I think sako has a thing for blondes hahaha

Yes that death match was defently entertaining, and inspirational. I’ve been following Sako’s accomplishments with Cammy for some days now, and news flash to those who are underestimating him, not to mention Cammy… Sako has been making quick work of the likes of Daigo consistently now. A little dedication on youtube will reveal that.

I think Cammy is indeed a lil better then Rufus, because of her psuedo upper-cut move. I think you have to have this “get-off-me” option(without having to burn meter to use) to truly dominate in SF. Rufus has to have meter to utilize the all mighty “get-off-me” technique.

I don’t know if I’d go so far as to say it makes her better then rufus, but I do think a lot of people under rate how much it makes up for some of the areas rufus has her beat in. She has other small advantages people tend to forget about, like the fact that her dive kick is a special move rather then a unique attack thus allowing her not only to build meter off it at a distance, but to pay an ex meter to do things with the ex version of it that rufus can’t. Sako, for instance, has made some great use of ex cannon strikes in this tournament, allowing him on numerous occasions to put pressure on in situations I don’t believe a rufus player could have (or at least not as effectively).