Rufus Combo Thread - You can't learn kung fu in a day!

st.HP xx HP GT, st.MP, st.MP, st.HP xx SA

Squeezed out a little bit more damage for 2 bars in the corner.

I was doing Pandora combos yesterday… I was using Jin and Rufus, and I’d cross up jump with hard k into the corner with Jin and do pandora. That leaves you at 20 +frames to do whatever with Rufus. Yo i was doing these crazy combos where i added 30% damage due to the level 3 damage gem, and 30% meter acquisition, and with the 25% boost from Pandora, Rufu’s combos are long enough that you build full meter during the combo. On some real shit? that’s 150% total damage, and my normal B&Bs BEFORE super were doing over 600. So pretty much, if they’re not about to get a perfect on you they are dead, and all you have to land is a jump attack from the other character into Pandora.

I know this might be a little premature, especially with engine issues and timer issues and what not but it is extremely unexplored territory and I just wanted to look into it. Once the system is tweaked, it looks like it might be a viable option after all…

So do I dash out before the HP.GT actually connects? Are we using the windbox to elongate the combo? I’m at work or else I would just test it out. Oh and I’m new to Rufus as of this weekend, I know nothing about the character yet lol

It should look like you’re dash cancelling out of the normal. For Rufus, the dash cancelling works like a 2-in-1 with the forward input at the end of the quarter-circle registering as the first input of the dash, so you only need to hit forward one more time for the dash to come out.

midscreen: divekick, cl HP x LK messiah kick, LK followup does 278 for no meter, doesn’t push them as far as cl HP x HP tornado though. haven’t checked if cl HP x LK messiah works on all characters.

It does work on all characters.

Does anyone know if you can do restand tag combos off of Messiah Kick~MK in the corner? Tried it once before but I thought I just had bad timing with it.

Been working on making Law my #2 character because I can do this combo off of one meter which does crazy damage. (1 meter besides the ultra finish)

[media=youtube]xIoFNyfcfbg[/media]

Pardon the nubness new to sfxt.
I assume tc is target combo? Ie light, medium, hard?

Oh wait probably lk hk?

LK > F.HK

LMH is usually referred to as ABC.

i found a combo in training , works mid screen , i dont know if anyone found it before :smiley:
anyway here it is

Dive Kick > (Target Combo lk > f.hk) > (Target Combo lk > f.hk) > df.mk > super art or cross art
or if no bar , u can try to do normal at the end instead of super , didnt try any special move

xiahou after a cross rush combo with rufus coming in are you doing Cl.hp xx CADC, TC sweep?

Imo it’s too tight to be doing after a launch but it is possible. Do it after switch cancelling moves like dps and heihaci double uppercuts.

I made a video covering Rufus’ combo options, if anyone knows a more damaging combo (all of the ground ones start with divekick) then be sure to post as I’d like to know :slight_smile:

[media=youtube]dJ8nFNwV26Q[/media]

Full combo notes are in the description.

Ha, this was exactly what I was looking for yesterday. Great stuff, mubress.

Actually Rufus’s most damaging combo off a divekick is:

DK, TC, TC, DF.MK, HP, CADC - 294DMG. The ending might not do damage but you recover faster and build a little meter. Got the idea from dhalsim’s combo above.

After the EX GT > double fs.HK go for HP instead of c.MK. You have to be closer but it’s easy if you do the HK’s a little later than usual and walk forward for the HP. Anyway, nice video and congrats on front page.

Edit: Where did the OP go? It kind of bothers me that we have to search through 50 posts to find some combos when the first post should have a list of them.

Best rufus tbh